Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/03/2013, 11:07 AM   #201
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHUR View Post
Rodney,

Scape is amazing!!!!! how did you glue rock together, epoxy?

Mike
what are you doing in here mike????? are switching lights already?????

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2013, 11:09 AM   #202
MSHUR
ugust 2011

Nahhhhh, i didnt even try Mitras yet

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy crystal glass, Profilux network system,PS -Diuna T5-10 bulbs, BK SM-300
MSHUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2013, 11:31 AM   #203
mark54321
Registered Member

Tank is almost ready for water, got my light up and working. Still playing with the software.

mark54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2013, 01:17 PM   #204
mikeatjac
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54321 View Post
Tank is almost ready for water, got my light up and working. Still playing with the software.

Beautiful live rock design, love the simplicity.

Unread 08/04/2013, 04:17 AM   #205
rodneyri
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHUR View Post
Rodney,

Scape is amazing!!!!! how did you glue rock together, epoxy?

Mike
Thanks Mike, just used aquaknead mixed with superglue...sets like rock. ive lifted the rockwork out a few times and its still solid.

Unread 08/04/2013, 04:19 AM   #206
rodneyri
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPotter View Post
Looks amazing Rodney!!!! Any regrets switching from Mitras to these? Im in the planning stages of a 96x36x24 and the ATI LED PM is on the top of my list for lighting.
No regrets yet, I really like the output of the light once I dialled it in...not as flat as a T5 only tank, but not as crisp as a LED only tank...sits in between, really bright and full looking color

Unread 08/04/2013, 04:20 AM   #207
rodneyri
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54321 View Post
Nice scape Mark! got some shots from different angles

Unread 08/04/2013, 08:34 AM   #208
roni
Premium Member

wow, this is quickly becoming an awesome aquascape thread as well as a lighting thread. I'm now on month 3 of waiting on my lights. At this point, I may just go ahead and wait a little longer and let them sort out the programming issues. I'm actually a little surprised that the light isn't controllable from the apex or other controller.

roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2013, 09:32 AM   #209
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roni View Post
wow, this is quickly becoming an awesome aquascape thread as well as a lighting thread. I'm now on month 3 of waiting on my lights. At this point, I may just go ahead and wait a little longer and let them sort out the programming issues. I'm actually a little surprised that the light isn't controllable from the apex or other controller.
What size light did you order?

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
Unread 08/04/2013, 02:10 PM   #210
mark54321
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyri View Post
Nice scape Mark! got some shots from different angles
Thanks Rod, I don't want to derail this thread with pictures of aquascape, you can see more in my build theread : http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2284841

mark54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2013, 07:49 AM   #211
MvM
Registered Member

He's an iPhone video of my programming in preview mode. Most of the dramatic changes happen at sunrise and sunset. Sorry for the poor quality. I may try to take another video at night to see if I can get a truer version of the colors in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dJ9Z...e_gdata_player

MvM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2013, 10:41 AM   #212
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dJ9Z...e_gdata_player

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/10/2013, 08:28 AM   #213
mikey13
Registered Member

Does anyone else's light keep flickering all the time when it is ramping up or down ? my unit is doing it a lot ,its driving me nuts .

mikey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/10/2013, 02:11 PM   #214
MvM
Registered Member

I have very little flickering. A couple times per day during intensity changes.

MvM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2013, 01:03 PM   #215
Mark SF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan zemanek View Post
In a few years It will be fun to watch all the LED guys and gals talk about what kinds of issues they are having with their corals. I can see it now they will be buying new skimmers, throwing all kinds of snake oils in their tanks only to come and realize that their corals have died because the LED's have in fact worn out. Of course by then that will be the last thing they will have thought of because everybody has bought into the "LED's last forever mentality".
Stan, I am going the LED/T5 Hybrid route with the Pacific Sun Pandora Hyperion S model, but I would tend to agree with this statement.

There is unequivocal proof that MH bulbs change spectrum after long periods of use. For instance, many MH bulbs lose a considerable amount of blue spectrum and increase the spectral intensity in orange and red after several months of burning.

Now I am ignorant as to how these LED chips are made, but I assume, especially for phosphor coated bulbs such as the "white" LED's that this spectral shift will occur to some degree as well. How much so with the more narrow spectrum LED chips? I don't know, but it is definitely worth discussing because the initial cost of these fixtures would look even more prohibitive if after 2-3 years the stated spectrum was changing...Not to mention a general loss in the overall loss in output of the chip, which in turn would also effect spectrum.

-Mark

Mark SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2013, 01:13 PM   #216
loweryster
Registered Member

Mine only flickers when the bulbs turn on for a 1 hour ramp.

@Mark SF, I've been following your post regarding the Pac Sun, I'm very curious how this fixture is.

I only run my whites and reds at 50%

Current Tank Info: Marineland 93G Cube, 2 x Vortech MP40W, Bubble King Double Cone 180 / Mini RD3 DC Speedy Pump, Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy 50w DC Return Pump, ATI 24 x 8 PM Hybrid , Apex, GHL 3 head doser, Zeovit system, Arctica 1/10 HP

Last edited by loweryster; 08/12/2013 at 01:19 PM.
loweryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2013, 11:46 AM   #217
loweryster
Registered Member

Would anyone like to share their bulb combo as well as program?

