Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/11/2006, 11:00 AM   #1
sneeyatch
Registered Member

ich survivors and re-stocking question

i dealt with a long battle with ich and lost my 2 clowns, mandarin and a powder blue tang. the survivors are a lawnmower blenny, a small green chromis and a six-line wrasse.

i know the waiting period for a fallow tank, but what about a "survivor" tank? same time period? a little longer?

thanks

It's often the saddest of us working our hardest to make everyone laugh

Current Tank Info: Tankless
sneeyatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2006, 06:06 PM   #2
cristhiam
Registered Member

I lost all my fish but one due to ich, I had one survivor (damsel), I waited 5 to 6 weeks and introduce new fish and I got ich again, now I'm using a QT and doing hypo so far 4 weeks into it and no signs of ich. my main tank is 5 weeks without any fish. I think you might want to QT and treat all your fish and wait the 4 - 6 weeks without fish in your main tank.

Current Tank Info: 125 AGA, 3 40W 6500K, 3 110W URI Actinics, running on 2 IceCaps 660, CSS125
cristhiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2006, 09:13 AM   #3
kevin2000
Registered Member

Not sure I understand your question ? Normally the "fallow tank" is the show tank that is left without fish. Not sure what the "survivor tank" is. If the survivor tank is the QT tank then then hopefully your treating with either copper or hyposalinity which kills off the ich within that tank. While the treatment period for either copper or hypo may be shorter than the 5-6 week "fallow period" you still need to keep the fish in the QT until your ST has cured itself.

kevin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote