Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/21/2017, 09:09 AM   #1
whenry
Registered Member

Trachyphyllia Bleaching and Stressed

I purchased a Trachy about a month and a half ago and when I brought it home it looked perfect, as you would expect. I added it to my tank, but in the wrong place - on the substrate, but close to directly under an led light. The tank is 24" deep. After about a week I noticed that the coral was really not doing too well, it just was not inflating, starting to look a little less colorful and bleached, the middle area was starting to look more black...long story short, I moved it over, between two lights and turned down my lighting to 50% from 65%. The coral was still not improving after about a month. I talked to my LFS and they agreed to put it into one of their coral tanks that has some very healthy trachys so I can validate it is not some jacked up water parameter in my system or lighting or something odd - still no improvement.

My question after this long explanation is, would something like a coral rx or another type of dip be beneficial? Or any suggestions to help revive this coral?

I realize my lighting is turned down so, not the best visual, but here are some pictures from a two weeks ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dp21i3i3c...8Ov26fdka?dl=0

whenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2017, 09:11 AM   #2
whenry
Registered Member

PH: 8.2
Alk: 7.8
Calc: 440
Salinity: 1.024

whenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2017, 01:48 PM   #3
Pond Boy
Registered Member

They are susceptible to ruff handling it may have some internal shipping damage. The coral may be stressed to the point of no return unfortunately.

Current Tank Info: JBJ 12g
Pond Boy is offline   Reply With Quote