Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/18/2016, 12:43 PM   #1
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

How to Join the TBRC

If you are interested in becoming a paid 2016 member of the Tampa Bay Reef Club, you may join at any of our meetings and also via PayPal. Once you join and attend a meeting, you will be able to choose a $10 gift card from our sponsors and are eligible to use the club equipment such as items like our 2 Par Meters or the Mojano wand. Also, each meeting there is a members only drawing where we give away a $50 gift card to our sponsors too. Your membership often gets you free or discounted admission into other reef related events around the state too.

To join via PayPal, use BOD@tampabayreefclub.org as our address. Single membership is $25.00; Family is $30.00. You will receive a membership card via email upon joining so please provide a valid email address in the notes section of PayPal if the address is different from your PP address.

Send me a PM if there are any questions and thank you!

Mrs Postal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Aquaman78
Registered Member

Joining Tampa Bay Reef Club

Hello,

I tried the link but it does not take me to the site. I am using Safari if that makes any difference.

Aquaman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2016, 05:04 PM   #3
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

The link is our address- you want to use www.paypal.com and then use our address BOD@tampabayreefclub.org as the Payee. Sorry for the confusion.

Unread 06/28/2016, 11:04 AM   #4
cobraz
Registered Member

Do you have an official site - with club info ?

Do you have an official site - with club info ?

Looking for meeting info, etc.
New to the area.

cobraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2016, 12:53 PM   #5
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

Our FB page is the most up to date..website is under construction. Take a look on FB and let me if you have any questions that are not answered there.

Unread 01/14/2017, 10:15 AM   #6
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

Our 2017 Membership drive is now open. Single membership is $25.00, Family is $30.00 and Student memberships are $15.00(18 & under). Your paid membership allows you to sell at our quarterly frag auctions, borrow club equipment, get discounted admission into local frag events(both FL Frag Swap and SWFMAS's annual frag event are in Feb), entry into our gift card & prize raffles, and you will receive a $10 gift card from one of our LFS sponsors. You get your membership fee back and more each year. If you are interested in joining, you can pay at a meeting or via PayPal(address is BOD@tampabayreefclub.org). Please be sure that you put your email address in the comments for PP so that I can send you your membership card in the next week. You will need to present this card via your electronic device or in person at the frag events which offer discounted admission.

Unread 01/14/2017, 04:59 PM   #7
Chriss614
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Postal View Post
Our FB page is the most up to date..website is under construction. Take a look on FB and let me if you have any questions that are not answered there.
Is there a meeting schedule available? I would like to know when meetings are before I buy a membership so I know if I will be able to attend.

Chriss614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/14/2017, 10:07 PM   #8
Postal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriss614 View Post
Is there a meeting schedule available? I would like to know when meetings are before I buy a membership so I know if I will be able to attend.
There is not a full schedule available since we don't always know who is hosting a meeting that for in advance. Meetings are almost always on the 2nd Saturday of the month but are sometimes moved due to holidays are conflicts with other events. February's meeting is on the 11th, and March's is on the 11th as well.

Postal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/14/2017, 10:59 PM   #9
Chriss614
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal View Post
There is not a full schedule available since we don't always know who is hosting a meeting that for in advance. Meetings are almost always on the 2nd Saturday of the month but are sometimes moved due to holidays are conflicts with other events. February's meeting is on the 11th, and March's is on the 11th as well.
Thankyou.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Unread 01/19/2017, 07:25 PM   #10
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

Feb & March meetings are the 11th of each month. Those are booked already.

Unread 02/13/2017, 02:05 PM   #11
ClownMan727
Registered Member

Hey, did you get my membership payment?

Current Tank Info: 125gallon, 3 T247 led's and 2 80w T5's. 2 MP 40's,2 MP 10's. and a 40 breeder, ATI 4 bulb 39w light with 2 blue led strips. 1 MP 10. All plumbed to 40 gallon homemade acrylic sump. with APEX controller.
ClownMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2017, 03:46 PM   #12
Chriss614
Registered Member

I sent payment a few days ago and have not received my membership card or a confirmation email.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Unread 02/15/2017, 08:06 PM   #13
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

If you will message me your names, I will look at our PayPal Acct and confirm. I do membership cards on the weekends when I am off and have some extra time. I have several to send out this weekend.

Unread 01/02/2018, 08:56 PM   #14
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

Full meeting schedule is available here & on FB now, 2018 is open for new members. The FL frag swap is coming up in Feb and that is the first time that you can use your TBRC membership to get a discounted admission of $5 to the event. I will post a separate there here with that information after our Jan. meeting.

Unread 05/16/2018, 11:11 AM   #15
dvybiral
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Postal View Post
Full meeting schedule is available here & on FB now, 2018 is open for new members. The FL frag swap is coming up in Feb and that is the first time that you can use your TBRC membership to get a discounted admission of $5 to the event. I will post a separate there here with that information after our Jan. meeting.
Hello, I just joined the club via BOD@tampabayreefclub.org. will you please send me info on meetings and events for the club. at dougvybiral@ymail.com
Thanks
Doug Vybiral
5/16/18

dvybiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2018, 09:59 AM   #16
Mrs Postal
Registered Member

Doug-check your email for your membership card. It will go to the email that you used with Paypal. Events are posted here as well. Next one is in July at Ft. DeSoto on the 14th. Every other month we have a meeting or event so after that it's going to be Sept, Nov at Brian Green's for his annual multi club event and then our Xmas party in Dec. All the 2nd Saturday of each month.

Unread 09/10/2019, 08:37 AM   #17
fostee
Registered Member

Hi I would like to join TBRC. I sent an email to the bod@... address. I'm not on Facebook, is there an easier way to see what meetups are coming up?

Thank you

fostee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2019, 07:46 PM   #18
greenskull
Registered Member

Greetings - I sent paypal payment for a family membership a few weeks ago and have not heard back.
Also not on facebook, so +1 on the question posted in post above.
Best regards

greenskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2019, 05:58 PM   #19
greenskull
Registered Member

Ah, nevermind..... I'm asking Paypal for a refund. Between having to use Facebook to see what's going and not getting a reply after sending payment, I don't think I want to join at this time.
Thank you

greenskull is offline   Reply With Quote