Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/03/2012, 02:43 AM   #1151
shellydsilva
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2Surplus View Post
The original Typhon firmware was written in Arduino 18. It will compile properly using any version up to Arduino 23.
I used Arduino 18 to compile the code and received the following error messages:

**********************************************************C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ Wire\Wire.cpp:78: error: prototype for 'uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)' does not match any in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\/Wire.h:53: error: candidates are: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\/Wire.h:52: error: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)':

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:95: error: no matching function for call to 'TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:93: note: candidates are: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\/Wire.h:53: note: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)':

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:100: error: no matching function for call to 'TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:93: note: candidates are: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:98: note: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: At global scope:

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:103: error: prototype for 'uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int, int)' does not match any in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:98: error: candidates are: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:93: error: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:137: error: prototype for 'uint8_t TwoWire::endTransmission(uint8_t)' does not match any in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\/Wire.h:51: error: candidate is: uint8_t TwoWire::endTransmission()

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t TwoWire::endTransmission()':

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:154: error: no matching function for call to 'TwoWire::endTransmission(bool)'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:152: note: candidates are: uint8_t TwoWire::endTransmission()

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: At global scope:

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:160: error: no 'size_t TwoWire::write(uint8_t)' member function declared in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:185: error: no 'size_t TwoWire::write(const uint8_t*, size_t)' member function declared in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:203: error: prototype for 'int TwoWire::available()' does not match any in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\/Wire.h:58: error: candidate is: uint8_t TwoWire::available()

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:211: error: no 'int TwoWire::read()' member function declared in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:227: error: no 'int TwoWire:eek()' member function declared in class 'TwoWire'

C:\Users\Aqua\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:238: error: no 'void TwoWire::flush()' member function declared in class 'TwoWire'

Pardon me if this error is just minor and could be resolved easily. I am a novice in programming. So please help me to resolve this error message.

shellydsilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2012, 01:49 PM   #1152
pyrokidd89
Registered Member

Hey everyone I am a noob when it comes to coding. but can some one tell me how to get the typhon code that is from BoostLED to update every second when in "Timer Mode" or if someone can just do it real quick.

here is the code.

Attached Files
File Type: txt Typhon Code.pde.txt (22.9 KB, 100 views)
pyrokidd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2012, 03:42 PM   #1153
zachts
Registered Member

Anyone have a spair board they'd be willing to part with?

zachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2013, 02:59 PM   #1154
shark boy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachts View Post
Anyone have a spair board they'd be willing to part with?
I have an extra board. PM me.

I also have an extra built Typhon if anyone is interested/with ftdi usb to serial adapter for programming.
shark boy

shark boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/2013, 12:22 AM   #1155
ajmckay2
Registered Member

Hi all. Hopefully this isn't considered "resurrecting an ancient thread" as I think it's still quite relevant. I've skimmed it over, though after like page 18 I sort of started getting lost!

Basically, I'm just wondering if someone can point me to the wiring diagram for a regular Arduino Duemilanove. I'm building my LED array this weekend and I'll only need 0-5v PWM for the drivers I'm using (Meanwell LDD).

I have:
1 - Arduino Duemilanove
1 - LCD display w/pot (HD44780)
1 - DS1307 RTC
4 - buttons
and wires, breadboard, etc...

So in summary all I want to do is be able to use the typhon sketch for my arduino w/o having to build the typhon board since I already have the arduino and I won't be using 10v PWM. I've searched quite a bit for this but the closest I've come is Katchupoy's thread, but he uses a strange shield with buttons already on it and it doesn't hook up to the LCD directly. I also tried viewing the typhon board in Eagle, but I couldn't figure out the pins from that either (though I am reading up on it still).

Thanks in advance!

ajmckay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/15/2013, 03:21 PM   #1156
Speedbump858
Registered Member

Hi everyone! Big props to DWZM and all the contributors that made this project as great as it is.

Does anyone have any extra boards they are willing to sell? I could use up to 2.

Thanks

Speedbump858

Speedbump858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2013, 08:29 AM   #1157
Baghyyy
Registered Member

i have two boards square:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&postcount=637

whit adafruit white case this:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/271

if you want contact me for mp

Baghyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/12/2013, 06:54 AM   #1158
shark boy
Registered Member

Typhon PCB

I was sending a board to John Borders and it got returned. Erased the pm.
John, pm me.

shark boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/13/2013, 09:13 PM   #1159
Speedbump858
Registered Member

Typhon PC Board

Hey Shark boy, Saw your message and I emailed ya here(cant PM yet) and via gmail(the gmail one bounced). I was checking for the board and it never arrived. Did it say WHY it was sent back? I never got a notice here.

John

Unread 03/14/2013, 11:56 AM   #1160
moncapitane
Registered Member

Who wants a cheap, simple, Arduino-based LED controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghyyy View Post
i have two boards square:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&postcount=637

whit adafruit white case this:
https://www.adafruit.com/products/271

if you want contact me for mp
For a case, do you know where to find an enclosure which has a slot for a 4x20 and not just a 2x16? I have yet to find one online.

