Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/22/2011, 10:35 PM   #1
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

2011 Thanksgiving Weekend Sale!

We've had a year to be thankful for here at Avast...

So we feel that a special holiday sale for our loyal customers is in order! Since last Thanksgiving, we've made several major accomplishments in our first full year as Avast. We've introduced several new products, and delivered improvements on many others. Our ATO Kit now has the ability to easily plug into four common aquarium controllers, and gained a backup shutoff valve as well. The CS1 cone skimmer kit has a few new options, including a recirculation modification that allows easy fine-tuning of water throughput and far less sensitivity to changing sump water levels. We also have some truly unique products coming up very soon, after several months of intense R&D.

We've also relocated to a new production facility that is over 10x larger than the little shop we started in. We're now based in Maurertown, VA, a little town nestled in the Shenandoah valley about 60 miles west of Washington, DC. The move to the new shop has allowed us to grow, resulting in hiring new employees. We're doing our part to create US manufacturing jobs!

So without further ado, our Thanksgiving super sale:

* Our ATO Kits (with new controller interfaces) are 30% off!
While supplies last - we have a limited inventory of all types, and once they're gone, this sale is OVER! >>> (Enter coupon code SITEBUSTER1 at checkout)

* Retrofit Swabbies are 40% off!
Send in your skimmer lid and let us install the Swabbie motor for you, or do it yourself with easy instructions. Either way, supply is limited, and once they're gone, sale is over! >>> (Enter coupon code SITEBUSTER2 at checkout)

* Top-down Porthole XL is 50% off!
Soon we will introduce some minor cosmetic changes to this product, so all existing stock must go to make room. Same easy-to-use functionality, so pick up a fun way to take look-down pictures of your tank! >>> (Enter coupon code SITEBUSTER3 at checkout)

* ALL other items site-wide are 15% off, no exceptions! >>> (Enter coupon code THANKS2011 at checkout)

* Ordered from us in the past? Your site-wide discount goes up to 20%! Just our way of thanking repeat customers. Sign in to your account to have the bonus discount automatically applied. (Enter coupon code THANKS2011 at checkout as above)

NOTE that this sale will run ALL WEEKEND, from 12:00am Black Friday to the END of Cyber Monday at 11:59pm. If any product becomes sold out during this time, we will be unable to honor this sale pricing in the future when it is restocked, unless otherwise noted on the website. So get your orders in early and don't miss out!

Due to anticipated high order volume, please allow a little extra time for your order to ship. If you have an urgent need for it to go out asap, please feel free to let us know by email.

Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving & Holiday Season!

Dan & Justin,
Captains

ctenophore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2011, 01:02 PM   #2
strittmatter
Registered Member

Can you use more then 1 coupon code at a time or do you have to make multiple orders?

strittmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2011, 01:25 PM   #3
BZOFIQ
Registered Member

PM Sent

BZOFIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2011, 05:08 PM   #4
cunningham
Registered Member

Coupon not applying to purchase, any help?
Danny

Current Tank Info: 95g Mixed reef bowfront, 30g sump with refugium, 2-250w Radium Halides with Galaxy Ballasts and T-5s, Bubble King Mini 200,2 MP-40s, 1/4 HP Aqua Euro Chiller. 135 FOWLR Triggers,Tangs, and cycling a 24 g. Nano
cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/23/2011, 05:11 PM   #5
cunningham
Registered Member

^^^^^Never Mind the sale has not even started yet, what an idiot
well when it starts, im in!
Danny

Current Tank Info: 95g Mixed reef bowfront, 30g sump with refugium, 2-250w Radium Halides with Galaxy Ballasts and T-5s, Bubble King Mini 200,2 MP-40s, 1/4 HP Aqua Euro Chiller. 135 FOWLR Triggers,Tangs, and cycling a 24 g. Nano
Unread 11/24/2011, 11:18 PM   #6
BZOFIQ
Registered Member

Order placed

Unread 11/24/2011, 11:51 PM   #7
96p993
Registered Member

Just placed another order...Thanks so much from a repeat customer!!

96p993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2011, 12:22 AM   #8
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the business, everyone! The last hour has been pretty entertaining watching the website. Most of the "site busters" are already nearly out of stock; I was hoping they would last until Monday.

strittmatter, you can use all the coupon codes at the same time.

Have a great weekend!

