Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/20/2019, 03:33 PM   #2326
nycman
Registered Member

Contacted both GHL and AquaticLife regarding the T5HO hybrid. The 61" unit will hold 4 LX7s. Further, AquaticLife just started selling units in the US that measure 19.4" wide with an inner gap of 8.46" that will accommodate the LX7s.

Aqua UV 28W
nycman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2019, 02:07 PM   #2327
tegee
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycman View Post
there is a program recommended by Vinny from ghl that moves the light from ~21K to ~17.5K and back, using energy options. you can find it on this thread - look for screen prints. I am using this one. And my SPS are loving it. Actually the whole tank is loving it.

+1. I've been using Vinnie's light schedule since July (after my MH to LED conversion) and my tank took a while to adjust, but is absolutely thriving now. I am so glad I was patient and didn't mess with anything.

SPS's are doing great.

Unread 08/04/2019, 06:07 PM   #2328
DeadReply
Registered Member

Hi
Someone can send me or where i can find the light schedule from vinny and those use that settings, do you have pictures of the success
Thanks

DeadReply is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2019, 06:44 PM   #2329
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadReply View Post
Hi
Someone can send me or where i can find the light schedule from vinny and those use that settings, do you have pictures of the success
Thanks
I am pretty sure this is the same as Vinny’s project file.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/ree...ight-schedule/

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2019, 07:36 PM   #2330
DeadReply
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I am pretty sure this is the same as Vinny’s project file.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/ree...ight-schedule/
Thanks for the link.

DeadReply is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2019, 11:10 AM   #2331
mhsmith
Registered Member

I have 4 mitras lx6 and wanted to add 2 more lights. Will the new lx7 be compatable with the LX6?

mhsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2019, 12:41 PM   #2332
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsmith View Post
I have 4 mitras lx6 and wanted to add 2 more lights. Will the new lx7 be compatable with the LX6?
The spectrum and channel assignment would be different. You could probably visually match your LX6’s but you’d need to setup, program and control them as a separate pair since the LED channel and diode color mix are different.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 09/16/2019, 01:32 PM   #2333
medox
Registered Member

Hello,

I have 2 new LX 7206 and i would like to have some explanation about the "maintenance" menu ?

thanks for your answer

stéphane

medox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2019, 02:38 PM   #2334
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by medox View Post
Hello,

I have 2 new LX 7206 and i would like to have some explanation about the "maintenance" menu ?

thanks for your answer

stéphane
Maintenance allows you to set a specific light setting for when you are doing maintenance on the tank. Perhaps you might now want the lights as blue or white or you want to have the lights turn on to a specific setting when doing maintenance when the lights would normally be off. You can create a maintenance light setting via GCC and then use the display interface on the light to temporarily change the light setting to the maintenance light setting of your choice. I’ve never used that feature myself but that is essentially what it does.
It’s touched up briefly on page 14 of this manual.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...ming-Guide.pdf

Last edited by slief; 09/18/2019 at 02:58 PM.
Unread 09/20/2019, 12:28 PM   #2335
medox
Registered Member

Thanks for your answer voleur !

medox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/30/2019, 10:00 AM   #2336
Laith
Registered Member

Help connecting Mitras to P4

Looking for some advice on what I'm doing wrong...

I have five Mitras LX7206 units that I set up several weeks ago. At that time, my Profilux 4 was still running my old tank so I set up the Mitras with one being the master (address #1) and the other four as slaves with addresses #2, #3, #4 and #5. All on channel 11.

This worked fine: what configuration I made on the master was automatically taken up by the four slaves. I could connect to the master via WiFi and myGHL.

Then several days ago I moved the Profilux to the new tank. I installed a PWC card in the back slot. The PWC card is visible in System and uses channel 11. I gave the card the address #1. I then changed the mitras that was the master to slave and gave it the address #6. When I changed it to slave the lights went out on the unit. I then changed it to standalone and the old schedule came on.

I don't think there is any communication happening between the Profilux and any of the Mitras: any change I make in light composer on the Profilux has no effect on any of the lights. We changed to winter time last weekend and the Mitras are all still on summer time.

I just tested another of the lights by changing its status to standalone from slave. All the channels are now at 0%, even when I change it back to slave mode. So now I've gone back to the original configuration of having one of the Mitras being the master (now address #6) and the other slaves. This works as before.

What is frustrating is that the actual Mitras units do not show up anywhere in the Profilux as being connected. All I can see is that the PWC card is installed. Shouldn't something show the number of lights that are connected to the Profilux and their addresses?

So what am I doing incorrectly? Help!

Thanks!

