Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/17/2018, 01:53 PM   #1
Jyetman
Registered Member

5 days later lost communication with fusion again

Not getting much help from the apex forums so I try asking here too. My apex classic has been working with fusion without issues for years until recent. I get a message from heartbeat saying disconnected. Classic dashboard says communication error and I corrected this by rebooting the apex. However I am on a funeral trip out of town and when I reboot apex when home I have to disconnect the Ethernet cable in order for apex to reboot properly with latest firmware. So I am in a dilemma here what can I do to reset the fusion error without a reboot? I noticed in the network settings enable or disable fusion can I disable and then enable again will it reboot the system if I do that?

Jyetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Jyetman
Registered Member

Never mind it seems no responses to this question is probably because its a SOL situation. It also seems whatever is the reason why fusion doesn't work is also the same reason why my email settings no longer work either. So I found a way around not receiving email alerts by enabling widgets on a old windows 7 laptop I'm using for remote access. The apex widget provides a alarm feature by using the emailalm switch. Its still a major pain dealing with this limitation. If anyone with knowledge with the apex network settings please feel free to give any recommendations.

Unread 01/19/2018, 05:16 PM   #3
Jyetman
Registered Member

Actually Neptune gave me a call and provided some suggestions. He said try rebooting the wireless WCNE2001 Game adapter when I get back. I decided to take a chance and logged into the game adapter remotely. This time its different says its not connected to the internet. Scratched my head wondering how in the world am I connected to it wirelessly then if its not connected? So I just selected the SSID and re-entered the password all is working again.

Thanks Neptune for the suggestion was the game adapter.

Unread 01/23/2018, 12:34 PM   #4
Optionman
Registered Member

i had so many disconnect issues with my apex fusion that i finally hard wired the unit directly to my router (50 ft of hdmi) and haven't had an issue since. good luck.

Optionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2018, 07:36 PM   #5
Jyetman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optionman View Post
i had so many disconnect issues with my apex fusion that i finally hard wired the unit directly to my router (50 ft of hdmi) and haven't had an issue since. good luck.
You mean 50 ft of Cat5

Its been resolved hopefully thanks for the advice.

Unread 01/28/2018, 06:50 AM   #6
Optionman
Registered Member

Yes, wrong cable. Thanks. Best thing I ever did regarding apex connectivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Optionman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex classic, fusion disconnected