Also, on a side note, does anyone have a working typhon code that works on a newer version of the arduino software since 1.0.4 is currently out? Just curious. I could always just modify the code to make it work but if someone else has already done so, there is no point in wasting the hours of work to make the needed changes.

moncapitane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2013, 12:15 PM   #1161
Baghyyy
Registered Member

Moncapitane, I do not know

Baghyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2013, 10:01 PM   #1162
CrazyEyes
Registered Member

This might be a dumb question but, I have the uno board. If I wanted to dim the channels separately and I bought the LCD screen and buttons do I still need to write the sketch on my computer or do you just do it through the button? I noticed the Jarduino used the Mega board and he had a touch screen and was dimming them without changing the sketch.

Unread 04/01/2013, 06:15 AM   #1163
der_wille_zur_macht
Team RC Member

CrazyEyes, you need to load the sketch on once. Then, the buttons allow you to alter the parameters that control the lights. So, if you want to change the dimming behavior, you just push buttons on the unit.

"It is my personal belief that reef aquaria should be thriving communities of biodiversity, representative of their wild counterparts, and not merely collections of pretty specimens growing on tidy clean rock shelves covered in purple coralline algae." (Eric Borneman)
der_wille_zur_macht is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2013, 09:30 PM   #1164
Speedbump858
Registered Member

Sharkboy

Hey Sharkboy,

I cant PM you or email you directly (it bounces). Send me an email. I am still interested in the board. It looks like you copied the address incorrectly.

Thanks

John
aka
Speedbump858

Unread 04/19/2013, 08:15 PM   #1165
sanddune600
Premium Member

I have an issue where every time one of my channels gets down to 20% to 10% my arduino controller starts reseting anything above or below that and the controller is fine I have it connected to 5 cat4101 LED drivers each driving 3 LED's

Unread 07/10/2013, 01:24 PM   #1166
dudedudedude
Registered Member

Any way to add two more light channels?

Sean

dudedudedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/10/2013, 03:41 PM   #1167
asid61
Registered Member

I have been working on improving the Typhon code to give each channel very precise control of every half-hour of every day. I will post the code here when it's all debugged.

asid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/11/2013, 11:17 AM   #1168
moncapitane
Registered Member

Who wants a cheap, simple, Arduino-based LED controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudedudedude View Post
Any way to add two more light channels?

Sean
You should be able to just add additional channels in the coding if you are using a controller with additional PWM pins. I know the typhon controller is limited to 4 but if you use your own arduino, you should be able to incorporate addition PWM ports by just replicating the channels to add additional ones.

Unread 07/12/2013, 05:29 AM   #1169
dudedudedude
Registered Member

I figured it could be done, I just have no coding experience and have no idea how I would make two more values arranged on the base display. If anyone wants to show me how to change the code it would be much appreciated. I am using rev13:

http://code.google.com/p/typhon-reef...yphon.pde?r=13

Unread 07/12/2013, 07:32 PM   #1170
BBM3
Registered Member

Quote:
I figured it could be done, I just have no coding experience and have no idea how I would make two more values arranged on the base display. If anyone wants to show me how to change the code it would be much appreciated. I am using rev13:

http://code.google.com/p/typhon-reef...yphon.pde?r=13
Your link is to v.02
Here is a link to the latest revision I know of (v.03 alpha).

http://code.google.com/p/typhon-reef...hon/typhon.pde

The ATMega328 does have 6 PWM pins that could be used for LED dimming however 2 of those are currently being used for the LCD in v.03.

It can be done with code and hardware changes however....

A simpler approach might be to look at the Jarduino Project.
You will get 6 channels of LED dimming plus a bunch of other neat options and a touchscreen.

http://code.google.com/p/jarduino-aquarium-controller/

-BB

BBM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/13/2013, 06:57 AM   #1171
dudedudedude
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM3 View Post
Your link is to v.02
Here is a link to the latest revision I know of (v.03 alpha).

http://code.google.com/p/typhon-reef...hon/typhon.pde

The ATMega328 does have 6 PWM pins that could be used for LED dimming however 2 of those are currently being used for the LCD in v.03.

It can be done with code and hardware changes however....

A simpler approach might be to look at the Jarduino Project.
You will get 6 channels of LED dimming plus a bunch of other neat options and a touchscreen.

http://code.google.com/p/jarduino-aquarium-controller/

-BB
Awesome, exactly what I was looking for!!!

Unread 07/14/2013, 05:14 PM   #1172
BBM3
Registered Member

Quote:
Let me know if I can help. I have built both.

Cheers,
-BB

BBM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2013, 02:05 PM   #1173
moncapitane
Registered Member

Quote:
You could also get a mega and then you can use any of the digital pins to go with the screen and then have all of the pwm ports available. This is what I'm currently working on. You can still use the typhon code but just add more channels and modify the pins in which the lcd works from.

Unread 07/26/2013, 10:34 PM   #1174
dudedudedude
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM3 View Post
Let me know if I can help. I have built both.

Cheers,
-BB
How would you wire the PWM signal to Meanwell LDD drivers. Is it the same as shown for the typhoon here:

http://s451.photobucket.com/user/ajm...476a1.jpg.html

Thanks,
Sean

Unread 07/26/2013, 11:07 PM   #1175
89Delta
Moved On

Wire the pwm output to the pwm input an add one ground from the controller. Am using the cat4101's currently that drive my typhon off the 12v output so i'm just connecting the pwm pin to the input.

89Delta is offline   Reply With Quote