Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/02/2016, 01:26 PM   #1
enthejungle
Registered Member

Profilux 4 360WE connection

I'm looking to get the new Profilux 4 and am seeing some conflicting info online on whether or how the Kessil 360WE can be connected to the controller for both color and intensity.

Could you please provide me info on how this can be done and what additional adapters I would need.

Some info indicates cutting the power supply. Would like to avoid this if possible.

Thanks

enthejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Hi,

In order to connect this light to the ProfiLux, you will need an LBF-AP box. Each box supports 2 LED channels.

Use the Kessil control cable and cut the RJ-45 end of the cable and connect those wires to the LBF-AP box.

Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2016, 07:54 PM   #3
enthejungle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny@GHLUSA View Post
Hi,

In order to connect this light to the ProfiLux, you will need an LBF-AP box. Each box supports 2 LED channels.

Use the Kessil control cable and cut the RJ-45 end of the cable and connect those wires to the LBF-AP box.
Thanks for clarifying.

Unread 12/09/2016, 12:35 PM   #4
Marco@GHLUSA
Registered Member

As Vinny outlined, very simple.
Inside the LBF-AP box you'll find 4 screw terminals, L1/3 and L2/4 both have a pos/neg terminal. the LBF-AP box will connect to your L ports, either L1/3 or L2/4 or others.

Marco@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2017, 10:51 AM   #5
enthejungle
Registered Member

Can someone please confirm on whether I've correctly connected this?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4712.jpg (51.8 KB, 51 views)
Unread 02/18/2017, 07:12 PM   #6
enthejungle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthejungle View Post
Anyone?

Unread 02/19/2017, 11:05 AM   #7
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthejungle View Post
You **may** have the white and black backwards. If you are using the original Apex Kessil Cable and cut the end off, look at the RJ45 connector that you cut off. As shown below, Pin 1 (white) is the +10v positive, pin 2 (black) is the negative. Pin 5 (Red) is the +10v and pin 6 (green) negative. Double check the end you cut off and make sure your white was in fact on pin 1 and black was pin. It's possible that the wire colors changed over the years so you need to be sure which color wire came from which pin # on the RJ45.

From this image
Left to right.
PIN 1 White +
PIN 2 Black -
PIN 3 not used
PIN 4 not use
PIN 5 RED +
PIN 6 Green -
PIN 7 not used
PIN 8 not used

If you don't have the end you cut off, use an ohm meter and check the continuity. This is the 3.5mm side.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 02/19/2017 at 11:11 AM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2017, 01:27 PM   #8
enthejungle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
You **may** have the white and black backwards. If you are using the original Apex Kessil Cable and cut the end off, look at the RJ45 connector that you cut off. As shown below, Pin 1 (white) is the +10v positive, pin 2 (black) is the negative. Pin 5 (Red) is the +10v and pin 6 (green) negative. Double check the end you cut off and make sure your white was in fact on pin 1 and black was pin. It's possible that the wire colors changed over the years so you need to be sure which color wire came from which pin # on the RJ45.

From this image
Left to right.
PIN 1 White +
PIN 2 Black -
PIN 3 not used
PIN 4 not use
PIN 5 RED +
PIN 6 Green -
PIN 7 not used
PIN 8 not used

If you don't have the end you cut off, use an ohm meter and check the continuity. This is the 3.5mm side.
I appreciate the response. It was a Apex Kessil cable that I bought from BRS. I took a photo before I cut the end and laid them out in the same order. Looks like they've changed the coloring from the photo you've provided. For some reason I can't upload the photo to RC of before I've cut the cable but I'm thinking I'm good to go from some other advice I've gotten as well.

Unread 11/23/2017, 06:14 PM   #9
muz_z
Registered Member

Just wanted to check if I connect the wires to the above Ethernet style plug do I need the LBF-AP box?
Or will this plug just go straight into the L port and work?

Also would anybody have a sample of there schedule in the Profilux to see the minimum % of the lights
I have also seen I need to set the voltage to 1.3V for the port is this correct ?

Is this a similar thing t9 setting the voltage of the port for Tunze pumps ?

muz_z is offline   Reply With Quote