Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/04/2016, 08:54 AM   #1
BassSoLow
Registered Member

New BioCube 14 Build

New to this forum, so I figure I'd share my new tank.

The tank is a Coralife BioCube 14. I used Hawain Black live sand in this tank to allow my live rock to really pop. The live rock is Tonga Branch.

I swapped out the stock pump for the Hydor Pico 1200 to increase the flow. I also added a Hydor nano 240 powerhead.

I took out the bio balls as well and used a combination of purigen, chemipure, seachem matrix bio, and a little bit of filter floss in compartment #2. I did leave the sponge in compartment #3 with the pump.

I also removed the lid and added the AI Prime light to assist with the thank running too hot. Before I did this, the tank was running at 84-85 degrees due to the lights being so close to the surface water. Increasing the flow with the new pump and powerhead also helped. The temperature is now 78-79 regularly.

I also have an Aqueon Pro 50 heater, magnetic cleaner, and made a simple aquarium top from egg crate.

I don't have any livestock yet, but I am looking to add a pair of clowns (maybe snowflakes), a six line rasse, some snails, and a cleaner shrimp. I will also be adding coral a ways down the road.

Anyways, thanks for letting me share my tank. Here's a few iPhone pics. I'll try to get better pics later.

image.jpg

Last edited by BassSoLow; 02/04/2016 at 09:00 AM.
BassSoLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2016, 09:47 AM   #2
JaihWill
Registered Member

Great start

JaihWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2016, 09:55 AM   #3
BassSoLow
Registered Member

BassSoLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/04/2016, 09:57 AM   #4
BassSoLow