Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/06/2015, 03:12 PM   #2576
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcforester1 View Post
Thanks Guys a lot of good info. You am going to uninstall it and reinstall it. The strand part it both PC have USB that work if something is connected, but only the old one makes the noise that it's connected.

When you say my retailer ATI/USA do you mean the place I bought it or is there local tech support? I just called the contact number in the ATI NA page. I didn't expect him to fix it, but it would have been nice if he had something to try to see if it was connected. When I get home I will try again.

Derek.
Derek, you have PM.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2015, 04:59 PM   #2577
hobbzz
How do I change this?

For anyone that actually owns the fixture, what is the coverage in width of just the leds?

Unread 06/07/2015, 07:26 AM   #2578
dcforester1
Registered Member

I was finally able to connect to the software. I don't know if in installing it did the trick or what did but it's working. Thanks to all that helped I truly appreciate it

Derek.

dcforester1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2015, 11:40 AM   #2579
Animadverto
Registered Member

Hello everyone, I will be changing out all 8 T5 tubes in another month or so for the first time. Is there a need to program the percentages downward to compensate for the higher output of the new T5 tubes?

Also, is there an environmentally friendly way of disposing the old bulbs or does everyone just put them in the trash to be taken to the landfill? Thanks in advance.

David

Current Tank Info: custom 93 gallon tank & 35 gallon sump, Eheim 1260, RLSS R-6 skimmer, ATI Led Powermodule 8xT5 , Maxspect XF130 & 2xMp10, 3 x BRS dosers, Tunze Osmolator, RKL Controller
Animadverto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2015, 12:16 PM   #2580
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animadverto View Post
Hello everyone, I will be changing out all 8 T5 tubes in another month or so for the first time. Is there a need to program the percentages downward to compensate for the higher output of the new T5 tubes?

Also, is there an environmentally friendly way of disposing the old bulbs or does everyone just put them in the trash to be taken to the landfill? Thanks in advance.

David
You can either drop the T5 hours or replace a couple of tubes every 3 days. So each bank of tubes are new etc. This way its not a sudden shock.

Unread 06/07/2015, 01:31 PM   #2581
Animadverto
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
You can either drop the T5 hours or replace a couple of tubes every 3 days. So each bank of tubes are new etc. This way its not a sudden shock.
Thank you, Sahin. I would also like to thank you for posting the programming tutorial on Youtube for this light fixture. It REALLY saved the day and the headaches for me when I was programming this light a little less than a year ago.

David

Current Tank Info: custom 93 gallon tank & 35 gallon sump, Eheim 1260, RLSS R-6 skimmer, ATI Led Powermodule 8xT5 , Maxspect XF130 & 2xMp10, 3 x BRS dosers, Tunze Osmolator, RKL Controller
Animadverto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/07/2015, 02:16 PM   #2582
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animadverto View Post
Thank you, Sahin. I would also like to thank you for posting the programming tutorial on Youtube for this light fixture. It REALLY saved the day and the headaches for me when I was programming this light a little less than a year ago.

David
I gained a large part of my SPS and Reefkeeping knowledge from ReefCentral. Glad to be able to give back to the forum.

Unread 06/07/2015, 08:46 PM   #2583
dcforester1
Registered Member

Quote:
I gained a large part of my SPS and Reefkeeping knowledge from ReefCentral. Glad to be able to give back to the forum.
I would also like to publicly thank you. It is because of you, and others like you that make this hobby enjoyable.

Derek

Unread 06/11/2015, 06:58 AM   #2584
nezw0001
Registered Member

Is there a way to just manually turn on my powermodule? I occasionally need to do maintenance during the morning and haven't found an easy way to do this.

Current Tank Info: 450g see thru tank, MH lighting, 180 basement sump, Apex controller, Lifereef skimmer, 30g QT tank
nezw0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2015, 08:18 AM   #2585
ssdawood
Registered Member

^^^ Easy way to do it is to change the clock on the controller.

It takes me two seconds to turn my lights on.

Unread 06/11/2015, 10:48 AM   #2586
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdawood View Post
^^^ Easy way to do it is to change the clock on the controller.

It takes me two seconds to turn my lights on.
+1

Same thing for turning it off. When I change bulbs, I change the clock to 2400 -- btw, I don't have moon light setup.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2015, 11:07 AM   #2587
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Yup, currently thats the only way to switch the light on. Just revert to a time on the clock when your lights would be on.

Unread 06/11/2015, 11:11 AM   #2588
dcforester1
Registered Member

Quote:
Yup, currently thats the only way to switch the light on. Just revert to a time on the clock when your lights would be on.
Is there an easy way to change the default programming? I cannot spend the time to program everything but just want my light to come on dimly from 6:45-7:15 in the AM so I can check things, and then just use their program, maybe have them shut down later at night?

TIA Derek

Unread 06/11/2015, 01:36 PM   #2589
MikeC120
Registered Member

HELP!
Is there a secret to changing the bulbs? I wouldn't consider myself to have fat fingers but I still can't seem to get my bulbs out it almost feels like I'm going to crush them with my fingers? Any tips or tricks?

"January 2016 Tank of the Month"

Current Tank Info: 140 BB DT ,ATI w/35 settling tank,75 gal DIY sump & 50Gal corner,20 gal sump,15gal settling tank
MikeC120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2015, 01:38 PM   #2590
mdefo25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC120 View Post
HELP!
Is there a secret to changing the bulbs? I wouldn't consider myself to have fat fingers but I still can't seem to get my bulbs out it almost feels like I'm going to crush them with my fingers? Any tips or tricks?
I have the same problem. Can anyone help us?

mdefo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2015, 02:39 PM   #2591
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Is there an easy way to change the default programming? I cannot spend the time to program everything but just want my light to come on dimly from 6:45-7:15 in the AM so I can check things, and then just use their program, maybe have them shut down later at night?

TIA Derek
You only need to program it once. ie have light come on dimly 6:45-7:15 in the AM every day, and no lights and then run a normal light cycle.

There are 10 points to program for each channel. So sure it can be done.

Quote:
HELP!
It take a bit of practice. When I first got my unit I hated changing tubes. After a while I got so used to it was easy as changing tubes for the Sunpower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdefo25 View Post
I have the same problem. Can anyone help us?
All you need to do is push you chest/body against the front of the unit (if the fixture is located high, rest the front of the unit against your chin), and then using both hands at the same time, pull the tube in question using a twist motion towards you. Use your index and long/middle finger. -MAKE sure the tubes are cold!

Unread 06/11/2015, 06:32 PM   #2592
dcforester1
Registered Member

[QUOTE=sahin;23803673]You only need to program it once. ie have light come on dimly 6:45-7:15 in the AM every day, and no lights and then run a normal light cycle.

There are 10 points to program for each channel. So sure it can be done.

Thanks for the reply. It there a way to copy each one, or do you manually have to do each channel?

Also I was wondering when programming the LEDs do I want to adjust each color? I don't think I want to get that into it. Or when I do the LEDS does it have one color and that puts on the individual lights? Also do people share the programs they have and I can just download them?

Thanks for all the help

Derek

Unread 06/11/2015, 07:11 PM   #2593
MikeC120
Registered Member

Quote:

All you need to do is push you chest/body against the front of the unit (if the fixture is located high, rest the front of the unit against your chin), and then using both hands at the same time, pull the tube in question using a twist motion towards you. Use your index and long/middle finger. -MAKE sure the tubes are cold!
Thank you that worked

Current Tank Info: 140 BB DT ,ATI w/35 settling tank,75 gal DIY sump & 50Gal corner,20 gal sump,15gal settling tank
Unread 06/12/2015, 01:31 PM   #2594
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. It there a way to copy each one, or do you manually have to do each channel?

Also I was wondering when programming the LEDs do I want to adjust each color? I don't think I want to get that into it. Or when I do the LEDS does it have one color and that puts on the individual lights? Also do people share the programs they have and I can just download them?

Thanks for all the help

Derek
You can copy and paste LED channels if you have more than 1 cluster. T5's cant do that as you will always have 2 channels regardless of whether your unit has 4 or 8 tubes.

With regards to programming, you can select presets which resemble Coral+ tubes etc...

If you need help with the programming, either use the tutorial video I made, or PM me after 22nd June with details about your unit; I will create a custom profile based on your prescribed times etc.

Quote:
Thank you that worked
No problem.

Unread 06/12/2015, 01:54 PM   #2595
stpatrick
Registered Member

Quote:
On the top right hand side of the software, there are two dots.

One says USB and one says LAMP.

When you connect the USB cable to the computer with other end connected to the controller, you should see the TWO dots change from GREY to BLUE.

Thats how you know that the fixture is connected.

You might want to take a look at my tutorial I produced more than a year ago.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: In the video linked below if you start watching you will see the two blue dots I mentioned above. I had the controller connected to my PC.

Hi Sahin,

I was noticing you are running your LEDs at 100%. Did I see that correctly?

Thank you,
Patrick

stpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2015, 02:42 PM   #2596
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpatrick View Post
Hi Sahin,

I was noticing you are running your LEDs at 100%. Did I see that correctly?

Thank you,
Patrick
That video was from nearly two years ago. I think I just used the standard ATI program when I was making the tutorial.

I typically run the Royal Blue @ 100%, Blue@60-80%, white@50%

I could never have run the white LED's at 100% as it would have bleached all my corals.

However, my buddy runs his ATI LED PM @ 100% on everything and has AMAZING colours...but feeds his tank a TON. And has like 29 fish in his tank; wrasses, anthias etc so they arent small fish either. His tank is slightly larger than mine.

Ultimately, the levels depend on the individual tank and corals. HTH.

Unread 06/13/2015, 01:26 PM   #2597
MikeC120
Registered Member

Does the dimming process shorten the life of the bulbs?

One of the reasons I bought the ATI highbred was because of its dimming and ramping up capabilities but lately I've been second-guessing this thought process?

For me and my situation my tank is not in an area where the ramping up and dimming process could be appreciated by anyone, because no one is ever home that long to view it.
I could understand if my tank was in my living room but it's not.
I might see my tank 10 times a day but it might only be for 10,15,20 minutes at a time in my fish room.

Would I be better off running the LEDs in the morning ramping up,
then turn on channel 1 for say two hours?
Then add Channel 2 for six hours ?
Then back to Chanel one for two hours and back to LED ramp down?

If I'm not around to appreciate the ramping up and down process would my bulbs benefit(ie last longer) from me just turning them on instead of ramping up and down?

Unread 06/15/2015, 07:24 AM   #2598
khngl123
Registered Member

Hi all,
Just got my fixture today and I was wondering if I received a newer generation LED cluster. Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (62.5 KB, 89 views)
khngl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2015, 07:59 AM   #2599
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by khngl123 View Post
Hi all,
Just got my fixture today and I was wondering if I received a newer generation LED cluster. Thanks
I have the same clusters. I got my unit about a month ago.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2015, 05:50 AM   #2600
bucfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khngl123 View Post
Hi all,
yes I believe these are the new ones, the older units have more LEDs per cluster