Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/24/2017, 01:24 PM   #1
necessary_evil
Registered Member

Apex + tunze + vortech simultaneous control. Possible?

Storm mode and gyre using tunze + apex?
So I have a MP10WQD and a Tunze 1073.05 (variable speed DC pump) return pump. I have an apex classic, a VDM and WXM module. I'd like to see if there is a way to "sync up"/operate in a complimentary manner the flow output between the vortech and tunze. I.e.

1. When the radion+vortech enter into storm mode can I have the Tunze also create chaotic flow? Or would i have to sort of schedule out my own storms over the week vs the random chance controlled by the ecotech live software?
2. Is there a way to have the vortech and tunze "sync up" for a gyre or pulse mode to create a wave like effect? (It's an 40 gallon IM Fusion tank so I have no illusions of a "standing wave".

TLR
I'd like my tunze return pump to work in tandem with my vortech, can I make that happen?

Thank you in advance.

necessary_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2017, 12:31 PM   #2
ktownhero
Registered Member

There is no way to make them communicate with one another. The best you can do is program them both timed the way you want, but understand it will be a fragile set up that is likely to go askew over time. There is no way that I'm aware of to randomize the Tunze -- someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I've never controlled one with an apex.

That said, if you get a WXM module for the Vortech and control it via your Apex along with the Tunze, you'll be able to do everything more reliably.

All of that said, it's unusual to use your return pump for randomized flow. Are you sure you want to do that? You're going to get annoying noises and your sump flow will be affected.

ktownhero is offline   Reply With Quote