Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/15/2012, 12:59 PM   #326
VB68
Registered Member

Could you please add me to the growing list. Looks like it could be very useful. thanks chneal2009@hotmail.com

VB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2012, 08:03 PM   #327
miyzfrider
Registered Member

I would appreciate a copy as well. Email is lcarlson41@gmail.com. One thought, if you have a gmail account, you can post things like this in Google Docs and share it with a link. Maybe an option??? Thanks.

miyzfrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2012, 08:40 PM   #328
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535freak View Post
I would like one too please. Thanks.
maliagracie@sbcglobal.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
I started to make one at first, but stopped using it because it wasnt very user friendly... My email is dan.marketwise@gmail.com

Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamball1 View Post
OOOOOhhh, please me too: lamball1@hotmail.com

thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolShrmp View Post
Please send one to me as well.

jcoate2004 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegrant View Post
I would love a copy of this wonderful tool!

grantmusser(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos413 View Post
Could I please get a copy of this file? thanks
djnyceone@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolgranny View Post
Could someone shoot me a copy of this? Its very well done!!!

I would appreciate it,
Thank you

daughtersftw@yahoo.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garibaldi View Post
I'd like to get a copy also when you have the chance. It's a lot nicer than the one I put together myself.

asmosely@bellsouth.net

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phasezero View Post
Would love to try this log out. Send to jefabian@comcast.net

Thanks again for your time and effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiver View Post
Please add me to the list lurch@windstream.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhickey View Post
Please add me to the email. Thanks in advance!

d.hickey79@yahoo.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by VB68 View Post
Could you please add me to the growing list. Looks like it could be very useful. thanks chneal2009@hotmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyzfrider View Post
I would appreciate a copy as well. Email is lcarlson41@gmail.com. One thought, if you have a gmail account, you can post things like this in Google Docs and share it with a link. Maybe an option??? Thanks.
Okay I got it out to all of you. Apologies for the delay this go around, overtime at work has been brutal, many 16 hour days this past week and a half.

@Carlson41 - Google docs does not support everything the sheet is programmed to do, there is a lot of work done in visual basic, and soon the conditional formatting.

More on the Conditional formatting...this is the feature most requested to be added in. I have gone through a few iterations of it trying to get the cleanest formulas and code possible. I have a working version with the adjustable "Acceptable Range" and conditional formatting and it looks and works great, however, some folks (myself included) don't like the conditional formatting a lot.

My new addition currently being worked in is a button to disable the conditional formatting for users that do not want it, this is not a "built in" feature of excel and requires some working around with visual basic and creative formulas to achieve. You will be able to turn it on and view on target or out of tolerance cells at a glance, or turn it off and view the chart without colored cells. I should have this working the way I want it for a release within a week or two depending on how much time I get to sit here on the computer.

Thank you all again for trying this sheet out, it's been a great pleasure to share this, I hope it has been helpful to you all. I can't wait for you guys to see the updated version.

Note: This sheet is being created in Excel 2010, some conditional formatting, colors, etc. are not backwardly compatible with Excel 2007 or 2003. I'm doing my best to ensure all users will have the same experience but it will not always be possible. Most everything should be fine with Excel 2007, some will not work with 2003.

-Sean

Unread 01/15/2012, 08:41 PM   #329
Lamball1
Registered Member

Thanks a lot! It works great!

Lamball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 11:22 AM   #330
Lowefx
Registered Member

I also would like a copy, as i am starting a new tank this week. Many thanks. lowefx@gmail.com

Thank you!

Lowefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 06:01 PM   #331
schoi
Registered Member

Can I please get a copy as well? melloyello512@gmail.com

Unread 01/16/2012, 06:35 PM   #332
miyzfrider
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojaveReefer View Post
@Carlson41 - Google docs does not support everything the sheet is programmed to do, there is a lot of work done in visual basic, and soon the conditional formatting.
-Sean
Sean, first, thanks so much for shooting that my way so quick! I look forward to playing around with it and will definitely post back if I have any thoughts or ideas.

