Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/07/2007, 07:40 PM   #1
NickBee
Registered Member

Blue Spotted Toby (Puffer) Videos…

I think it’s a blue spotted Toby. I’m also seeing pics on the net that say honeycomb Toby (I’m sure someone here can clear it up). I had my eye on a Valentini Puffer but the one at the LFS was kinda skinny looking. After seeing the health and nice body shape of this specimen, we decided to take him home.

It’s amazing how he’ll keep his fins constantly moving in a blur similar to the wings of a humming bird. Also his tail fin stays “folded” most of the time but he will “stretch” it out every now and then. When he (or she) wants to he moves VERY fast across the tank. His eyes are constantly moving keeping a watch of his surroundings. When it comes to feeding time he’s quick to see particles of food and will rush over in a hurry to assess the meal.

Here are a few videos…

http://www.nickbee.com/vids/bluetoby1.wmv

http://www.nickbee.com/vids/bluetoby2.wmv

NickBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2007, 08:21 PM   #2
RTKBA308
Registered Member

Cool! I love the Puffers. I don't think my tank is big enough for one.

Good luck!

RTKBA308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/07/2007, 08:59 PM   #3
SgJsg35
Registered Member

I had one of those now I have a valentini they are both awesome fish. I bought mine under the name of bluespotted puffer too. Mine kept his tail clenched most of the time too, the valentini keeps its open alot more often.

Current Tank Info: 50 gal.(50-60lbs LR) Eibl's Angelfish,Sixline Wrasse,Lunare Wrasse,Orchid Dottyback,Blacktail Dascyllus,Neon Goby,Banded Coral Shrimp,Emerald Crab,a few Snails & Hermits
SgJsg35 is offline   Reply With Quote