Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/28/2015, 10:14 AM   #26
clorox
Registered Member

Has anyone used any of the Abyzz pumps inside the tank to replace traditional wavemakers?

I was thinking about getting an A100 and hide it inside a dedicated rock structure like the one sold by Korallenwelt.

Any experiences of use besides a return please share.

clorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2015, 09:57 AM   #27
Skragan
Registered Member

Just as a short information to those who have asked: Abyzz is now available in the US, as well as service, spares and support, all of this provided by Abyzz America LLC. Please contact Jeff at (717) 502-2999 M-F 9-5 AST or visit www.abyzzamerica.com or www.facebook.com/abyzz.america for more information, specs and data sheets.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email - much quicker response than in the forum ;)
Skragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2015, 10:00 AM   #28
Skragan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clorox View Post
Has anyone used any of the Abyzz pumps inside the tank to replace traditional wavemakers?

I was thinking about getting an A100 and hide it inside a dedicated rock structure like the one sold by Korallenwelt.

Any experiences of use besides a return please share.
There´s plenty of videos on You*** and also on the Abyzz facebook pages. It works very well, have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFGA...L9R9ZrZtTVKy1l

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJuCn-2dVXY

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email - much quicker response than in the forum ;)
Skragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2015, 02:07 PM   #29
Scythanith
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie lyons View Post
Would be nice to have the Abyzz (DC Voltage pumps) distributed out in our neck of the woods who really knows what they are doing, finally!... unlike the chinese crap that's been selling around here in the last several years !
You can buy Abyzz pumps from Marinetech Innovations in Canada.

Unread 06/24/2015, 02:14 PM   #30
Scythanith
Premium Member

You can see my full build here:

Current state:

Unread 07/08/2015, 11:48 AM   #31
reefforums
Registered Member

Hello Abyzz Users!

My name is Jeff Macaré and I am a partner at Abyzz America. I just want all Abyzz users to know that I am available and happy to help with any questions you may have. I can be reached via e-mail at sales@abyzzamerica.com and via phone at 717-502-2999 Monday-Friday, 9:00A-5:00P MST.

Peace!

-Jeff

reefforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/08/2015, 11:57 AM   #32
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefforums View Post
My name is Jeff Macaré and I am a partner at Abyzz America. I just want all Abyzz users to know that I am available and happy to help with any questions you may have. I can be reached via e-mail at sales@abyzzamerica.com and via phone at 717-502-2999 Monday-Friday, 9:00A-5:00P MST.

Peace!

-Jeff
Is this the same Jeff from Reef Dynamics?? If so, glad to see you landed back on your feet in such a hurry. You probably remember me from when I came down to your LA facility with Jim to shoot that video! I wish you the best with your new venture! Abyzz makes some great pumps and it's great to hear that there will be US support for the product line!
Best wishes!
Scott

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/08/2015, 12:26 PM   #33
reefforums
Registered Member

Scott!!! Nice to hear from you! Yes it's Jeff Macaré. I remember that shoot with Jim, it was a blast! I hope you are well and thanks for the well wishes, I'm really excited about Abyzz America!!

Unread 07/08/2015, 12:36 PM   #34
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefforums View Post
Scott!!! Nice to hear from you! Yes it's Jeff Macaré. I remember that shoot with Jim, it was a blast! I hope you are well and thanks for the well wishes, I'm really excited about Abyzz America!!
Great to hear! I'm hanging in there.. The economy has been painful but at least I still have a pulse! Did you move from Arizona or are you still enjoying the dry heat vs the heat and humidity that would go with a move to Florida?

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 07/09/2015, 11:04 AM   #35
reefforums
Registered Member

For the time being we are in AZ and while it is certainly not the state I would have picked to move to from CA, it's working for now. I am very excited to start this new venture with Alex and Abyzz so the future looks quite bright! Who knows where we'll end up!?

Unread 08/19/2015, 01:53 PM   #36
SERVO
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skragan View Post
Hi,

you can basically order Abyzz pumps from us directly, since we did not fix anything with partners in the US. On the other hand, any store may order from us, also. I know that UniqueCorals has them... and some other shops. Stocking in the US and having a local Abyzz service point will start around the first quarter of 2015.

The Abyzz A100 comes already with a wide range input, this means it runs with pretty much everything from 90 to 240 volts and 50 to 60Hz. All other models (Abyzz A200, A400) run on 230 volts 50 to 60 Hz, but they work perfectly if your electrician sets up a 208 volts plug for you (which can be made very easy).

Also, the US models will be available within the first quarter of 2015, running directly from 110V.

Abyzz will also be at MACNA again in 2015 and also on the RAW in Monterey, so dealers and customers will have the chance to check us out again I´m looking forward to answer your questions! If there is something urgent, please contact us via email sales@abyzz-usa.com!

Kind regards,

Alex
Alex, Could you please tell me how many amps the a 400 pulls at full power thanks

SERVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2016, 12:34 AM   #37
Acrononomus
Registered Member

Is anyone else running a 400 or the 420? I'd really like input on these ! Thanks!

Acrononomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2016, 10:54 AM   #38
fisheye1
Registered Member

Abuzz a100 plumbing fittings

Hi All,

I seem to have an issue glueing adapter unions to the pump to plumb it up. Both the 25mm and 40mm are really loose. has any else had this experience and how/what did you use to attach plumbing to the pump. thanks!

IMG_6402.jpgIMG_6402.jpg

fisheye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2016, 12:47 PM   #39
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye1 View Post
Hi All,

I seem to have an issue glueing adapter unions to the pump to plumb it up. Both the 25mm and 40mm are really loose. has any else had this experience and how/what did you use to attach plumbing to the pump. thanks!

Attachment 358727Attachment 358727
Are your adapter fittings JST (japanese standard) or DIN (European Standard)? The Abyzz pumps should be DIN and there is a difference in sizing between the JST and DIN. If your adapters are 25mm and 40mm JST, that would explain why they don't fit properly.

Unread 08/03/2017, 05:33 PM   #40
foxt
Registered Member

I have an A400, and have a question about configuration. When I lose power, after the power returns, the pump remains in standby mode and I have to manually push start to get it to run again. Is it possible to have the pump default to restart on power on? I have checked the manual, but I didn't see it (may have missed it though).

BTW, love the pump - I'm pushing about 18' of head from my basement to the display tank on the first floor, and I get about 1600gph at 70% power (which was my target flow rate). It can go higher, but at that point the return flow turns my fuge into a blast zone ...

foxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2017, 04:47 AM   #41
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

Hi foxt,

I have the a100 pump so I'm sure the setup is the same or at least very similar. My settings are saved when the pump turns off then back on, it doesn't wait for me to manually restart the pump. Did you press the (M) button to save the flow speed?

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2017, 01:27 PM   #42
foxt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRockerLive View Post
I have the a100 pump so I'm sure the setup is the same or at least very similar. My settings are saved when the pump turns off then back on, it doesn't wait for me to manually restart the pump. Did you press the (M) button to save the flow speed?
Thanks! That was it ...

foxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2018, 02:29 PM   #43
Joerooster
Registered Member

I have a 5.57” width limit in my return pump space in my sump would it fit? It almost seems like the base is flared at the bottom and was thinking that if it was tight I could trim the base mount so it doesn’t touch and make vibrations. Any info would be appreciated thanks

Joerooster is offline   Reply With Quote