Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/08/2017, 04:43 PM   #1
wesessiah
Registered Member

R&J enterprises fusion 50 gallon

I haven't found any reviews anywhere, and haven't turned up that much about the company. A store near me has the 50 gallon acrylic setup with a birch stand for $485 on clearance. Retail is supposed to be $789. Are their acrylic tanks good quality? Their stands?

It's just a simple setup I'll put in it; pair of clowns, a purple firefish, yellow watchman, standard inverts, 80ish lbs of live rock. My 55 gallon glass tank is getting some age on it at about 10 years old, which is why I'm considering getting this one and transferring.

Thanks for any input.

wesessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Schnizzle
Registered Member

I don't have anything to add to help you but I am equally curious. I can't find ANY reviews online which typically makes me nervous.

Schnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/22/2017, 08:55 PM   #3
wesessiah
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnizzle View Post
I don't have anything to add to help you but I am equally curious. I can't find ANY reviews online which typically makes me nervous.
I bought the setup, and I'll post a review after I've had it going for a while. The tank itself seems to have excellent craftsmanship... We'll see about longevity. The stand seems a little light. Birch is a middle of the pack hardwood, but, as an amateur arborist//lumberjack, it feels light for hardwood. Craftsmanship on the stand seems good, but I'm still skeptical.

wesessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2017, 12:58 PM   #4
chase01
Registered Member

I'm eager to hear more about your experience. Considering this set-up myself but a little hesitant to pull the trigger. In particular, I haven't found any dimensions for the back compartments so I can determine/plan filtration and skimmer size.

chase01 is offline   Reply With Quote