Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/24/2018, 08:06 PM   #1
mav.23
Registered Member

Reef Aquarium Journal

Hello! I am starting a journal for my 50-gal reef tank to keep track of the progress my tank is making! If anyone has any tips, feel free to let me know!

Okay, right now, my tank is four months old, has a 1 1/2 inch live sand bed, and maybe 10 lbs live rock. Right now, I'm working on adding more LR. My tank has a convict blenny who stays at the back left corner behind LR, and my yellowtail blue damsel part-time lives with him. When the damsel isn't hiding with the blenny, or terrorizing my other fish, she is looking at her reflection, or hovering in the back left of the tank. My emerald crab used to just chill in a hole in my live rock in the back right center, but now he is exploring a lot more. I guess he was molting and now is back to usual. He eats algae, occasionally shoves a fish out of his way, and sleeps mostly. My clownfish paired with a male two months ago, and they are inseparable. They drift all around the tank, but nest in the middle sandy area, front right sandy spot, or under a LR overhang. The Valentini puffer I have nips at the LR, snails and hermit crabs, and follows the clowns around. The puffer is startled easily, and also looks at my QT tank through the glass. I am planning on adding coral to the tank after I get more rock, since I have a coral and anemone light, and I use reef salt. I'm waiting for my tank to be older, however. I am planning on adding corals and anemones in December-Jan. I am planning to test water soon, and do a water change.

Tomorrow, a Melanurus Wrasse is coming in, and she will be in my QT tank for a bit. She has a filter, 10 gal, (she is a juvenile) a sand bed she can burrow in, and I have her food ready as well as a tight lid.

In my final tank, I have a 2.5 gal nano with 2 lbs LR, a sand bed, 2 bumblebee snails, 2 margarita snails, 1 hitchhiking blue leg hermit, and a pom pom crab that is coming tomorrow. In about a half-hour I'm adding a GSP to the tank as well. I don't have a light yet, but if everything goes well, I will have one tomorrow or Wednesday. I have a filter, and I'm searching for Cyclop-eeze for my corals and bumblebees and pom pom.

mav.23 is offline   Reply With Quote