Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/29/2017, 06:23 AM   #1
bidi
Registered Member

Vortech MP40(old model-white) blinking

My controller is blinking red and green, and nothing can be turned on. As if that's the only situation in which it operates. I tried a lot but could not fix the situation.

Thanks

bidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2017, 01:30 PM   #2
Alex Y EcoTech
Registered Member

A flashing Red/Green light on your VorTech controller will indicate a stall error, which is typically caused by the wetside being bound. To troubleshoot a stall error, start by powering down your pump and removing the wetside from the aquarium. Next, soak the wetside in a 50/50 hot water and vinegar solution. Once the water cools, completely disassemble the wetside and clean all components. After reassembling the wetside, align the wet and drysides in on your aquarium. Power the pump on and switch to constant mode at a low overall speed. Make sure the pump is aligned properly before switching to your desired mode and speed. If you continue to have issues at this point, please contact our customer service department directly.

Alex Y EcoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2017, 09:47 AM   #3
bidi
Registered Member

The incident happened as a result of the dry side connection from the new (black) model to the old (white) controller.
I plugged back the dry side of the old (white) model and still it has the same problem.
After I had disconnected the wet side from the dry side, the dry side began to work again. When I plug them back in, the problem resumes.

Unread 11/30/2017, 12:38 PM   #4
JP Reef
Registered Member

I don't think you are supposed to connect the new (black) QD dry sides to the old controllers. Is that what you did? I am not sure why you would have. Still sounds like a stuck wet side that needs cleaned.

JP Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2017, 06:15 AM   #5
bidi
Registered Member

I did it! fixed it! thanks!