Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/18/2014, 12:42 AM   #1
ReeferKimberly
Marley & Me

What is the most red/pink T5?

I just set up a kessil 350W LED on my 65 which looks great. It is for supplementation. I have a 4 bulb T5 system that I have been using before today. I currently have too much blue and am looking for the specific kind of T5 I have had in the past that looks pink to the naked eye. Not really purple, but pink. I can't remember what it is called. I need more red spectrum for some colors I am missing with just the kessil and t5 bulbs I currently have (3 actinic blues, 1 white)

Ring any bells? Brand does not matter but in the past I believe I had some kind of pink giesemann.

ReeferKimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2014, 01:38 AM   #2
coit
Registered Member

There's the new (?) Giesemann Powerchrome Aqua Pinks, might be what you're thinking of?

Regarding supplementing kessils and amounts of pink - here's my tank with 6 A150Ws and 2x 54w Fiji Purples (excuse the amount of crud flying around, this was just after cleaning all the pipes/pumps and I no longer have them mounted)

6xA150W 10k Sky Blue only

2x54W KZ Fiji Purple only

6xA150W 10k Sky Blue + 2x54W KZ Fiji Purple

With the Kessils pretty much owning blue/white their main contribution was just loads of pink and it got old pretty fast. At the moment I'm running it with 2x54W KZ Superblues and I plan to run it with 2x Superblue, 1x New Gen and 1x Fiji Purple once I have my lighting frame finalised.

coit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2014, 01:42 AM   #3
coit
Registered Member

Oh forgot to mention, if you want red/pink only, there's the ATI Pro Colours. You can see some pics here -

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=11

Unread 04/18/2014, 01:59 AM   #4
ReeferKimberly
Marley & Me

I really like the look of that pro color, I think it is exactly what I need. I have sooo much blue now.

But I read they were discontinued? Can anyone confirm this or if not, let me know what I can buy a 36 inch one? I can't find any Or something similar?

Thank you for your help!!!

Unread 04/18/2014, 04:07 AM   #5
4bruceinc
Registered Member

The ATI bulb that covers the red/pink spectrum is Purple Plus.

4bruceinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2014, 04:09 AM   #6
4bruceinc
Registered Member

Sorry - I should have said that covers those spectrums best. And I don't believe the pro color bulb is manufactured anymore.

4bruceinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2014, 10:13 AM   #7
michaellee64
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bruceinc View Post
The ATI bulb that covers the red/pink spectrum is Purple Plus.
+1 The Purple Plus is the one you want. Awesome Bulb!

Unread 04/18/2014, 09:33 PM   #8
jedimasterben
LED world domination!

The ATI Pro Color was discontinued. It was almost all red, and looked really weird over tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijiblue View Post
procolor

The ATI Purple Plus and KZ Fiji Purple are almost identical, both are made by Sylvania and both have almost the exact same spectral signature - the difference between the two being the KZ bulb has less blue (in the 450-470nm range) and more green (~545nm) than the ATI bulb. The eye can't really tell the difference in that, and coral colors will be basically the same under both, so use whichever you can get for the better price.

jedimasterben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2014, 03:25 AM   #9
ReeferKimberly
Marley & Me

Thank you guys very much, I will pick up one of whichever of those two I can find. Too bad about the pro color, I actually kinda like how that tank looks.....especially because it was only going to be the one bulb to supplement. Oh well, I am sure I can find one of the other two to suit my taste

Unread 04/19/2014, 04:07 AM   #10
coit
Registered Member

Looking around the Aqua Pink seems to be pretty much the same again as the Fiji Purple and Purple Plus -

http://glassbox-design.com/2010/aqua...t5-ati-purple/