Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2017, 09:44 PM   #1
teenreefer1
Registered Member

Mid sized reef build

Hello, This is my first time on the website
I am going to build 75 gallon reef. I am going to build a stand and canopy because I want to have my overflow on the side of the tank and i am going to hide the pipes, I am aiming for something like this.
I will be getting brs reefsaver dry rock because I want to avoid pest at all cost. With that being said, what kind of sand should I get(again, pest-free) There will be a melanurus wrasse and gobies so it should not be rough but not to fine that it will create a dust storm.
I am going to use a 40 breeder as a Sump if I have enough money, if not I'll being using my 29 gallon(there is sand, rock and 1 clownfish)
What kind of fish should I get? Has to be reef friendly
I know I want a clownfish pair, and a yellow tang, I would like a blue tang but they get a 1' long. Is it possible for them to live in a 75? 48x18x21? I don't see why not, and I want the blue tang permanently, not for a year then returning it... If I it is a absolute sin to put a blue in a 75g, then what should I put in as a large, beautiful centerpiece fish that is reef friendly?
And Finally since i am going to get soft corals because I like their movement. What kind of led lights should I get, like my cheapest option, even if I have to DIY it. Thanks for the input, I will get the tanks when the next dollar per gallon sale happens. I just want feedback from you so I can start my plans. Keep in mind that I am just some 10 year old squeaker who is broke(not really but still low on cash, and trying to use Christmas to my advantage)
Thanks for any input.

teenreefer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 09:47 PM   #2
teenreefer1
Registered Member

image did not show up so here is what my goal is(video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=uXLAQ7li308

I want the overflow to be on the side and the pipes to be hidden in the stand/canopy like this because I want the tank to be really close to touching the wall.

teenreefer1 is offline   Reply With Quote