Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/22/2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Jdub968
Registered Member

Clownfish in qt

Well guys I thought I would share a positive post on the disease and treatment forum for a change!! My two clown fish are nearing the the end of there qt. these guys started out as I always do by matching SG in my qt to the suppliers SG, floating them for 20-30 minutes and adding them straight in. I dosed seachem stressguard for a few days and got them eating. After 2 days I noticed the one clown scratching and the other had heavy breathing so they got fw dips and no signs of flukes I returned them back to the qt and the next day gave them a paraguard bath after 30 minutes they were stressing so I ended the bath. With no signs of flukes and no signs of ick velvet or brook, other than heavy breathing and occasionally a scratch I started cupramine and metroplex dosed to the water. 5 days in my bio filter was struggling to convert nitrite, ammonia was good so I would do a 1 gal WC before dowsing metronidazole. I wasn't to worried about the nitrite, because of the lack of toxicity to salt water fish however it wrecks water quality. After 10 days of cu and metroplex I stopped the metroplex done a little bit bigger WC and seeded the filter with some bacteria and continued cu the remaining qt time in cu went well the fish stopped breathing heavy after about 7-10 days in however there is a firefish in the qt also and he started scratching a bit but it was because the cu was irritating him. After 30 days I done about 50% WC and added carbon for 2 days once cu was undetectable I done another WC and dosed prazipro I like to bring my meds up to thereputic level slowly cu over 5 days and Prozipro I dose a half dose then 1 hr later I dose the other half this seems to be much easier on the fish and if there's is an adverse reaction it's easier to deal with. Well 1 st week went good with prazipro and I done a WC and redosed 6 days later. Well these guys are 2 days in on the second dose and looking good cross my fingers. Graduation day to the DT is just around the corner.
For all you guys that take time out of your day to help people on the forums I want to thank you without the help of other more experienced fishkeepers these disease can be tricky. Well thanks again and I wish everyone luck in there hobbies. 👍🏼

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (47.2 KB, 10 views)
Jdub968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2017, 08:49 PM   #2
JustinM
Registered Member

Qt’ing pays off my friend!

JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2017, 08:51 PM   #3
Jdub968
Registered Member

Absolutely

Jdub968 is offline   Reply With Quote