Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/01/2011, 06:15 PM   #1
natsak1
Registered Member

Nano Wavebox

I just purchased a nano wavebox from the trading/sales forum. It worked for about ten minutes, then it just stopped. I tried cleaning the pump to see if that was the problem, but this didn't do anything. Not sure if it's the controller or the pump. The controller looks like it is working. The lights are blinking from green to red, and the red light to the pump is showing that it's on. Any suggestions on what can be done would be appreciated.

natsak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2011, 05:50 AM   #2
natsak1
Registered Member

Update: Plugged it back in this morning, and it worked again for about 5 minutes. I did notice that it skips a cycle every now and then before it stopped completely. Wondering if I need a new controller or a new pump. As it is the only Tunze product that I own, is there another way to test the pump without the controller?

Last edited by natsak1; 04/02/2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: situation changed
Unread 04/02/2011, 08:19 AM   #3
natsak1
Registered Member

After doing more research, I lowered the voltage to 22V and appears to be working now.

Unread 04/04/2011, 09:06 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

This would indicate to me that the propeller assembly is partially jammed, it works on a lower voltage because the wattage is dropped and this avoids overheating the power supply. The pump will work with no controller. My guess is though that there is some calcium or dried salt on the titanium alloy shaft that the prop assembly spins on, this increase friction increases the wattage to a safety shut off point. I would clean the pump.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2011, 08:54 AM   #5
natsak1
Registered Member

Thanks Roger. It is working pretty well now. I think the calcium deposit was my main problem. I gave it a good soak and scrub to get rid of any deposit. I tried plugging it into the slave cable, but it didn't work at all. Also the photo sensor doesn't seem to be working. Do you think this is a controller issue? If so, would the 7092 controller be the solution? Thanks for your help.

Unread 04/05/2011, 09:38 AM   #6
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It is hard to say, does the pump work on the master cable or another 7091, 7095 or 7096 controller you may have?

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 04/05/2011, 04:24 PM   #7
natsak1
Registered Member

Unfortunately, this is my only Tunze product, so I don't have another controller to test it on. I may get another full size wavebox after I move, so I'll sort this all out later. For now, I am happy with what I have. Thanks for your help.

Unread 04/06/2011, 09:11 AM   #8
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Does it work though with the master cable? If so I suspect the slave cable just has a bad connection, this can be replaced. The photocell may not be completely plugged in, sometimes the hole in the housing doesn't line up well with the port, it is a mm or so off and this makes it hard to insert the photocell plug.