Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/23/2017, 01:48 PM   #1
Devaji108
Registered Member

school me on profiux plz

Hi all I am thinking about a new controller.
but I seam to be having trouble finding info on the profilux 4.

i would like to know what it can and cant do. out of the box. see a video of the web interface. trying to decide if its the "right" controller for me.

is there a active community, how is the support

in the past I had a RA plus never could get it to work then 6 months ago I bought a Rasberry pi controller but dont think the company is moving forward so I am I bit trigger shy when it comes to forking out my hard earned $$

any links to threads or videos?
other info I should know?

cheers

Devaji108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2017, 07:19 PM   #2
doggydoc
Registered Member

school me on profiux plz

Best controller you can purchase.
Pricey but well worth it.
Only issue I have had in the past WAS customer service in the US. And now with Vinny and Marco there is no reason why you should not spend your hard earned $ in Profilux.

They have a YouTube channel dedicated to Profilux stuff. Very informative.

Out of the box you can do anything you want.

I wouldn't have a reef tank without a Profilux controller.

Just my .02 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 75 Gallon Rimless Cube
doggydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 10:39 AM   #3
Devaji108
Registered Member

thanks for the replay, yeah they are pricey might be out of my budget tho..
from doing a few hrs of research on controllers yesterday my understanding is there is not notification via txt email or app.
my mane reason in getting a controller is to view and communate makes changes if need be via the web while I am away.

am i understanding this correct?

Unread 03/24/2017, 11:51 AM   #4
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaji108 View Post
thanks for the replay, yeah they are pricey might be out of my budget tho..
from doing a few hrs of research on controllers yesterday my understanding is there is not notification via txt email or app.
my mane reason in getting a controller is to view and communate makes changes if need be via the web while I am away.

am i understanding this correct?
MyGHL web/cloud interface allows you to view and make changes via the cloud from anywhere. As for texts, that shouldn't be an issue either. ATT, Verizon etc all can receive emails via text.

ATT for example uses an email address of: xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net where by the xxxxxxxxxx is your area code and phone number. Verizon uses a similar scheme. xxxxxxxxxx@@vtext.com

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2017, 10:44 PM   #5
Devaji108
Registered Member

good to know! I am curiuos how close myghl is to completion?

I think its unfortunately out of my budget tho I thought about putting it on credit card prob. not the best idea as it will end up costing a lot more. :/

slief did you switch from apex to profilux? if so my ask why?

Unread 03/25/2017, 09:58 AM   #6
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
good to know! I am curiuos how close myghl is to completion?

I think its unfortunately out of my budget tho I thought about putting it on credit card prob. not the best idea as it will end up costing a lot more. :/

slief did you switch from apex to profilux? if so my ask why?
I didn't switch. I run both now. I've got too large of a system and too many add on modules to be able (afford) to switch. As such, the Profilux runs my frag tank, my Mitras, a Doser 2 on another system of mine, the Tunze's on my frag tank and display fuge as well as other devices. Since the frag tank and display fuge are part of my large system, it also serves as additional monitoring, notifications and failsafes. It monitors salinity, ORP, pH, water levels etc for me.

MyGHL is pretty complete IMO. I certainly wouldn't call it beta as it's been running a long time and pretty feature rich. While I primarily use GCC, MyGHL works very well and provides the ability to control, monitor and change settings in the Profilux from anywhere. As with anything in this hobby, there are gives and takes. The Profilux interface is vastly different than the Apex. No coding with Profilux. It's all menu driven. The Profilux hardware is extraordinarily solid and very well built. You never hear about them failing. That's meant to be a knock on the Apex. Both are great controllers but with the Profilux, there is a cost associated with the build quality. There are also expansion slots within the Profilux that cards can be added into which is a really nice feature as well.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 03/25/2017, 08:26 PM   #7
Devaji108
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I didn't switch. I run both now. I've got too large of a system and too many add on modules to be able (afford) to switch. As such, the Profilux runs my frag tank, my Mitras, a Doser 2 on another system of mine, the Tunze's on my frag tank and display fuge as well as other devices. Since the frag tank and display fuge are part of my large system, it also serves as additional monitoring, notifications and failsafes. It monitors salinity, ORP, pH, water levels etc for me.

MyGHL is pretty complete IMO. I certainly wouldn't call it beta as it's been running a long time and pretty feature rich. While I primarily use GCC, MyGHL works very well and provides the ability to control, monitor and change settings in the Profilux from anywhere. As with anything in this hobby, there are gives and takes. The Profilux interface is vastly different than the Apex. No coding with Profilux. It's all menu driven. The Profilux hardware is extraordinarily solid and very well built. You never hear about them failing. That's meant to be a knock on the Apex. Both are great controllers but with the Profilux, there is a cost associated with the build quality. There are also expansion slots within the Profilux that cards can be added into which is a really nice feature as well.

ah makes sense, yeah you have quite the system for sure!
hearing you say it's a pretty complete system and that you like it sure makes it tempting. wish I could see one in real life and play with it before I drop 1K on a controller.

its just to expensive for me not to LOVE it 100%

Unread 03/25/2017, 09:22 PM   #8
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
ah makes sense, yeah you have quite the system for sure!
hearing you say it's a pretty complete system and that you like it sure makes it tempting. wish I could see one in real life and play with it before I drop 1K on a controller.

its just to expensive for me not to LOVE it 100%
Controllers are one of those things that (if you've never owned one) you learn to love. At first they are daunting and even frustrating as the learning curve can be tough. The good thing is that with the Profilux, the learning curve is pretty minimal. Once you have a controller and put it to use, they become something we can't imagine living without. You absolutely can't go wrong with the Profilx. They are truly great controllers and are built like tanks. FWIW, I have never heard of anybody buying a Profilix and regretting it.

Unread 04/24/2017, 08:02 AM   #9
passiboy
Registered Member

Unhappy Ghl Profilux 4

anybody can help me in it.?
i want to buy GHL profilux 4 ultimate set .
is this set will work auto control on ph level,heating or cooling for tank. or it will control dosing too?
please anyone let me know about that?
which dosser it can support?

passiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2017, 08:22 AM   #10
reefwiser
Registered Member

The Ultimate has everything in the set including a touch screen display and control.
You can control heating and cooling. Ph control can be programed with a Ghl doser
The GHL doser slave can be added for dosing alk cal and mag.

September 23rd,2017 11 am till 3pm
Saint Thomas Fellowship hall,9616 Westport Road,Louisvi
reefwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 08:44 AM   #11
Marco@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiboy View Post
anybody can help me in it.?
i want to buy GHL profilux 4 ultimate set .
is this set will work auto control on ph level,heating or cooling for tank. or it will control dosing too?
please anyone let me know about that?
which dosser it can support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwiser View Post
The Ultimate has everything in the set including a touch screen display and control.
You can control heating and cooling. Ph control can be programed with a Ghl doser
The GHL doser slave can be added for dosing alk cal and mag.
Hi passiboy,
As Ed pointed out, all these things can be accomplished.
Our Doser2/2.1 integrated natively and allows the most control, however if you have an existing "dosing" pump, such as a standalone outlet powered peristaltic pump, you may control this via a controlled outlet as well.
There is a lot of flexibility in the system, while maintaining stability and high level of control.
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions or further.

Marco@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote