Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/15/2017, 05:27 PM   #801
slavetonet
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
So who's in Ca and wants to met a crazy redhead in the new year? haha
I'll be over in San Diego visiting family in the new year and would happily have a beer with anyone in the area!
That bit scared me away when you say it like that.

Otherwise Canada is pretty chilled place. Enjoy your trip your crazy redbeard man.

slavetonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2017, 04:24 PM   #802
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Me!!

Wait.. I’m on the eastern (ish) coast of Canada.. hm
Loooooove San Diego.
haha I'm really looking forward to it! Mummy dearest got a job over there so we're staying with her! Not going to complain about free accom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
San Diego is great! Have fun over here.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I'm hoping to visit a couple of stores while I'm over there too, I know AquaSD
is in the area but no idea who else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker1663 View Post
Dom, you are always overseas! Hope I don't see you on the news for smuggling contraban back into Aus :P
It's okay, I won't be using Pringle's cans so I'll be safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetonet View Post
That bit scared me away when you say it like that.

Otherwise Canada is pretty chilled place. Enjoy your trip your crazy redbeard man.
haha I just want people to know what they might be getting themselves into

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/18/2017, 09:55 PM   #803
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
haha I'm really looking forward to it! Mummy dearest got a job over there so we're staying with her! Not going to complain about free accom!

I'm hoping to visit a couple of stores while I'm over there too, I know AquaSD
is in the area but no idea who else!

It's okay, I won't be using Pringle's cans so I'll be safe

haha I just want people to know what they might be getting themselves into
If you have a layover in Saint Louis by any chance hit me up as that's where I work. I think muchessy sp? Is free that area he could give you some spots to see.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2017, 05:59 PM   #804
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

So after months and months of umming and ahhing over actually biting the bullet and getting myself a blue LED strip for the tank I finally bite that bullet! SB Reef Lights were having a sale so I got myself a 3ft actinic strip for the tank and I'm looking forward to that nice little bit of pop it'll add to the tank!

Quote:
If you have a layover in Saint Louis by any chance hit me up as that's where I work. I think muchessy sp? Is free that area he could give you some spots to see.
Deal

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Unread 10/20/2017, 08:44 AM   #805
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Was it a Thursday night deal at Dear Park?

Marty

Quote:
So after months and months of umming and ahhing over actually biting the bullet and getting myself a blue LED strip for the tank I finally bite that bullet! SB Reef Lights were having a sale so I got myself a 3ft actinic strip for the tank and I'm looking forward to that nice little bit of pop it'll add to the tank!

Deal

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2017, 09:25 PM   #806
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
Was it a Thursday night deal at Dear Park?

Marty
I wish lol SB Reef Lights were having a sale

Speaking of sales, I accidentally bought a pair of MP40WQD's too.... whoops

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 10/22/2017, 11:34 PM   #807
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:

Speaking of sales, I accidentally bought a pair of MP40WQD's too.... whoops
They're so nice aren't they!

I just got a message for a super male flame wrasse that needed rehomed because they broke down the tank!

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Unread 10/23/2017, 03:05 PM   #808
Cheapreef
Registered Member

Quote:

Deal
Really look forward to your review on these, doesn't seem to be much info out there on the Sbar actinic.

Cheapreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/23/2017, 04:39 PM   #809
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
They're so nice aren't they!

I just got a message for a super male flame wrasse that needed rehomed because they broke down the tank!

I'm a little excited! To date I've never been 100% happy with my flow so I'm hoping that one on each side will blow me away! lol

DOOOO IIIITTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapreef View Post
Really look forward to your review on these, doesn't seem to be much info out there on the Sbar actinic.
I know what you mean! I've seen a few people around using them and they seem happy with them but no one has really done much in the way or a review so I'll happily oblige

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/01/2017, 01:56 AM   #810
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Some big changes coming soon! No it's not a new tank but some changes on the shallows

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/02/2017, 11:37 AM   #811
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Does Thursday night have anything to do with it?

Marty

Quote:
Some big changes coming soon! No it's not a new tank but some changes on the shallows

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/2017, 04:18 PM   #812
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
Does Thursday night have anything to do with it?

Marty
Not for another 10wks

I suppose I'll be a little less ambiguous haha I found them again, the one thing none of us want to find in our displays. The aefw are back, I suppose I must have missed some last time around so my plan is to toss everything and run the tank completely acro free till I'm back in mid-Jan. I'm going to use this time to try and get a couple of water changes a week done, a bit of a rescape and to focus on just getting the tank as perfect as possible before we start all over again I'm also going to add a few pieces of high quality live rock to add some more diversity to the tank as well.