What I was suggesting was just simply placing it up on Google to share, not as a "live" Google docs file. You have the option when uploading a doc or xls file to convert it to Google Docs format or not. If you just uploaded it as an Excel file, and didn't convert it, then I'd think you could share it as an xls file from there. I gave it a try on my Google account and it worked just fine. You just have to choose to download the original if it does open as a Google Docs document.

Regardless, thanks again!!

Lars

Unread 01/16/2012, 06:38 PM   #333
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Sean, first, thanks so much for shooting that my way so quick! I look forward to playing around with it and will definitely post back if I have any thoughts or ideas.

What I was suggesting was just simply placing it up on Google to share, not as a "live" Google docs file. You have the option when uploading a doc or xls file to convert it to Google Docs format or not. If you just uploaded it as an Excel file, and didn't convert it, then I'd think you could share it as an xls file from there. I gave it a try on my Google account and it worked just fine. You just have to choose to download the original if it does open as a Google Docs document.

Regardless, thanks again!!

Lars
Oh okay Lars, I misunderstood you. I'm going to get around to uploading it somewhere eventually. I'd like it to be pretty well finished first though, I think I would lose a lot of the feedback I could be receiving by not communicating with the folks that are trying it. I think it may be all set to go in the near future though.

Unread 01/16/2012, 07:06 PM   #334
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Update to Version 2.0!!!

Well everyone I made some time today to put the finishing touches on the adjustable parameters, conditional formatting, and the ability to turn conditional formatting on or off at the click of a button. I am very pleased and excited with the way this has turned out, I hope you all enjoy it was well.

New Features

*Adjustable Parameters - Not everyone runs their tank the same, I've made it possible to set your own parameters.

*Conditional Formatting - Provides at a glance in or out of tolerance viewing by coloring cells. I also added the ability to turn this feature on or off.

Other Changes

*Reduced archive size from 4000 entries to 1000 entries to improve long term performance.

*Miscellaneous cosmetic and functional changes

Here are some screen shots of the new results sheet

Conditional Formatting Off

All you have to do for adjusting the parameters is type in the number you want, I have my temp set From 77 To 82, if I wanted to run my tank a little cooler all I would need to do is replace the 77 with whatever number I choose, It works the same with all the parameters. The graphing is also tied in to the adjustable parameters so you won't miss a beat.

Conditional Formatting On

The small check box above the notes section is what turns the conditional formatting on or off, checked box = on unchecked box = off, it's that easy. Please be aware if you click the archive button while the conditional formatting is on it will copy over colored cells to the archive, if that's how you like it great! If not be sure to turn it off before archiving.

If anyone would like an updated copy please let me know. I need everyone's help to continue to make this better, please leave me your thoughts or any bugs that you may find so I can fix and improve. Thanks

-Sean

Last edited by MojaveReefer; 01/16/2012 at 07:15 PM.
MojaveReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 07:12 PM   #335
miyzfrider
Registered Member

I'd love a new copy Sean! Thanks again, and regarding the Google Docs idea, no problem. Just a suggestion to help you sometime so you don't have to email it constantly.

Great work!

lcarlson41@gmail.com

Unread 01/16/2012, 07:23 PM   #336
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowefx View Post
I also would like a copy, as i am starting a new tank this week. Many thanks. lowefx@gmail.com

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoi View Post
Can I please get a copy as well? melloyello512@gmail.com
Sent out a brand spanking new copy to you guys, enjoy

Quote:
I'd love a new copy Sean! Thanks again, and regarding the Google Docs idea, no problem. Just a suggestion to help you sometime so you don't have to email it constantly.

Great work!

lcarlson41@gmail.com
I re-sent yesterdays group the new version, didn't want you guys to feel left out.

-Sean

Unread 01/16/2012, 07:24 PM   #337
theshiver
Registered Member

Please put me in line for update lurch@windstream.net

theshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 07:26 PM   #338
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Please put me in line for update lurch@windstream.net
already took care of ya shiver

-Sean

Unread 01/16/2012, 07:27 PM   #339
catchprj
Registered Member

That looks fantastic! I would love a copy

Thanks!

detartrated@gmail.com

catchprj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 07:30 PM   #340
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchprj View Post
That looks fantastic! I would love a copy

Thanks!

detartrated@gmail.com
Sent, enjoy it!