Current Tank Info: Marineland 93G Cube, 2 x Vortech MP40W, Bubble King Double Cone 180 / Mini RD3 DC Speedy Pump, Red Dragon 3 Mini Speedy 50w DC Return Pump, ATI 24 x 8 PM Hybrid , Apex, GHL 3 head doser, Zeovit system, Arctica 1/10 HP
loweryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2013, 12:12 PM   #218
flamron
Professional Stick Gluer

I'm considering this fixture or the pandora hyperion. The eight controllable channels on the PAC sun are interesting, but I'm more a fan of ATI because of reputation and dimmable T5 lamps.

Anyone owned or seen both off these yet? Would love to hear from you guys if so.

60g cube - Ghost Overflow - ATI 8 bulb dimmable sunpower - Apex - MP10s - Synergy sump
flamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2013, 12:22 PM   #219
SPotter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamron View Post
I'm considering this fixture or the pandora hyperion. The eight controllable channels on the PAC sun are interesting, but I'm more a fan of ATI because of reputation and dimmable T5 lamps.

Anyone owned or seen both off these yet? Would love to hear from you guys if so.
I owned the pac sun pandora hyperion led/t5 fixutre and sold it earlier this year. I switched back to an ATI Sunpower fixture. When my new tank is ready I will most likely be going with the ATI PM Led fixture. While the pac sun fixture is very powerful it is very difficult to customize your own programs and processor they use to dim the leds is not very good IMO. Lets say you want to run your lamp at 65% total power and have your sunrise/sunset set for 120 minutes. The intensity will be at 65% but it will also cut your sunrise/sunset time by 35%.

Unread 08/15/2013, 01:30 PM   #220
h0bite
Registered Member

Is that the 8x54w + 3x75w led is too strong for a 48x24x24 tank ?
Thanks

h0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2013, 12:39 PM   #221
MrSandman
Team RC Member

I just joined the club! Picked up a new 8 bulb 24" unit to hang over my 36" x 36" tank.

The light is amazingly bright when the LED's are on. Build quality is typical ATI German quality. Now i have some questions:

Has anyone figured out how they would run this with an Apex? The Apex is cool because i can turn on/off the lights remotely. With this controller it looks like i'm dependent on the built-in program. So if the lights are on, i can turn the entire fixture off with my Apex. But if the lights are off (because of the program) there is no way to easily turn them on, is there? With/without an Apex, how would i do this without having to reprogram the unit?

If this is the case then i'll probably ditch the use of the dimming features and just program it to run 100% on all the time and allow the apex to decide the on/off schedule.

Anyone else have ideas? I haven't played around with it too much so i'm interested to hear what someone more experienced would say.

Current Tank Info: 112G 36"x36"x20" Lee-mar rimless. Build Thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293182.
MrSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/22/2013, 03:35 PM   #222
Riblet
Registered Member

ATI Powermodule Hybrid Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
I just joined the club! Picked up a new 8 bulb 24" unit to hang over my 36" x 36" tank.

The light is amazingly bright when the LED's are on. Build quality is typical ATI German quality. Now i have some questions:

Has anyone figured out how they would run this with an Apex? The Apex is cool because i can turn on/off the lights remotely. With this controller it looks like i'm dependent on the built-in program. So if the lights are on, i can turn the entire fixture off with my Apex. But if the lights are off (because of the program) there is no way to easily turn them on, is there? With/without an Apex, how would i do this without having to reprogram the unit?

If this is the case then i'll probably ditch the use of the dimming features and just program it to run 100% on all the time and allow the apex to decide the on/off schedule.

Anyone else have ideas? I haven't played around with it too much so i'm interested to hear what someone more experienced would say.
It will reset and lose your programing if you remove the power. I have the 36" 8-bulb over my 36"x 36" there is no way besides a laptop or the controller. I talk to ati and they said they are working on a iPad type app to remotely control the fixture.

Unread 08/22/2013, 08:17 PM   #223
MrSandman
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riblet View Post
It will reset and lose your programing if you remove the power. I have the 36" 8-bulb over my 36"x 36" there is no way besides a laptop or the controller. I talk to ati and they said they are working on a iPad type app to remotely control the fixture.
Thanks. Yeah. I spoke with Reefgeek as well and confirmed the same. I really hope they come out with that app soon. To be honest it's really a poorly thought out controller design. Sort of surprised as the Germans are usually good designers and engineers. I should be able to manually override the program at any time. Instead I'll be forced to simply change the time to fool it to turn on.

Current Tank Info: 112G 36"x36"x20" Lee-mar rimless. Build Thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2293182.
Unread 08/27/2013, 11:52 AM   #224
MrSandman
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweryster View Post
Mine keeps the time and program. Inside the controller I pretty sure there is a battery, might be bad/dead? I opened mine when I got it because the display was falling out.
By any chance did you take any pictures of the insides? I'm curious to know if there is an actual battery. I powered mine down for about 5 minutes the other night and it kept the time and program. However, i also powered it down for 9 hours and it didn't keep the time. this is important because during winter and summer months we will sometimes get random power outages and it would suck if i had to reset the time every time this happened.

Unread 08/27/2013, 12:03 PM   #225
Carpentersreef
Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
By any chance did you take any pictures of the insides? I'm curious to know if there is an actual battery. I powered mine down for about 5 minutes the other night and it kept the time and program. However, i also powered it down for 9 hours and it didn't keep the time. this is important because during winter and summer months we will sometimes get random power outages and it would suck if i had to reset the time every time this happened.
I recently bought 2 4' hybrid units. We regularly get power outages here, one unit will keep the time and program, the other will keep the program but reset the time to 8:00 a.m. no matter how short the power outage. I then have to program in the time again, otherwise the unit thinks it's 8 in the morning and will start the light program from there.

I've sent an email to ATI support and am waiting to hear back from them.