Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/08/2010, 07:31 PM   #1
shackscs
Super Premier Member

Meanwell LPC-35-700 driver wiring problem.

While waiting for my driver boards to arrive I need to hook up my array to my Meanwell 35-700 LPC driver. Connected the brown and blue wires to the white and black wires on the cord going to the wall outlet.

I then connected the red and black wires to a test LED and "Poof" fried it like an egg. It was an older LED but I am glad a tested before going live with my array. The driver will be used to run 12 3w Cree XPE LEDS.

I also tried to test a string of Solaris LEDS (5) and get the same result a Pop and then death to the string.

I did purchase a multimeter and am getting .69??? on the display. I need help with the multimeter but I am wondering what is going on with the driver.

Here is the multimeter that I picked up:

shackscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Eel-byte
Premium Member

If i'm reading the schematic correctly, you should have the brown to black and blue to white.

Eel-byte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2010, 08:13 PM   #3
shackscs
Super Premier Member

Tried that too and same result. I know is talk about the drivers being set to max and needing to be turned down but rthis thing closed up pretty good. Not surw if this applies to this driver and if so how to open it.

shackscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2010, 08:52 PM   #4
Obi-dad
Registered Member

You are powering up the driver with AC before connecting the LED? Not recommended for this very reason.

Visit our CTARS club website by clicking my RC name then 'visit homepage' - and please support your LFS

Current Tank Info: 75g mostly stonies. DIY LEDs (24 CW XP-G, 48 RB XR-E) on dwizum CAT4101 drivers, DIY Hydra controller, SSB, Korallin Ca Reactor, Euroreef skimmer
Obi-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2010, 03:56 AM   #5
Eel-byte
Premium Member

It possible the driver was damaged. In which case it will not work right again. As obi-dad stated, you should have all your connections completed before firing up.

Eel-byte is offline   Reply With Quote