Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Bill Chamberlain
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/05/2010, 11:35 AM   #1
Marshal Law
Registered Member

Need a little help, please

My fish are demonstrating the characteristics of Ick/velvet/pop-eye/cloudy eye. However, I don't think I could make a confirmed diagnosis that would fit all the signs of these proceses, because I can rule disease out according to the individual that is demonstrating the appropriate signs. For example, none of the the fish in the tank, it seems, has the tell tale sign of Ick, yet the Wrasse, the the trigger, and the Chromis all glance or flash, and not only off of tank decor but also off of other fish. I have also ruled out Ick due to the fact that, and I might be incorrect, the Angle is particularly susceptible and he looks sign and symptom free. The Tangs all demonstrate cloudy eye, but I have never seen them flash or glance. The Trigger, and the Angel both demonstrate pop-eye, but only the Trigger glances off of objects.None of the fish mentioned above are producing an excess amount of slime, and in fact, the Chromis and the Wrasse have clear eyes, but flash frequently. Individuals that seem unaffected at all are the Gobie, the Eel, and a Percola Clown fish. Could this be a bacteria of some sort?

Marshal Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2010, 08:57 PM   #2
billsreef
10 & Over Club

It's quite possible to have more than one thing going on. Got a couple of questions to ask to help figure things out. How recently have you added any live stock? What are the water quality parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and salinity? Do you do any kind of quarantine protocol and/or treatment regimen before adding fish to the display tank?

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)

Current Tank Info: Far too many tanks according to my wife, LOL.
billsreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2010, 06:32 AM   #3
niraj662
Registered Member

hi anyone getting problem with current use T5 tubes?

niraj662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2010, 08:06 AM   #4
billsreef
10 & Over Club

Haven't heard of any particular problems with any T-5's, but it might be worth asking in the lighting and equipment forum.

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)

Current Tank Info: Far too many tanks according to my wife, LOL.
billsreef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloudy eye, disease, ick, pop-eye, velvet