Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/02/2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Bondrake
Registered Member

Arrow Can't Find RO/DI Vendor

Okay, about a year ago I read a thread on a forum (can't remember which) where people were discussing vendors who sell RO/DI equipment and setups. Someone posted a link to a mom and pop vendor with a not-so-memorable name that they had a really great experience from. From what I remember, it was operated by a couple out of their house and they had been doing it for 20+ years. They had really great prices, top quality setups, and an extremely informative website (they explained the design principles of why they included bypass valves and other equipment that you wouldn't find in their competitor's kits).

Now, for the life of me, I can't find it. Does anyone know who I'm thinking of? I want to get a drinking water add-on kit for my existing RO/DI setup. I have a 75GPD 5-stage from BRS and would be happy to just use their addon kit, but it doesn't seem to be available at the moment: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...water-kit.html

I also want to compare the prices and available equipment of this phantom perfect vendor to BRS before I restock my filters too. Any leads are much appreciated.

I'm aware of Air Water Ice, Buckeye Field Supply, The Filter Guys, and even found a little operation called http://www.abundantflowwater.com, but they're all definitely not who I'm looking for.

Bondrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Bondrake
Registered Member

FWIW, I remember specifically that the person who mentioned them said that they were extremely helpful over the phone and that they would even look up your local water quality info to help you select a system.

Bondrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2010, 08:54 PM   #3
tidepool2
Registered Member

I HIGHLY recommend "The Filter Guys": http://www.thefilterguys.biz/

65g reef tank, live rock/sand, Eheim 1262 900gph, Venturi skimmer, 2 Koralia PHs + Controller, 2 - 150w Rena Smart Heaters + Controllers, Cabinet, Sump, Aqua Illuminations Sol LED Module + Controller, 2 Ecoxotic 50/50 Panorama LEDs, 1 Ecoxotic Panorama Actinic and lots and lots of love.
tidepool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2010, 10:54 PM   #4
Dalbery
Registered Member

x2 for the filter guyz

Dalbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2010, 05:55 AM   #5
Rwinfrey
Registered Member

I always use aqua fx pete and mary ann run the bussiness I have been buying from them for around 12 years

Current Tank Info: Wish I had one building a house
Rwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2010, 07:19 AM   #6
thewire
Registered Member

how about purewaterclub product?

thewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2010, 10:18 AM   #7
1DeR9_3Hy
Registered Member

buckeyefieldsupply.com has been great to me several times.

1DeR9_3Hy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2010, 06:08 PM   #8
Nereaga
Registered Member

+3 on TFG. Great service! Ive had a unit for over 5 years now and not one issue!

Brad

Nereaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2011, 09:49 PM   #9
LynnWright
Registered Member

where i got to shop

PREMIER WATER SYSTEMS worked perfect for me. They have an ebay store and an online store. I did first contact them through ebay but wound up making an order through the number on thier online site. I couldnt beat thier price if I bought in bulk built two and divided by 2 and sold one for half the total cost. They shipped it and I recieved it the same week. They custom build to your specs or order a prebuilt one off ebay. They sent me a replacement housing because one of mine had a chip in it altho not leaking. I recieved that promptly the next week after sending them photos. Was very helpful with my questions and had a working knowledge of the system, obviously the same guy building them was answering the phones. An excellent deallings in my book A++++ seller and professional.

Last edited by LynnWright; 08/01/2011 at 10:26 PM.
LynnWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2011, 10:06 PM   #10
GoIllini
Registered Member

Air Water & Ice?

GoIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2011, 10:46 PM   #11
LynnWright
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoIllini View Post
Air Water & Ice?