Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/12/2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Paradise Please
Registered Member

Is my sailfin just scared?

Hello I have had a Fowlr Tank for about 6 years now and before i had reef and fish. I have a 90 Gallon tank with a Desjardini Sailfin tang, Foxface Rabbitfish, Picasso Trigger, Lunar Wrasse. These guys all get along great together. The rabbitfish is the biggest at about 7 inches. The sailfin is about 5 to 6 inches when fins are spread out. The Trigger is a little guy still. Great Fish! And the Lunar is about 3 to 4 inches long. Tenacious Crazy guy really. I resently bought a Dogface Puffer. After keeping him in a seperate tank for almost 4 weeks I thought that i could introduce him to the tank. A week went by and they seemed to be fine. Eating wise and everything was normal for all. The sailfin started spending more time behind the rocks and decor. He kept eating but started scratching around his eye and started getting what appeared to be ich. He then started looking real bad apperance wise. Still eating fine. My puffer was eating great and was looking about as sickly but still energetic. I decided to take the puffer out seeing as how it was the only change in my tank for some time. In just 1 day both of these fish started looking better. In 2 days, now, they look awesome. With no medication to assist in any of this. ppphhheeewwwww...! I noticed absolutely no picking between the 2 whatsoever. I consider myself to be very close with the tank and take great pride in nowing and researching alot. This one has me stumped.

Thanks for the help
From
Paradise

Paradise Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Paradise Please
Registered Member

Does anyone know anything about why this would be happening to these guys. There was never any quarrelling between any of them.

Paradise Please is offline   Reply With Quote