Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/05/2018, 12:14 PM   #1
der_wille_zur_macht
Team RC Member

24g (18") cube complete system FS

Southeast of Syracuse about half an hour.

Build is here with details and some photos from when I set it up last year. All equipment was new then so at most it's all a year old (return pump is only about two months old):

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2636491

I'll post current photos shortly.

I'm moving in a month and won't be able to easily move this system due to timing on the closing of the house - I really just need to take it down and get rid of it now versus deal with it on the day I'm moving. Plus I'm planning a larger system in the new house anyways.

What you get:

1) Custom plywood stand, painted white - no trim or exposed hardware, just wanted it to look clean and simple.
2) 24g rimless cube display tank - basically an 18" cube, low iron glass, made by Aquamaxx, with DIY internal overflow box and Herbie-style drain system on 1" bulkheads
3) 10g sump, all plumbing for return line and drains included. Return line has a T fitting to add reactors
4) SCA-301 skimmer
5) Kessil A160we LED pendant with Kessil controller
6) 100w Jager heater
7) Return pump (it's not the one in the build post, I replaced it about 2 months ago - broke the impeller while I was cleaning it. I don't remember the brand of the new one but it's about the same flow as the Quiet One it replaced).
8) Jebao PP4 controllable prop pump
9) BRS carbon and biopellet reactors, if you want them (not currently in use)

Basically everything you need except an ATO and kalk or some other method of dosing calcium/alkalinity. Lighting and flow are more than enough for SPS. It's been neglected for the last two or three months (focused on prepping and selling the house) but it's a great functioning system.

No livestock included. I'm transferring the livestock to temporary homes shortly, tank will be taken down, cleaned, and buyer can come pick it up.

$400 firm for everything listed above.

"It is my personal belief that reef aquaria should be thriving communities of biodiversity, representative of their wild counterparts, and not merely collections of pretty specimens growing on tidy clean rock shelves covered in purple coralline algae." (Eric Borneman)
der_wille_zur_macht is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2018, 08:11 AM   #2
der_wille_zur_macht
Team RC Member

Price too high? No one wants a nano?

"It is my personal belief that reef aquaria should be thriving communities of biodiversity, representative of their wild counterparts, and not merely collections of pretty specimens growing on tidy clean rock shelves covered in purple coralline algae." (Eric Borneman)
Unread 06/02/2018, 04:50 PM   #3
CuseReefer84
Registered Member

I'd definitely take it, I'm looking for something I can use for a Frag tank. I'd need like 2 weeks though.

CuseReefer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/03/2018, 04:36 PM   #4
der_wille_zur_macht
Team RC Member

That's fine. I took it down today, it's in storage at a relative's house.

Unread 07/02/2018, 06:18 AM   #5
der_wille_zur_macht
Team RC Member

Still available. I'm going to keep the light and it's controller. I'll sell the rest - tank, stand, sump, skimmer, heater, prop pump - for $100.

Unread 07/03/2018, 12:23 PM   #6
der_wille_zur_macht
Team RC Member

Sold!