Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Mantis Shrimp
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/02/2012, 06:24 PM   #26
gpx1200
Registered Member

next time your doing your "homework" mabie you should look up what "quotation marks" are for becouse i don't think you get it. make up all the fake quotes you want, you have proven my point for me. i'm done

gpx1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/02/2012, 06:30 PM   #27
Jodah
Registered Member

and another potentially useful thread gets trashed because people just can't keep their damn mouths shut, swallow their pride, and ignore the stupid comments. Fantastic.

Unread 02/02/2012, 06:34 PM   #28
rattler_mt
Registered Member

still useful.....have it bookmarked cause unlike some i cant have critters shipped to me 6 months out of the year.....gonna be real handy to me in a few more months....

and gpx, quotes("...") also work for paraphrasing......fairly familiar with the english language, i do own a couple of newspapers....

rattler_mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2012, 09:02 AM   #29
khowst
Registered Member

gpx bud, you've only again proven you are taking things way to personal. the first remark that sent you into a rage wasnt even directed at you, it was a general statement.

you have 30 some years of sw hobby experience, I do respect that. Question is how have you tested you tank for ppm of people skills? relax brah.

I still agree we should sticky this. does anyone know if the OP has hit up a mod for post clean-up and sticky?

khowst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2012, 10:23 AM   #30
purdueav8r
Registered Member

khowst- No, I haven't contacted a mod for cleanup &/or sticky. I wasn't sure how things like that are done around here or if it was sticky-worthy. If you guys think it is, then maybe I should?

purdueav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/03/2012, 10:25 AM   #31
rattler_mt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdueav8r View Post
khowst- No, I haven't contacted a mod for cleanup &/or sticky. I wasn't sure how things like that are done around here or if it was sticky-worthy. If you guys think it is, then maybe I should?
ild say it is, some ppl like me live in cold climates.....you could post up the rarest mantis thats for sale someplace today and i couldnt get it no matter how much i wanted it....i can only have stuff shipped to me from April through October....November through March is to cold even with over night shipping....plus not every one has funds available to spend all the time.....

a list of the companies that carry mantis shrimp fairly regularly even if they dont always have them in stock is a great reference.....

Unread 02/03/2012, 12:18 PM   #32
khowst
Registered Member

Dude the first part of the thread I think is definitely great and absolutely worth stickying. Might even change the title a little to include whats in stock or something, then as people post they can add it in instead of 342 'DD has a peacock in stock' threads.

rattler, are you sure about the shipping conditions? I mean when I lived in Anchorage, I know the couple of shops there got bi-weekly shipments in, and that was even during the winter months. Now granted that was the shops so I dont know if large orders were packaged different or anything.

Unread 02/03/2012, 12:26 PM   #33
gpx1200
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitherins View Post
Right now Bluezoo has 5 mantis up for sale 3 on wysiwyg. They also have an O. scyllarus and L. Mac too.
http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/produ...p?did=2&cid=84

Also Liveaquria has one peacock on DD.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden...+4&ddid=144282
this was an excelent post,thanks
now i have a m/f pair of g.ternatensis

Unread 02/03/2012, 12:40 PM   #34
rattler_mt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khowst View Post

rattler, are you sure about the shipping conditions? I mean when I lived in Anchorage, I know the couple of shops there got bi-weekly shipments in, and that was even during the winter months. Now granted that was the shops so I dont know if large orders were packaged different or anything.
difference between me and Anchorage shops is that i am bout 250 miles from the nearest major airport.....i live out in the middle of nowhere and it takes very lil in the way of weather in the winter to close down our local airport.....that and actually Acohorage is quite a bit warmer than i am in the winter.....

you think Alaska and you think cold but the winters in northeast Montana are far more brutal than those in southeast Alaska.....have a friend that was stationed in that part of Alaska for 4 years and said he can count on both hands with fingers left over the number of times it got below 0......we see -40 before windchill every winter and 10 days with the daily high being -20 isnt unusual.....

Unread 02/03/2012, 12:56 PM   #35
NewbyReefer
Registered Member

+ 1 sticky.

