Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/02/2006, 10:51 AM   #1
synofreak
Registered Member

CPR Question

Hello all , got a Q for you. I just got a CPR bakpak 2R+. It says to have base of funnel 1/8" in H2O. Would that be the bottom of the funnel or where the funnel connects to the collection cup? Thanks for any help.

synofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2006, 11:35 AM   #2
ChickenCannoneer
Premium Member

I think that they are referring to the very bottom of the collection cup. I think that you will find your own spot though that works best for you. HTH, Tim

ChickenCannoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2006, 11:50 AM   #3
davocean
Registered Member

The very bottom of the collection cup(that little flange looking thing) sits about 1/8 below water level in skimmer.
I found mine needed constant adjusting to maintain that.

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2006, 12:38 PM   #4
synofreak
Registered Member

I started it yesterday around 5pm central. I put the bottom of the collection cup in water a bit with the flange competely submerged. The flange hit the intake tube so it could go no further down. I did have some foam this morning, but was wet and white. If I pull it up, with the flange 1/8" in water, I am recieving no foam. Maybe it just needs to break in? Thanks again, as I'm still a noob to SW(7 month old tank), and the CPR is replacing a Skilter.BTW tank is a 50g corner Hex front(wish it was curved front) with 2 Dwarf zebra lions, LR,LS/crushed coral. Corals are 5 going on 6 head Torch, 2 head Frogspawn with zoos, green polyps, finger leather, few shrooms, and not so healthy devils hand, and gorgian(spelling?), which were fine till a 2 day light failure. Tank grows coraline and Culepera(spelling?) like crazy.

synofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2006, 03:05 PM   #5
davocean
Registered Member

Sounds like breaking in, give time.
GET THE CULERPA OUT OF THE TANK!!
If you don't have lights running 24/7 it can go sexual and overgrow your tank.
I have chaeto in my fuge.
If you have to have in tank stuff shaving brush or halmedia

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote