Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/21/2015, 05:44 PM   #1
Jaffy
Registered Member

Fox face pooping too often?

Currently housing my Foxface in a 215, fish only tank. He was quarantined 30 days about 3 months ago or so, and seems to poop constantly. My concern is a visible lump (2), one each side of his abdomen since being in the display tank. He eats well, a balanced diet of flakes, pellets, algae sheets, frozen prepartions, etc. He is not picky. Tank mates all doing well with no problems. The foxface has bright colors, swims well and no signs of disease (poop is not stringy, has no ich spots, etc). I am just concerned that he poops a lot and looks to not be gaining much weight, which may be why some of his organs are popping out on the side if they aren't lumps? I don't know. Anybody have any information on a fish that may be pooping too much to gain weight??? I have no aggressive fish and tons of space/rock, so there I no issue there.

Jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2015, 05:55 PM   #2
Jaffy
Registered Member

Picture of the lump. Both sides of abdomen have one. Some days it stands out more than others.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.3 KB, 58 views)
Unread 03/21/2015, 06:31 PM   #3
PhaneSoul
Registered Member

Maybe quality of food, he is eating a lot. They say we only use 10% of what we ingest. I know if I feed my dogs kibbles and bits they poop more and it stinks & is mushy compared to if I have them on a raw meat diet, that poop comes out white and deteriorates easily showing very little has gone to waste so therefore I don't have to feed as much.

PhaneSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/21/2015, 07:08 PM   #4
Jaffy
Registered Member

He pecks all day at the rock and sand. The algae sheet he gets twice a week. Frozen mixture is usually mysis, bloodworms, marine cuisine, spiral a brine - a mixture of that. Usually only once a day. When I feed twice a day, usually every other day, one feeding is specific small pellets and flakes, which he eats also. Not sure...hmm. As long as he seems happy and colorful I can deal with his lumps as long as he can.

Unread 03/22/2015, 12:52 AM   #5
Grkgod36
Registered Member

My fox face eats all day and always have nori in for him and my thug yellow tank they destroy it but no issues

Grkgod36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disease, foxface, poop