Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/02/2015, 09:41 AM   #1
Nanook
Ancient Eskimo Legend

November, 2015, Reefer of the Month (ROTM)---shifty51008!!

This is a great honor and I am very happy to be selected on this great forum, lots of great people here and tons of information.

My name is Sam, I am from the nice cornfields of Iowa. With that being said there isnt a lot of information about saltwater tanks in this area. I started my first saltwater tank 15 years ago shortly after i was married to my wonderful wife. She is from Indonesia so a saltwater tank was a way to make her feel more at home. When I first started my saltwater tanks I took infomation I got from a local fish shop, needless to say I started with a 20 gal tank with clownfish, an anemone, damsels, and tangs. Lets just say things did not start off well. After doing lots of research of my own and finding reefcentral things changed for the better. With the help of alot of great people on here I upgraded to a 46 gal bowfront mixed reef which soon moved up to the 75 gal I have now and soon to be a 300+ gal.

I am always reading to learn new things and love to help others out as much as I can so they dont go through the same mistakes I have gone through when I first started. I owe a big part of all I have learned from this website and the great people on here.

As of now my display tank is in growing mode while I spend alot of my time breeding fish, I have only bred a few types of clowns and cardinal fish as of now but have other types in the works. I've always liked new challenges.

So in conclusion I would again like to thank my wife for being with me through the good and bad, the staff at RC for keeping this website a family friendly site (they do alot for this site and dont get enough thank you's), and also for everyone else for helping make this place a great site for information, without everyones input this site wouldnt be what it is.

Thank you very much for this great honor and I hope to be around for many more years trying my best to help others.

Current Tank Info: 375g Tanganyikan Tank & 470g mixed reef
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/02/2015, 09:42 AM   #2
Nanook
Ancient Eskimo Legend

Congratulations, Sam!

Description of RC ROTM:

In appreciation and honor of the members that regularly contribute to our discussion forums, we would like to acknowledge a Reefer each month that stands out as exceptional for their outstanding service to others. This person will be selected by the Reef Central Staff, based on their willingness to help others in response to questions, giving advice, and overall disposition. The honoree will be given the Reef Central ROTM tag, that will appear above their avatar and will follow them for one year after being awarded. This will not only demonstrate to others that you have been chosen as a trustworthy source of information, but also as a positive role model for others to emulate. Additionally, we are pleased to upgrade your membership to "premium" for one year and you will be entered in a raffle along with the other recipients each year to win a special prize to be determined.

We look forward to honoring one person, each month, by highlighting them on the Reef Central homepage. This will include a recent photograph of yourself, or your avatar if you prefer not to show your actual face, along with what you love about the hobby of reef keeping and why you have chosen Reef Central to be your home. Each month the face and paragraph of the ROTM will change, but you can forever hold the honor of knowing that you were one of the chosen few to have earned this title and our respect as a member in great standing.

Best Regards,

The RC Staff

Current Tank Info: 375g Tanganyikan Tank & 470g mixed reef
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2015, 05:52 AM   #3
gone fishin
Registered Member

congrats Sam

Current Tank Info: 180gal DT, BM NAC77 skimmer,3 Maxspect razors, Maxspect Gyre 150, 30g QT
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2015, 12:12 PM   #4
Bogue Chitto
Registered Member

You sound like you are really dedicated to reefing. I wish you the best Sam...

Bogue Chitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2015, 01:42 PM   #5
ZeeSparrow
Registered Member

Well deserved! Congratulations, Sam.

Current Tank Info: 75G w/29G sump, Reefbreeders Photon 48, RO Classic 110-INT, Jebao DCT-8000, 2xJebao RW-8, 2xEheim Jager 150W heaters, Tunze Osmolator ATO, TLF GFO
ZeeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote