Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/29/2012, 07:34 AM   #1
xray
Registered Member

Ric lighting

I am sorry for asking this since I am sure it has been previously answered but have not been able to find. How much light should I try to give my rics. I have a marineland dd 150 cube with 2 ecoray112 led lights. right now they are at the bottom of the tank near the front which is on the outer edge of the light. 27" below surface and lights 8 inches above water. I want to attach them to a bigger rock and move them up about half way in the tank but near the side so they will not be directly under the lights. They look pretty good now and I don't want to hurt them. Thanks for any help.

xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2012, 09:26 AM   #2
countrykat
Registered Member

Mine are about 24" below 4 4' T5s and they are doing awesome. Half way up one of my islands. They are not in any type of shade at all and the colors are great.

Not sure how everyone else doe's it but I move my stuff around for a few weeks until I find a spot it really likes. Up and down and side to side throughout the water column. Just to show you what moving stuff around doe's, I have a fox that is perched on top of one island in moderate water movement and a hammer and frogspawn all the way on the bottom. That is where they have the best color and appetite so that is where they stay.

Hope this helps.

countrykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2012, 12:19 PM   #3
xray
Registered Member

Thank you very much as soon as I get some glue I will move them to a bigger rock that will let me move them and try out where I would like to put them.

xray is offline   Reply With Quote