Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/06/2017, 08:48 PM   #1
biecacka
Registered Member

DOS AWC changing program question

Hey everyone!

Question for everyone, I am installing my DOS to do auto water changes, about 2 gallons a day. But I have some programming questions to see if my desired set up can work. So here are a few things about my set up.
1)I live in a 1 level apartment.
2) due to #1, ideally my set up will only use 1 water vat @50 gallons
3) it has a float valve on the upper wall to shut off RODI unit, but does NOT have one at the bottom. Don't really want to put one there and no breakout box either

I think that's all the technical stuff. So this is how I would like it to run: either Monday thru Friday OR days 1-28 of each month then last few days or weekends is when I would refill and mix my saltwater.

Does my explanation make sense? Is there an easier way to program this? Can the apex run off a calendar, like November has 30 days and December has 31. Can it run a program to account for the variation in days to start and stop? Or is there an easier way to program it with 1 container?

Thank you,

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 06:39 PM   #2
Mark Bianco
In Memoriam

Its been a couple of years since I had my Apex but to my knowledge Apex does not have the ability to have any position registers.. So Monthly is out of the question. That being said there is a DOW command (Days of the week) it will only run certain events on whatever days you want to run them

Something like this line added to the program.

IF DOW M,T,W,TH,F Then ON This command would only let the event to run Monday - Friday Or IF DOW S, Su, Then OFF Same thing just stated differently.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for

HTH
Mark

Mark Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2017, 11:18 AM   #3
biecacka
Registered Member

Mark, thank you.

I actually made it far simpler, I just programmed it to run then when the vat is empty, I'll slide the DOS to off and fill it a few days then resume it's use.
For now that works for me!

Corey

Unread 11/12/2017, 06:06 PM   #4
Mark Bianco
In Memoriam

Glad you have it working. But I am confused how do you or should I say the apex knows when the vat is empty without a switch of some kind on the bottom of the vat?

Mark Bianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2017, 08:16 PM   #5
vanburen
Registered Member

There is a thread about adding optical sensors to the dos. It is a hack, but works. You need a special cable w the right plug and the sensor and need to wire it correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vanburen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 06:15 PM   #6
biecacka
Registered Member

Mark,
I just peer in the vat and look. It is roughly 22 days worth but am keeping an eye on it. It's really simple, although maybe not the best idea. It works for me for now.

Corey

Last edited by biecacka; 11/22/2017 at 01:49 PM.