Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Minnesota Reef Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/03/2015, 10:25 AM   #1
A1t2o
Moved On

Anyone from Minnesota?

I don't see a lot of people from around me on here very often so I want to just see if there are any active people that are located nearby. If you live in Minnesota at all just do a quick post saying what area you are from and if you want you can say what your current setup is.

Just want an idea of how active my area is and if there is anyone near me.

I live in St Peter, just out side of Mankato. I am building a stand for my 75 gallon tank I just bought to upgrade from my 46 bow front that is still set up. Been in the hobby for about 5 years and I have to admit that I like LPS better than SPS, but I have both in my tank.

A1t2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2015, 11:43 AM   #2
Swanwillow
goby girl

There's a bunch of us in Bemidji. See the other recent thread for our webpage And hullo!

Current Tank Info: starting over! 125 gallon. Soon to be home to Blackfoot clowns, A. nigripes
Swanwillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2015, 12:58 PM   #3
A1t2o
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanwillow View Post
There's a bunch of us in Bemidji. See the other recent thread for our webpage And hullo!
Yeah but Bemidji is quite a ways from Mankato. I was hoping to see if there was anyone near me, and just saying Minnesota in general seemed like a good start. I know about TCMAS in the cities too, but I don't have a very high opinion of their current president Angie and her cliché.

Unread 12/03/2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Swanwillow
goby girl

Yeah, I've heard.. things about TCMAS over the years.

I'm sure there's someone! But unfortunately TCMAS is likely where people go. Maybe join TCMAS just to see if someone from Mankato is on there?

Current Tank Info: starting over! 125 gallon. Soon to be home to Blackfoot clowns, A. nigripes
Unread 12/03/2015, 02:29 PM   #5
A1t2o
Moved On

I am on TCMAS and was there for quite some time, which is why I came here. Even there, they seem to all be from the cities. Plus there is very little traffic on the site anymore. I can come back a week later and only see half a page worth of updated posts. I think the only real traffic they get is in the member only sections, which is why they like to keep it so exclusive, that and the fact that Angie doesn't like to hear anyone else's opinion.

Just saw my previous post and how my auto correct doesn't know how to say clique.

Unread 12/03/2015, 04:00 PM   #6
Swanwillow
goby girl

That really stinks.

I can't be a 'member' because since I live so far away, I can't possibly make the meetings.

Unread 12/29/2015, 04:25 AM   #7
Dkuhlmann
Registered Member

I live in NW Iowa but we have a lake house in Alexandria on Lake Le Homme Dieu. So ya I too live too far away to make the meetings, unless they are at the same time I'm at the lake.

Current Tank Info: 40b 750 gph 45 lbs lr, 2"-3" sand, 165w full spectrum dimable LED, 20 gal sump/refugium 30 lbs lr, Bak Pak 2 skimmer, 4" sock temp 79-80, sg 1.026, NH3 0, NO2 0, NO3 <10, ph 8.2, calc 400, mag 1300
Dkuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2015, 11:29 AM   #8
A1t2o
Moved On

I don't want to set up meetings, but it would be nice to be able to contact people in the area with sales or just to shoot the breeze. I can't do that on TCMAS and it is a ghost town anyways so I figured I'd try here.

Unread 12/31/2015, 08:32 AM   #9
Dkuhlmann
Registered Member

Ok then, I'll hook up my Lund and head your way, once water is open.

Always have time to catch some eyes

Current Tank Info: 40b 750 gph 45 lbs lr, 2"-3" sand, 165w full spectrum dimable LED, 20 gal sump/refugium 30 lbs lr, Bak Pak 2 skimmer, 4" sock temp 79-80, sg 1.026, NH3 0, NO2 0, NO3 <10, ph 8.2, calc 400, mag 1300
Unread 12/31/2015, 08:53 AM   #10
A1t2o
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkuhlmann View Post
Ok then, I'll hook up my Lund and head your way, once water is open.

Always have time to catch some eyes
Yep, the eyes are always good to catch, but personally I like where I'm fishing more than what I'm fishing for. Id rather be in the boundary waters catching smallmouth or just about anything, than catching walleyes on a heavily populated lake further south.

Unread 12/31/2015, 09:27 AM   #11
Swanwillow
goby girl

Sorry... I live about 30 minutes away from Red Lake. Walleye is only good to eat the first twenty times. I prefer sunfish.

Unread 12/31/2015, 07:13 PM   #12
Dkuhlmann
Registered Member

Ok Swan, I'll be heading to your place

But remember I've got a lake house on Le Homme Dieu sits on the north shore and has a boat dock. Pretty nice actually

Unread 01/13/2016, 06:09 PM   #13
minnesota_hunte
Registered Member

Im in tracy, about 2 hours west of you

minnesota_hunte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mankato, minnesota