Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/18/2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Toddah
Registered Member

Location: Southern Wisconsin (Brrrrrrr) Sometimes we see temps above 0 for weeks on end.
Reassigning Web interface to port other than 80?

Ok so Charter finally got around to blocking many well known ports on my residential cable connection.
Has anyone used alternative ports for the Web interface on the AC3 to be able to access their web interface from outside sources?
I have run into an issue with port redirection on my Netgear WAP. when I try to redirect an outside port like 5099 to port 80 on the inside it tells me the outside port number cannot be larger than the inside port number.

I am just wondering how many have resolved this problem by assigning something like 5099 to the AC3 web port and then porting the 5099 direct from ouside to the AC3?

Or are there other solutions to this port blocking issue?

Toddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2009, 12:15 PM   #2
ah30k
Moved On

Re: Reassigning Web interface to port other than 80?

Quote:
Originally posted by Toddah
... it tells me the outside port number cannot be larger than the inside port number.
This is extremely strange. I use my broadband router to port forward external 1080 connections to 80 internally.

ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2009, 12:18 PM   #3
kenargo
Premium Member

I agree; I use (internally) port 80 and externally ports above 9000; maybe this is a bug in the Netgear router, maybe there is a firmware upgrade that will fix it.

Click on my name to visit my homepage and access a collection of AquaController and Apex software, tips, trick and other Q&A including a link to the 'unofficial Apex new users guide' with loads of helpful information and don't forget to put a pin in my location map.

Current Tank Info: 225G, BK 300 Deluxe, Deltec PF601, Precision Marine Kalkreactor, 2-LMIII+6 pumps, SpectraPure UHE, Apex, LunarSim, Tunze 6305s. Mixed reef, clam, fish, etc.
kenargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Toddah
Registered Member

Location: Southern Wisconsin (Brrrrrrr) Sometimes we see temps above 0 for weeks on end.
I agree I do Cisco for a living and I cannot figure out why that restriction would exist. I do have a couple of linksys WAPS hanging around. I did try an upgrade of the Netgear firmware but did no good.
Thanks for the advice!

Toddah is offline   Reply With Quote