Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/08/2012, 09:07 PM   #1
GatorPharmD
Registered Member

Power outage during firmware update

The worst that could happen during a firmware update happened to me a few minutes ago. I should have never done a firmware update on a stormy night in south FL.

I found some instructions using a jumper to reset the P3 and install the firmware. I do not feel comfortable doing this.

I would appreciate if anyone in south FL could help with this if they have experience resetting the P3. Otherwise, I would have to ask Michael for instructions to service the unit.

Many thanks in advance.

Current Tank Info: Elos MIDI - automated control by Profilux 3
GatorPharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2012, 09:24 PM   #2
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

I would use the FR flash tool from the GHL website and go to the Profiluxsupport forum for a how-to video on using the flasher tool.

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2012, 09:43 PM   #3
luisagos
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about this, hence why i have a UPS on my Profilux.
Read this.
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...-update-failed

If the update with ProfiLuxControl failed it is possible to update with another tool

1. download http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...oad.php?did=48
2. save it somewhere you will find it, no installation required
3. start "flash.exe"
4. select "MB91F467D" as controller, 4MHz, navigate to the firmware file (click "open")
5. check the interface (under "set environment")
6. disconnect ProfiLux 3 from power (it is not necessary to open the enclosure and to set a jumper like it was ProfiLux II!)
7. now click "full operation" - ProfiLux still has no power!
8. plug in the DC-connector - ProfiLux has now power again and the download should start

Hint: If the update with ProfiLuxControl failed then there is maybe something wrong with your connection from PC to ProfiLux 3. Please ensure that your connection is stable and reliable before attempting to update with ProfiLuxControl or this tool, e.g. check the USB driver and update it if possible.

luisagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2012, 10:40 PM   #4
GatorPharmD
Registered Member

luisagos, thank you for the information. I could not do the reset via USB, steps 7 and 8 did not work. I think the USB connection via the VMWare fusion is not stable enough to allow this. I do not have a PC, I need to find one to do the reset using the RS232 cable.

Unread 05/09/2012, 07:19 AM   #5
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

I have replied on the support forum

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Current Tank Info: Floating about on the water enjoying semi retirement!!
AQD_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2012, 08:08 AM   #6
this is me
Registered Member

Tony,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Profilux. Good luck with resetting your controller. I haven't yet dealt with this kind scenario so I cannot offer you any help.

When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $4.95 per minute.

Current Tank Info: Miracle 360 gallons
this is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2012, 11:36 AM   #7
GatorPharmD
Registered Member

I am up and running.

Many thanks to Michael and everyone who provided guidance here. When I first read the instructions last night I was very concerned about being able to reset the P3 - I did not sleep well last night. I followed the links posted here and watched Michael's video. I started working very early so I could go out during lunch to purchased the RS232 to USB cable and a laptop that I will dedicate mostly to the aquarium. The reset was seamless just as Michael showed in the video.

The support from fellow aquarists and Michael has been, as always, impeccable and could not have been any faster.

Thank you all.

Unread 05/09/2012, 01:14 PM   #8
BigAl2007
Registered Member

That's GREAT news Tony!! I'm glad to hear it's all up and running now. WAY TO GO!!

BigAl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote