Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/12/2012, 08:44 PM   #1
windyridge
Fish Mother

Great Phone Aquarium App

Just discovered a phone app and thought I would share. It's called My Aquarium Logger and it is GREAT! You can log any and all parameters that have test kits and graph them. You can backup your data to the SD card and restore it as well. Log fish, inverts, corals, equipment etc. You can upload pics for each fish/invert. This sure beats my little notebook because it's so easy to search. It's cheap at $2.99 for Android. I don't know if there is a comparable IPhone app. I love being able to graph my parameters.

92G Mixed reef, SCA-302 skimmer, 15g sump w/fuge & Eheim Compact Plus @650 gph, AI Sol Blue, Koralia 750 &Tunze Nanostream 6025, Apex Jr,Tomini, 6-Line, Brittle star, damsels, Gramma, RBTA/clown, PJ c

Current Tank Info: 92G Corner Bowfront Mixed Reef
windyridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/13/2012, 11:11 AM   #2
agentdelaney
Registered Member

i'm a Windows phone 7 guy myself and Reef Keeper is an awesome app to for maintenance, fish, feeding, etc. good post. this stuff is always good to have!

agentdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/13/2012, 11:21 AM   #3
windyridge
Fish Mother

Do you mean the Reefkeeper controller or is this an app separate from that? I have an Apex but it won't collect my live stock and equipment or graph my parameters other than those that I have a probe for. One day I hope to have all the pics I have already taken of my livestock along with the descriptions in the app. This will be handy at a frag swap. Of course you can always use the online services such as Flickr but I like the way the info is arranged in one place.

92G Mixed reef, SCA-302 skimmer, 15g sump w/fuge & Eheim Compact Plus @650 gph, AI Sol Blue, Koralia 750 &Tunze Nanostream 6025, Apex Jr,Tomini, 6-Line, Brittle star, damsels, Gramma, RBTA/clown, PJ c

Unread 03/15/2012, 02:37 PM   #4
agentdelaney
Registered Member

sorry Reef Tracker. not keeper. if they have something out there like that that would be awesome. this one allows you to set up maintanence and put in fish, corals, etc. with pics and what not. pretty handy especially if you manage multiple tanks.

Unread 03/15/2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Bluephish13
Registered Member

thanks just sparked the idea for me to get a reef app.

got the aqua planner pro for iphone so far looks great, 2.99$. made me check parims quick just so i could start the fun graph option. looks just as you explained species lists, pic loading,graphs,alerts, ect.

Bluephish13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2012, 07:54 PM   #6
windyridge
Fish Mother

They are handy aren't they? My big challenge is getting all the info in!

Unread 03/16/2012, 06:39 PM   #7
agentdelaney
Registered Member

i'd benefit from something that would warn me about water changes, checking levels, doing tests and stuff like that. ah well. always can have a wish list i guess

Unread 03/16/2012, 07:03 PM   #8
FreakingReefing
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluephish13 View Post
thanks just sparked the idea for me to get a reef app.

got the aqua planner pro for iphone so far looks great, 2.99$. made me check parims quick just so i could start the fun graph option. looks just as you explained species lists, pic loading,graphs,alerts, ect.
is that app any good? would like some feedback if its worth the buy or not?

FreakingReefing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2012, 09:22 PM   #9
windyridge
Fish Mother

Agentdelaney you could put that stuff on your calendar and set reminders maybe?

Unread 03/17/2012, 08:05 AM   #10
Bluephish13
Registered Member

aqua planner pro
for what it is, its great. It has custom alerts for what ever you want, the only thing is i don't think they are audio alerts. It also has a button to auto reset your schedule, say if you do a water change every 2 weeks but you did one early this week. hit the button and it automatically starts over 2wks from that day. no going in to change dates. Also good for keeping track of zoa's with pics.

I like it, everything i expected from it(not a controller app.) It also seems to get updated frequently.
4 stars. 5 if i get audio alerts.

Bluephish13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps