Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/21/2018, 06:44 AM   #1
Vrod2169
Registered Member

Need lighting help

Folks I have a 300 gallon and maintain only fish. The tank has been running with just 21 year old power compacts that I would just change out bulbs. I have not kept up with the latest technology and half of my light system burned out and had to be thrown in the garbage. I think that some king of led would be the way to go to help with lowering heating since the lights will be inside a custom hood. For at least the next year it will be a fish tank with eventually trying to see I feel I can keep polyps and mushrooms. The trick is to stay on the economical side as I just finalized a divorce last month and have an 8 year sentenced, lol. Appreciate all suggestions!

Vrod2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2018, 10:12 AM   #2
zachfishman
Registered Member

A pair of Mars Aqua fixtures would do the trick for you. As long as you can get them high enough you'll cover the whole tank fine.

Tampa Bay Reef Club BOD 2018

Current Tank Info: 34g modded Solana
zachfishman is offline   Reply With Quote