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/03/2017, 04:45 AM   #813
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Not for another 10wks

I suppose I'll be a little less ambiguous haha I found them again, the one thing none of us want to find in our displays. The aefw are back, I suppose I must have missed some last time around so my plan is to toss everything and run the tank completely acro free till I'm back in mid-Jan. I'm going to use this time to try and get a couple of water changes a week done, a bit of a rescape and to focus on just getting the tank as perfect as possible before we start all over again I'm also going to add a few pieces of high quality live rock to add some more diversity to the tank as well.

Sorry to hear that. I've been through them several times. It's changed the way I dip everything.

Unread 11/07/2017, 01:14 AM   #814
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Well it was a sad day on the shallows today! After a bit of a kick in the bum from Dave I got in there are tore all the acro's out and puttied over any encrusted areas.
The ultimate insult!

And I went on a rescape rampage too I picked up 2.5kg in small pieces of live rock and a few (3.5kg) nice real reef rock bridging type pieces as well (which are soaking in RO at the moment), I also picked up a Triton ICP test to see whats going on! lol I think I'm going to do three over the next few months to make sure the tank is super acro ready come mid Jan

I have no real idea or inspiration for the scape so suggestions are welcome but this is pre-phase 1 with new live rock added to the tank

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/07/2017, 01:18 AM   #815
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

On a more positive note, I absolutely am in love with the sBar actinic LED strip so much so I'm going to get a second one to even out the light haha

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/07/2017, 12:53 PM   #816
glaukos
Registered Member

So sorry to hear about all the troubles mate but i'm sure you have the patience and knowledge to deal with them
It will be over before you know it!
As for the scape,tbh i like it The only thing i would change,if i should,is that maybe i would give a bit more hight to the right side where the OT is.

Unread 11/07/2017, 03:31 PM   #817
sparker1663
Registered Member

Dude, just dude

sparker1663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 03:33 PM   #818
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaukos View Post
So sorry to hear about all the troubles mate but i'm sure you have the patience and knowledge to deal with them
It will be over before you know it!
As for the scape,tbh i like it The only thing i would change,if i should,is that maybe i would give a bit more hight to the right side where the OT is.
Such is the world of reefing but it's a nice fresh start without losing any progress The tank was A.L.I.V.E last night though haha the stars, worms and snails were in heaven with all the stuff stirred up and the new area's of rock to play with! lol

I'm definitely going to add another 1/3 of height to one side, I was thinking of building up the left side to the high point as it's more under the light and the acro's in that area would be a little more in your face so to speak and then have the right side for smooth skin heaven haha

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/07/2017, 03:34 PM   #819
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Dude, just dude
Yeah

I do so knowing that people have frags of the pieces I truly love so I'm sure I'll be doing some scabbing come January

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/08/2017, 05:20 AM   #820
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 11/08/2017, 04:17 PM   #821
sparker1663
Registered Member

what's the crazy red/yellow chalice type thing to the left of your Goni

sparker1663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2017, 01:48 PM   #822
reefmutt
Registered Member

Dom.. sorry to see those corals go like that..
Can you open up the rocks a bit? In pics, the scape comes across as very homogeneous and dense.. it seems to need a little red headed drama.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2017, 06:48 PM   #823
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

Hey what about more negative space and some bridges and stuff for your scape??

Current Tank Info: 180 Gallon, 3 G4 Radions
Mike de Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/10/2017, 04:54 AM   #824
Alex Costa
Registered Member

Sorry to read all that Dom...
It's reealy a bummer.
But also is an opportunity to a fresh start.

Quote:
Can you open up the rocks a bit? In pics, the scape comes across as very homogeneous and dense..

Agreed...

Besides that, I think that some "elevation" could be interesting.
I'm also a big fan os caves......put some putty in action and do a LEGO job on the rocks....
Something like this:

Alex

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 10:28 PM   #825
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
what's the crazy red/yellow chalice type thing to the left of your Goni
If it's the piece I think you're talking about, it's a recovery scoly lol

Quote:
Dom.. sorry to see those corals go like that..
Can you open up the rocks a bit? In pics, the scape comes across as very homogeneous and dense.. it seems to need a little red headed drama.
Yeah it's a little disheartening but I'll be back!! Hopefully with nothing but perfectly good luck haha

The rocks are definitely a big ol' pile of them lol but it does have a kind of nice aesthetic to it lol it definitely still needs some more work though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike de Leon View Post
Hey what about more negative space and some bridges and stuff for your scape??
The tricky part is working them out haha I'm away for a week so we'll see what some fresh eyes do lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
Sorry to read all that Dom...
It's reealy a bummer.
But also is an opportunity to a fresh start.

Agreed...

Besides that, I think that some "elevation" could be interesting.
I'm also a big fan os caves......put some putty in action and do a LEGO job on the rocks....
Something like this:

Alex
Thanks Alex I appreciate the kind words mate!

Yeah, I'm still not 100% on the scape, it needs some work and finesse! haha
The tank is only 18" tall so the scape is going to be reasonably low regardless of what I get up to lol

Courtesy of Nils: