Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/20/2017, 11:14 AM   #176
cincyjim
Registered Member

Most outstanding! Thanks so much!

Current Tank Info: SCA 150G, 5 inch sand bed, 2 Tunze 6095s, ReefBreeders v2+ 50" with 2 all Blue Reefbrites, and Continuous Water Change System
cincyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2017, 10:23 PM   #177
mecheng
Registered Member

Kudos to you for posting these. I was scratching my head trying to figure this out until I found your post. I now have both of my 6105's programmed. Unfortunately it is now late and they are both in night mode! Thanks very much for sharing this.

mecheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2017, 03:42 AM   #178
chercm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I thought I would post this for those who are setting up variable speed pumps. I got a pair of 6205's to replace 2 of my 4 Koralia pumps. Initially I fired them up with the Tunze 7096 controller to get a feel for what pattern worked best for my tank in order to get a wave motion. Once I figured that out and found the 7096 to not be flexible enough, I ditched it. It took all but 12 hours to decide that I needed to get hopping on Apex control and to my surpise, it was very easy.

I started programming my pair of 6205's yesterday. I couldn't have done it without the information I got from this forum as well as the Unofficial guide and figured I would post this to help others.

My tank is 4' wide x 8' long. Currently I have 2 6205's at one end of the tank and will likely add a couple more pumps in the future.

My idea was to have a decent wave current during the light on period. Lights start to come on at 11AM and turn off at 7:30PM I was able to get a pretty decent pulse that reaches the far end of the tank and makes all my corals dance.

This profile was named Wave1.

Prior to light and light off on I wanted to slow things down in prep for night mode so I created a profile called DuskDawn. Its similar to Wave1 but less power at a max of 70%.

I wanted to create an intermittant current that changed things up over the course of the day. Based on my readings here, creating a flush cycle that was on a timer was the easiest way to do it. I created Flush1 and Flush2. Flush1 is used by 1 of the Tunze pumps and Flush2 is used by the other. This allows for the pumps flow to alternate back and forth during the flush cycle. I probably could have used Synchronize Disbale to do the same thing using one profile instead of 2. The flush cycle turns on every 60 minutes for 10 minutes. I will likely adjust this.

I think I have covered most if not all of it. Below are the Outlet setups as well as the profiles for the pump modes. Any feedback or comments would be appreciated. Everything works like a charm which was a real surpirse considering this was my first attempt at variable speed pump programming.

Variable Speed Pump 1 and 2

Stream Rt (This is my Tunze pump on the right side of tank. VS1)

Set Wave1

If Time 10:00 to 10:59 Then duskdawn

If Time 11:00 to 19:00 Then Wave1

If Time 19:01 to 20:00 Then duskdawn

If Outlet Timer = ON Then Flush1

If Time 20:01 to 09:59 Then Night

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Stream Lt (This is my Tunze pump on the left side of tank. VS2)

Set Wave1

If Time 10:00 to 10:59 Then duskdawn

If Time 11:00 to 19:00 Then Wave1

If Time 19:01 to 20:00 Then duskdawn

If Outlet Timer = ON Then Flush2

If Time 20:01 to 09:59 Then Night

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Pump Profiles:

Wave 1 (This keeps a constant surge going that makes the corals dance)

Synchronize Enabled

Divide by 10 Enabled

Initial off time (Seconds) 0

On time (Seconds) 7

Off time (Seconds) 4

Minimum intensity 0

Maximum intensity 100

Night (This mode allows for less erratic flow at night)

Synchronize Disabled

Divide by 10 Disabled

On time (Seconds) 10

Off time (Seconds) 15

Minimum intensity 30

Maximum intensity 50

Flush 1 (This mixes things up throughout the day)

Synchronize Disabled

Divide by 10 Disabled

On time (Seconds) 30

Off time (Seconds) 30

Minimum intensity 0

Maximum intensity 100

Flush2 (This mixes things up throughout the day)

Synchronize Disabled

Divide by 10 Disabled

Initial off time (Seconds) 30

On time (Seconds) 30

Off time (Seconds) 30

Minimum intensity 0

Maximum intensity 100

DuskDawn

Synchronize Enabled

Divide by 10 Enabled

On time (Seconds) 7

Off time (Seconds) 4

Minimum intensity 0

Maximum intensity 50

Timer (Used to control the flush cycle)

OSC 060:00/010:00/000:00 Then ON

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am always interested in learning new ways to simplify things or do them better. This is a work in progress and I plan on making more changes and profiles to improve flow in my tank. I also plan on adding a couple more Tunze pumps in the near future.

This is a video I shot yesterday after getting my wave motion dialed in.

I have a peninsula tank how to create the random program for 4 tunze 6105??? I am using your program

https://youtu.be/E2VFcpITns4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2017, 08:01 AM   #179
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercm View Post
I have a peninsula tank how to create the random program for 4 tunze 6105??? I am using your program

https://youtu.be/E2VFcpITns4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is a peninsula too. I would suggest starting at the beginning of this thread. My programming should work fine for you but you would likely need to adjust the on/off pulse intervals to match your tank setup as length and rock will impact the "ideal" on/off times for the pulses as well as the max power. You would be doing yourself a favor by reading this entire thread as it will answer any questions you are likely to have. The programming I have documented here creates different flow at different times of the day.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2017, 07:10 PM   #180
billr65
Registered Member

How can i do the same thing but i have the tunze 6055 but there our on each ends of my tank ??? thank you

billr65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/08/2017, 04:35 AM   #181
five.five-six
Registered Member

Could someone read through this and make suggestions/corrections?

I have a small aquarium, 29 gal biocube with just 1 6055.

My goal is for the flow to randomize with strong action in the day and to be calmer in the evening I am also using the sunrise and sunset function on lighting. Currently I am using the stock lighting that came with the biocube but plan on upgradeing to LED in the future

Name PF_Day
Type pump
Initial time off 0
On time 4
Off time 4
Min intensity 30
Max intensity 100

Name PF_Nite
Type pump
Initial off time 0
On time 30
Off time 5
Min intensity 30
Max intensity 45

Device 3_1
Name Actinic
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sun 000/000 Then ON
If Tmp > 80.0 Then OFF
Min Time 001:00 Then OFF

Device base_Vari1
Name Tunze_6055
If Output Actinic = ON Then PF_day
If Output Actinic = OFF Then PF_night
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

I have to say, I do not like GUIs for programming, I much prefer CLI. The learning curve is steeper but it's a lot easier once you get it under your belt.

"I hate that hole"

Current Tank Info: SCMAS Member 225 peninsula euroreef RS180 Apex 400W X 3 20k radiums / Spectra mixed SPS

Last edited by five.five-six; 08/08/2017 at 04:44 AM.
five.five-six is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2019, 07:44 AM   #182
JS_racer
Registered Member

Thanks so much for all this great information!!
is there a way to test the different patterns before making them live and part of the schedule ?? (pump profiles)

thanks, i think i have everything plugged into the programing properly, i think, not sure where to add the osc ones,

Unread 06/12/2019, 02:39 PM   #183
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_racer View Post
Thanks so much for all this great information!!
is there a way to test the different patterns before making them live and part of the schedule ?? (pump profiles)

thanks, i think i have everything plugged into the programing properly, i think, not sure where to add the osc ones,
In the variable speed outlet that the pump is connected to, you can add a line that says: set wave1 where “wave1” is the name of the profile or replace wave1 with what ever the profile name is without any other code and it will run just that profile.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/25/2020, 01:39 PM   #184
Conniechelle
Registered Member

Mr Slief, thank you for this thread. I read it no less than 25 times, start to finish, all while taking notes and writing down my own questions. I was able to back track, re-read everything posted and get answers to every single question in my notebook. Then after installing my pumps (finally....(2) 6105's) I went back and read all the comments a couple more times to answer more of my written questions. I should also note that I'm just shy of I-D-10-T status when it comes to programming my Apex and it was NO easy feat by any means trying to figure out the conversations between you and others on this thread. My pumps are working great and I'm able to fine tune them to my liking.

Thanks again for providing all of the info and being patient with everyone.

Conniechelle is offline   Reply With Quote