Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/26/2010, 03:45 PM   #1
musicalrebellion
Registered Member

Smile 20 gal. tank setup advice

i am looking for a twenty gallon [75ish liter] tank under $100 (tank cost only). i also need help with skimmers and or filters that are also under $100.
it can be as tall as needed but, i only have about 2.5 feet in width and length.
Any help is appreciated!

Current Tank Info: 20 Gallon Nano- Koralia two (with Koralia Nano propeller), Koralia one (JBJ Pulse Wave Maker), Eshopps PSK-75, 6 T5's, and a Bak-Pak converted into a refugium (in progress... looking for the light [pm me if you know of a good and inexpensive one])
musicalrebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2010, 03:51 PM   #2
westohooligan
Registered Member

A standard 20H should do the trick. You can probably find on on craigslist for cheap. Are you planning on using a sump, or is everything going to be HOB (hang on back)?

westohooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2010, 03:57 PM   #3
musicalrebellion
Registered Member

i didn't know which one to do but i've been thinking that HOB is the way to go.

i also wanted leather coral and was wondering what strength i need the lights to be?

Current Tank Info: 20 Gallon Nano- Koralia two (with Koralia Nano propeller), Koralia one (JBJ Pulse Wave Maker), Eshopps PSK-75, 6 T5's, and a Bak-Pak converted into a refugium (in progress... looking for the light [pm me if you know of a good and inexpensive one])
Unread 04/26/2010, 03:59 PM   #4
westohooligan
Registered Member

When I had my HOB skimmer, I had the Aqua C Remora. Can't go wrong with that one! For a filter, I would go with the Aqua Clear 110 modded in a fuge! I should be down your neck of the woods at the beginning of May. Going to see a show!

westohooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2010, 04:05 PM   #5
musicalrebellion
Registered Member

thx for the help the C Remora sounds great. this was exactly the advice i needed.

Unread 04/26/2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Gold Stripe
Registered Member

If all you want to keep is softies (shrooms, Leathers, Zoas) then a Power Compact light should be plenty. You can find them pretty cheap.

Tags
20 gallon, 20 gallon filters, 20 gallon skimmers, 20 gallon tank