-Sean

Unread 01/16/2012, 07:41 PM   #341
theshiver
Registered Member

Thanks for all your hard work I love it. Is there a way on the TDS page to be able to enter gallons so we can track our RODI filter/resin life?

Unread 01/16/2012, 08:09 PM   #342
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Thanks for all your hard work I love it. Is there a way on the TDS page to be able to enter gallons so we can track our RODI filter/resin life?
I like what you're thinking about here, hadn't crossed my mind to track RO/DI filter/membrane/resin. The short answer is no there is not, it can't be tracked right now. I could definitely add that in, I just need to know what has to be tracked. Is it gallons of RO/DI created? Gallons run through the system? (if this is the case how will you know how many gallons have passed through it) After the tracked figure is sourced I'd need to know what the cutoffs for replacing filters, membrane, and resin would be. The only issue I see with this is everyone's water source is so different that it would be highly inaccurate. I think the best that I could do to make an effective tool for tracking these figures would be countdown reminder. You would put in the date you changed your filter/membrane/resin and then set how many days from then you wanted it changed, the sheet would then remind you it's time to change said part. That's what's going through my head, let me know if you have something else going through yours and maybe we can make something happen. Thanks for the great idea

-Sean

Unread 01/16/2012, 08:18 PM   #343
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

...double post

Unread 01/16/2012, 09:05 PM   #344
wkonops
Registered Member

Spreadsheet

I can see that your spreadsheet looks great, better than anything I have seen. I would love a copy, if you could send one to me I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
Walter

wkonops@yahoo.com

wkonops is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 09:08 PM   #345
Jarred1
Registered Member

Can you please send me a copy of the spread sheet to alyaj06 @ gmail . Com

"It happens, and as long as the clowns out there keep paying top dollar, they will stay top dollar. Just a way of life, imagine how much cheaper a Tahoe or Yukon would cost if the word "bling" was never invented..."
Jarred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 09:11 PM   #346
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkonops View Post
I can see that your spreadsheet looks great, better than anything I have seen. I would love a copy, if you could send one to me I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
Walter

wkonops@yahoo.com
Thank you for the kind words Walter, I sent your copy out.

-Sean

Unread 01/16/2012, 09:11 PM   #347
signalman
Registered Member

Spreadsheet

Spreadsheet looks great. Can you send me a copy to mccoykd@me.com it would be much appreciated.

signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2012, 09:29 PM   #348
MojaveReefer
Aquarium Log Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred1 View Post
Can you please send me a copy of the spread sheet to alyaj06 @ gmail . Com
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalman View Post
Spreadsheet looks great. Can you send me a copy to mccoykd@me.com it would be much appreciated.
Sent out to you guys, enjoy

-Sean

Unread 01/16/2012, 10:44 PM   #349
theshiver
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojaveReefer View Post
I like what you're thinking about here, hadn't crossed my mind to track RO/DI filter/membrane/resin. The short answer is no there is not, it can't be tracked right now. I could definitely add that in, I just need to know what has to be tracked. Is it gallons of RO/DI created? Gallons run through the system? (if this is the case how will you know how many gallons have passed through it) After the tracked figure is sourced I'd need to know what the cutoffs for replacing filters, membrane, and resin would be. The only issue I see with this is everyone's water source is so different that it would be highly inaccurate. I think the best that I could do to make an effective tool for tracking these figures would be countdown reminder. You would put in the date you changed your filter/membrane/resin and then set how many days from then you wanted it changed, the sheet would then remind you it's time to change said part. That's what's going through my head, let me know if you have something else going through yours and maybe we can make something happen. Thanks for the great idea

-Sean
What I was thinking for our DI Resin, is if we entered our TDS and Gallons at the same time we could see at what Gallon usage our TDS starts to climb, and at what Gallon usage the TDS is to high. From there set your color, good/bad/neutral, and have a count down timer for filters and membrane. However, this would only work for the RO/DI units that have flow meters instaled. Just a thought.

Unread 01/16/2012, 10:57 PM   #350
Reefers Digest
Registered Member

I would appreciate a copy.

chrisozolins@gmail.com

Thanks Sean.

Reefers Digest is offline   Reply With Quote