Laith

1,650l tank, 5x GHL Mitras LX7206s, 4x Tunze 6255s, 2x Tunze 6155s, 2x Gyre 350s, RE Bubble King 200, managed by Profilux 4
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2019, 03:18 PM   #2337
PinkPunisher
Registered Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread or post of someone actually retrofitting the newer 6300 LED boards onto a 6200/6100 series Mitras? Even just repairing a light? I have a 6200HV that I'm considering swapping over to a 6300HV, I just have no real clue about how to due so as GHL doesn't seem to show or discuss it anywhere other then to say its possible? It appears like you just swap out with the older boards in which case is it possible to use those older LED boards and retrofit them in some other manner like people were doing with Radion LED pucks? The replacement pucks/boards are quite reasonably priced if there is a way to rig them up DIY you could make quite the light I'd think?

PinkPunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2019, 07:37 PM   #2338
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPunisher View Post
Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread or post of someone actually retrofitting the newer 6300 LED boards onto a 6200/6100 series Mitras? Even just repairing a light? I have a 6200HV that I'm considering swapping over to a 6300HV, I just have no real clue about how to due so as GHL doesn't seem to show or discuss it anywhere other then to say its possible? It appears like you just swap out with the older boards in which case is it possible to use those older LED boards and retrofit them in some other manner like people were doing with Radion LED pucks? The replacement pucks/boards are quite reasonably priced if there is a way to rig them up DIY you could make quite the light I'd think?
I am not aware of any retrofit thread but it’s pretty straight forward. Just remove the side covers, slide the shield off the bottom of the fixtures and the clusters will be easily accessible. You then remove 4 screws per cluster and unplug each cluster and swap in the new ones. Then install the screws and replace the covers.

As for using the old clusters as a DIY setup, you’d have to figure out the wiring first as that is not published and I’d not be sure where to even start with that.

Unread 12/09/2019, 07:41 PM   #2339
Conor_K
Registered Member

I am so close to being happy with my schedule.
2 questions:

When i get my illumination run set where i want it and transmit to channels. Some of the channels are not generating a chart. When i go to Cool white, red and green there is no graph at all even though those bulbs do have capacity throughout the run.
This doesn't seem right. . I assumed when i transmit the run to channels that those channels should generate graphs based on the run. What am I missing?

Second, moon simulation, I have it turned on and the royal blue channel clicked on "depends on moonphase" from 12:30am to 12:30 pm. Do I need to turn that channel on in the illumination run during that time frame and set my brightness? Assuming that will be the max brightness and will vary with moon phase?
Or do i just leave everything at zero's during that time on the illumination run and the simulation will do it's thing?

Thanks in advance as always,
Conor

Conor_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/15/2020, 04:44 AM   #2340
smithygreen
Registered Member

rodneyri 6100hv lpc file

Hi just wondering if anyone has a copy of rodneyri 6100hv lpc file...thanks

smithygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2020, 04:09 AM   #2341
chema
Registered Member

Hi all: great thread with a lot of info.

I'm trying to decide whether to add some T5 tubes to my three Mitras LX7 by means of the Aquatic Life Hybrid fixture. For those of you that have already gone that way, have you noted a decisive improvement both in growth and color of your corals ?

Thanks

chema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2020, 08:45 AM   #2342
karliefish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Maintenance allows you to set a specific light setting for when you are doing maintenance on the tank. Perhaps you might now want the lights as blue or white or you want to have the lights turn on to a specific setting when doing maintenance when the lights would normally be off. You can create a maintenance light setting via GCC and then use the display interface on the light to temporarily change the light setting to the maintenance light setting of your choice. I’ve never used that feature myself but that is essentially what it does.
It’s touched up briefly on page 14 of this manual.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...ming-Guide.pdf
I've been following all your post regarding Mitras for the last two months and I think I've read just about everything you've written - so first off, thank you.
My 365G 96' (L) x 34" (W) x 26" (H) custom tank is just about done being built and I really need to get my lights ordered. I have already concluded that I'm going to use two ATI SunPower 48" 8 bulb fixtures in the middle of the tank - already have these installed. I'm now trying to decide on what LED lights I want to run along side the T5's and have narrowed it down to either 8 Kessil A380x or 6 Mitras LX7206's. Can you tell me how well you think the Mitras will work in combination with the ATI T5 fixtures and do you have any pics that show how well your SPS growth has been with these lights? Also, has GHL ever implemented a web-based light configurator or do you still need to use a PC? One last question - is there one really good "starting light configuration" that I should pull down from the GHL library to start with? Thanks for any and all help/advice you are willing to offer.

karliefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2020, 10:05 PM   #2343
Saltwaternooby
SPS junkie

Hello all, I recently bought 2 6200Hv that are used. One works perfectly fine the other only lights up 3 leds per puck. Through process of swapping parts between the 2 seems like the main board went out. GHL doesnt have them anymore.

Anyone got an old 6200 (maybe not even working properly) collecting dust they want to sell?

24g cube for ORA Picasso
Saltwaternooby is offline   Reply With Quote