Justin

Unread 11/25/2011, 04:00 PM   #9
bad santa
SCRK member

I missed out on a great deal on the swabbie lmk if you plan on offering up a great deal again. Ty

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"
"Were discussing man,...you have your wrong opinion i have my right one. Its called communication." Mac Inger

Current Tank Info: working on establishing a 32 Gal. Nano-Cube
bad santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2011, 12:04 AM   #10
aleonn
Registered Member

The deal went very fast, and I was lucky I didn't take too long to think about it. I hope to see more similar deals in the future!

aleonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/26/2011, 08:52 AM   #11
cubsare1
Registered Member

I couldn't find an extra lid for my skimmer otherwise I would have definitely got a swabbie. But I did buy a diy reactor at full price

cubsare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2011, 08:40 AM   #12
mmustafa
Registered Member

I want to get a swabbie for my ASM G3
What size to I order?

mmustafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2011, 07:03 PM   #13
cunningham
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmustafa View Post
I want to get a swabbie for my ASM G3
What size to I order?
You can send the lid in and they will retro fit it , in the mean time just put a dinner plate or a salad plate to fit on top of the skimmer
Danny

Unread 11/28/2011, 03:15 PM   #14
BZOFIQ
Registered Member

Not to sound like a pest but is there an estimated shipping schedule for orders placed during black friday? I ordered black pearl skimmer with the goodies and I was told that it was in stock.

Unread 11/28/2011, 08:52 PM   #15
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

Today was spent "pre packing" a lot of orders. Tomorrow, the first big group will go out. UPS has told me they will make 3 pickups tomorrow & the rest of the week. I am our shipping department, so it is going to take me a while to get all these boxes packed. Your CS2 is in stock and ready to go so I will make a point to have it out tomorrow.

On a similar note, Thank You to everyone who ordered from us this weekend! (If you haven't yet, there is still a few hours left ) This weekend was by far the largest order volume ever for us, and we really appreciate the support!

Unread 11/28/2011, 09:56 PM   #16
bad santa
SCRK member

I would like to order a swabbie but your out of stock. Is there any chance you have one laying around?

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"
"Were discussing man,...you have your wrong opinion i have my right one. Its called communication." Mac Inger

Current Tank Info: working on establishing a 32 Gal. Nano-Cube
bad santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2011, 10:21 AM   #17
BZOFIQ
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenophore View Post
Today was spent "pre packing" a lot of orders. Tomorrow, the first big group will go out. UPS has told me they will make 3 pickups tomorrow & the rest of the week. I am our shipping department, so it is going to take me a while to get all these boxes packed. Your CS2 is in stock and ready to go so I will make a point to have it out tomorrow.

On a similar note, Thank You to everyone who ordered from us this weekend! (If you haven't yet, there is still a few hours left ) This weekend was by far the largest order volume ever for us, and we really appreciate the support!
Thanks for an update. I was also wondering if the tracking numbers are included with order status update on your site when one logs-in into own account?

I am happy with the savings afforded by the black friday special and happy for you guys at Avast Marine that this discount translated into great turnout for your business.

Unread 11/30/2011, 11:03 AM   #18
jnjsad
Registered Member

Man, I've had a decent sized order on hold for 2 weeks awaiting a possible Black Friday sale....how I missed this, I have no idea....hitting my head right now on desk!

jnjsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2011, 07:52 PM   #19
aleonn
Registered Member

I hope a Christmas sale is coming soon!

Unread 12/01/2011, 03:33 PM   #20
cubsare1
Registered Member

Reactor kit has been shipped!!! so excited

cubsare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2011, 11:39 AM   #21
Avast Marine
RC Sponsor

We are almost unburied from last weeks sale, thanks for everyone's patience while we get everything shipped out.

There was approximately 20x the normal amount of weekend orders this past week just to give everyone a better understanding of why we are a tad backed up in the shipping department :-)

Don't rush art, you get bad art.
Avast Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2011, 02:30 PM   #22
gonorth16
Registered Member

just got my ATO , cant wait to get it going. It looks great

Current Tank Info: 25g DT, 75g sump in basement, RKL, LG4, swc bmk150 , 2- AI's Sol blue
gonorth16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2011, 03:26 AM   #23
aleonn
Registered Member

Has anyone received their retrofit skimmer swabbie yet? I can't wait!

Unread 12/08/2011, 09:07 AM   #24
robojet
Registered Member

Not yet... My lid arrived at Avast last tuesday... I'm looking at my doorstep everyday

Current Tank Info: 90g LeeMar with Starphire front, coast-to-coast overflow, Vortechs, ATB 840 v1.5
robojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2011, 02:42 PM   #25
aleonn
Registered Member

Just got shipping confirmation! I'm excited