Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/08/2014, 11:54 AM   #1
moondoggy4
Registered Member

New ATO new problems

I just bought the ATO with the pressure tube, I can not get the light to go off unless I continually blow in the tube, if I place the tube in the water the light stays on, even if I completely submerge the tube it stays on, My last AtO failed 12 hours after going on vacation last summer, and I have not used it since, this one does not work, or I am doing something wrong.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2014, 08:48 AM   #2
Avast Marine
RC Sponsor

The first thing to check is that the connection at the john guest fitting is secure. You can remove the tubing and fitting and test the ATO by lightly blowing in the sensor stem, it should take very little pressure to cycle on/off. The reconnect the tubing and test again, there should be the same amount of pressure required to cycle the switch. If you run into any problem please send an email to support@avastmarine.com and we will get this taken care of.

Don't rush art, you get bad art.
Avast Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2014, 11:48 PM   #3
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Dan I checked the hose and the tube it is tight with no air leaks I removed the tubing from the John guest fitting and then re inserted it and everything is working now. Thanks again Jim

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2014, 05:03 PM   #4
mbauma
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avast Marine View Post
The first thing to check is that the connection at the john guest fitting is secure. You can remove the tubing and fitting and test the ATO by lightly blowing in the sensor stem, it should take very little pressure to cycle on/off. The reconnect the tubing and test again, there should be the same amount of pressure required to cycle the switch. If you run into any problem please send an email to support@avastmarine.com and we will get this taken care of.
What is a john guest fitting???

I plugged in the tube into an I/O port on my apex and blowing into the tube does not open the switch(switch 1). How do I program the apex to recognize the switch?

Current Tank Info: QT: 1 Gold Flake Angel
mbauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2014, 10:42 PM   #5
xdiep23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauma View Post
What is a john guest fitting???

I plugged in the tube into an I/O port on my apex and blowing into the tube does not open the switch(switch 1). How do I program the apex to recognize the switch?
The john fitting is on the black box (white connector) that RO line goes from pressure tube into the black box. I had an issue where mine would not switch when I would try to blow into it. Before pulling it out and reconnecting, try below steps.

Just connect I/O port into Apex, while watching the Apex Fusion page which should have used SW1 as your ATO switch by default, slowly insert the pressure tube into the water until it switches. That will be your water level. At that time, secure it into your sump. Remember, OPEN is at correct water level and CLOSED will be when your ATO pump will start up.

I am new at this but I used the following program per their instructions and its been working great for me.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_SW CLOSED Then ON

(I named my SW1 switch to ATO_SW) but if you leave yours by default name then use:

If SW1 CLOSED Then ON

xdiep23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2014, 07:24 AM   #6
mbauma
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdiep23 View Post
The john fitting is on the black box (white connector) that RO line goes from pressure tube into the black box. I had an issue where mine would not switch when I would try to blow into it. Before pulling it out and reconnecting, try below steps.

Just connect I/O port into Apex, while watching the Apex Fusion page which should have used SW1 as your ATO switch by default, slowly insert the pressure tube into the water until it switches. That will be your water level. At that time, secure it into your sump. Remember, OPEN is at correct water level and CLOSED will be when your ATO pump will start up.

I am new at this but I used the following program per their instructions and its been working great for me.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_SW CLOSED Then ON

(I named my SW1 switch to ATO_SW) but if you leave yours by default name then use:

If SW1 CLOSED Then ON
Thanks.

Ok, I did all that last night including the same code, named my switch ATO though. I pulled the sensor tube out of the water and the switch closed, but nothing is happening, no water is pumping from the pump? I have the pump tied to outlet 7 and it turned on like it should have, but no water.

Unread 08/02/2014, 05:14 PM   #7
xdiep23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauma View Post
Thanks.

Ok, I did all that last night including the same code, named my switch ATO though. I pulled the sensor tube out of the water and the switch closed, but nothing is happening, no water is pumping from the pump? I have the pump tied to outlet 7 and it turned on like it should have, but no water.
Outlet 7 should be fine for pretty much any pump and since you are stating it turns on as well means its kicking on. I would look at the actual pump itself...what type of pump are you using?

I am using their Peristaltic Pump but should work with whatever pump you want.

xdiep23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2014, 01:11 PM   #8
mbauma
Registered Member

I screwed up and submerged the pump

Sent it back and they are sending me a new one. This is my first ATO and assumed the pump was submersible like every other pump I have seen so far. Live and learn I guess