Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Tank of the Month
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/26/2009, 10:00 PM   #76
Tangweed
Registered Member

Very nice

Current Tank Info: 90 gal with 40 gal breeder sump / fuge, Octo skimmer, lights and some water.
Tangweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2009, 11:16 PM   #77
arinova8
Moved On

very very nice

arinova8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2009, 09:59 PM   #78
Welles
Registered Member

to mingxu: I have not use any sand ,Magic mud or something like this in the refugium.

to wellsophyllia: I used LED unit without any socket or housing, it need some DIY works, you could get more info here in Soundwave's thread : http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1

to johara: with LEDs and VHOs as supplements, the color of the coral is better than halides only, but the power of the LED is only 144watt, so if LED only with 1200watt halides, the effect of the LED for the color of the coral is not obvious.

to THP: the blue damsels is pretty peaceful with lemon peel angel in my tank, the lemon peel angel was transfered from old tank, and the blue damsels were added only six month ago. The lemon peel nip at clams and corals occasionally, but it is not very serious.

Welles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2009, 08:40 AM   #79
Oldude
Premium Member

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a beautiful reef and spectacular looking corals. I have coral envy to say the least. A well deserved TOTM.

~ April 2010 TOTM ~
Oldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2009, 10:40 AM   #80
Tony Romano
Registered Member

Outstanding System!

Why don't I have any money?

Current Tank Info: 215 & 90 mixed tanks
Tony Romano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2009, 02:07 PM   #81
dantdodge
Registered Member

Question Refugium Question?

Hello Mr. Hu,
I was going through the tank of the month forum here and ran into your tank and was amazed! I was particularly interested in your tank because As far as lighting and filtration I seem to have the same setup on a smaller scale. I have a 110gal and I have 2 250w xm 10k with 2 super actinic, and 2 454 VHO bulbs for "blue" supplement. On my 30gal sump I also have a 150w metal halide with a reeflux 10k bulb. I was wondering 1. how high you keep the light up off the refugium? 2. what kind of growth you are getting out of the 6700k bulb? And 3. how often you prune your sump? Thank you so much for any help you can provide I just cant grow any cheato in the sump and I am thinking the bulb might just be to close to the water. Thank you and Congrats!

dantdodge is offline   Reply With Quote