Current Tank Info: 40 Gal Super High Mix Reef w/120watte LED
NewbyReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2012, 07:54 AM   #36
Jacwil
Registered Member

Another L. mac on DD! http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden...+4&ddid=144833

-Justin
Jacwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2012, 08:12 AM   #37
Jon E Busch
Registered Member

Recieved an Email from DD...

Ordered my Odontodactylus scyllarus from Divers Den. For those that are looking, they just recieved a shippment (Very Limited Quanity) according to the email I recieved.

Jon E Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2012, 02:43 AM   #38
smitherins
Registered Member

Anyone know any suppliers that get O.latirostris? I'm trying to acquire one, but I don't know any.

smitherins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2012, 06:49 AM   #39
gpx1200
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitherins View Post
Anyone know any suppliers that get O.latirostris? I'm trying to acquire one, but I don't know any.
call bob at ibluewater.com he's one of the few who will track down specific species for you.

Unread 02/12/2012, 01:17 PM   #40
gozermantis
Stomatoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpx1200 View Post
call bob at ibluewater.com he's one of the few who will track down specific species for you.
there prices are outrageous...$89 for a chiragra....when I use to have my online mantis store i would sell them for like $30 and only pay like $10-15 from my wholesaler.. and $95 for a large peacock? larger should be cheaper since they have less of a life span at that point IMO.

Current Tank Info: 29g FOWLR, 40b peacock tank (Khaleesi, female), 10g Male G. Graphurus (Boh, male) tank.
gozermantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2012, 02:52 PM   #41
gpx1200
Registered Member

i agree their expensive but i don't know of anyone else that will even try to track down a specific mantis for you

Unread 02/13/2012, 10:30 AM   #42
gpx1200
Registered Member

theirs a peacock on bluezoo, kinda pricy but looks prety nice
https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productdetailcc.asp?did=11&cid=354&pid=14539%>

Unread 02/13/2012, 11:21 AM   #43
khowst
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozermantis View Post
there prices are outrageous...$89 for a chiragra....when I use to have my online mantis store i would sell them for like $30 and only pay like $10-15 from my wholesaler.. and $95 for a large peacock? larger should be cheaper since they have less of a life span at that point IMO.
Yeah, BoB is kinda expensive but he is also the go to guy when it comes to something specific or rare. I also know he has very strict quarentine procedures (6-8 weeks for mantis) for all his livestock. I have even had him not sell me something before because he felt it wasnt up to his standards. He also sends pictures and videos of everything you would be interested in buying. Expensive yes, worth it? imo absolutely.

Unread 02/13/2012, 01:33 PM   #44
SoupySteve
Reefer Dadness

Try Tampa Bay Saltwater. Wennerae mantis to your door next day - $50. Not bad. Excellent customer service.

Current Tank Info: 93g 'cube' in its infancy
SoupySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/13/2012, 02:12 PM   #45
khowst
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupySteve View Post
Try Tampa Bay Saltwater. Wennerae mantis to your door next day - $50. Not bad. Excellent customer service.

I do say I have to agree here. For N. Wennerae I dont think you can beat TBS. Plus they have a pretty good reputation online for thier mantis.

Unread 02/13/2012, 05:39 PM   #46
Jacwil
Registered Member

Another Peacock on DD!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden...nt=41&s=nlh&r=

-Justin
Unread 02/23/2012, 04:12 PM   #47
gpx1200
Registered Member

$20 ciliata on bluezoo
https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/prod...=354&pid=14661

Unread 02/23/2012, 05:20 PM   #48
Jacwil
Registered Member

Doh!!! That's a great price! Nice find!

-Justin
Unread 02/23/2012, 08:04 PM   #49
gpx1200
Registered Member

now theirs a smithi to
https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/prod...=354&pid=14675

Unread 02/23/2012, 08:09 PM   #50
noidster
Registered Member

I wonder why these are going straight to wysiwyg. Are the people that have been on the email waiting list getting emails about these?

noidster is offline   Reply With Quote