Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/12/2009, 05:02 AM   #101
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmatt1992
hey everyone im new to the thread im the proud new owner of a jbj 28 with k2 150 watt. viper light. with starphire skimmer. ill post pics of the new tank soon.
Congratulations! I can't wait to see your tank and follow your build.

Current Tank Info: Frag tank at the moment, planning another
mr9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2009, 01:27 PM   #102
bigmatt1992
Registered Member

ok well here a fts. little cloudy i was moveing everything around. Photobucket then here is my 4 inch gold banned marron clown. Photobucket
also in the pic non of the coral are even close to being open when they do every inch of rock is coverd by leathers and sps and lps. even zoa.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon ,20 gallon long sump/fuge,marineland skimmer rated 125 gallons,TEK 8 bulb 48", sps,lps,softie,zoa
bigmatt1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2009, 01:30 PM   #103
davidk
Registered Member

Hi -
new on this thread as well and I apologize but I don't know how to search within a thread.

My question: will a Deltec MCE300 fit on the back of a 28 HQI and not get in the way of opening the hood?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before in this thread.

Regards.
David

davidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2009, 03:20 PM   #104
breeze
Premium Member

I believe the outlet has to be modified, but someone has done it a while back. I'll try to search for it

breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2009, 11:08 AM   #105
SlvrSurfRidr
aka: coraltopia

Anyone have a second DC8 connected to their ReefKeeper/Jr ? I need some insight and help setting up

SlvrSurfRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2009, 02:19 PM   #106
drd
Registered Member

is anyone using a phosphate reactor on their nano cubes 28?
I am having to.

drd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/2009, 02:29 PM   #107
SlvrSurfRidr

Couple guys on here running the Sapphire nano reactor:
http://www.nanotuners.com/product_in...roducts_id=595

Unread 08/20/2009, 09:26 PM   #108
ctniners
Registered Member

Question Hood legs

Hello everybody, it has been a while so I hope somebody can help me with this issue.......

My tank is getting too hot but I am in CT and our summers only last for maybe another month......so I dont want to spend on a chiller.......I heard that some people buy legs to pick up the hood couple of inches.....does anybody know where to get legs that will fit this aquarium?......if you do can you post the link?.......right now I have the hood on small wood blocks but I rather buy the legs..........thanks again guys.

Last edited by ctniners; 08/20/2009 at 09:32 PM.
ctniners is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2009, 04:34 AM   #109
breeze
Premium Member

If you look way back, someone said the exact legs that they used.

Unread 08/21/2009, 05:51 AM   #110
ctniners
Registered Member

breeze, there are 3 links to this thread.....do you happen to know if it was the very old one or the latest one that was closed?

Unread 08/21/2009, 10:47 AM   #111
breeze
Premium Member

Not sure, but probably the first. I cant believe I have been following this thread since it was only like 5 pages

Unread 08/21/2009, 10:51 AM   #112
breeze
Premium Member

Here ya go, about half way down. He said they were coralife legs:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=2

Unread 08/21/2009, 11:00 AM   #113
ctniners
Registered Member

WOW Breeze thanks a lot!...it would haven taken me forever to find it....what do you guys think about raising the hood that much? the legs he is using bring the hood 3 inches above the rim, so I guess a total of 4" or so above the surface of the water....

I use a 20K Radium......with about 4" of sandbed....I have some SPSs maybe 4 inches above the sand....will the light being this high hurt the lower placed SPSs I have...they are small......thanks for the input.....

Thanks again breeze

Unread 08/21/2009, 11:11 AM   #114
breeze
Premium Member

I don't think it will make much difference in your light. I personally don't like the look of an open top which is why I went with a nanocube. I opted for a chiller instead. Your SPS should be fine.

Unread 08/21/2009, 11:26 AM   #115
ctniners
Registered Member

I dont like the open top either, specially because I have cats and dogs (hair all over the place)...but here in CT summer last for 4 more weeks, so I dont want to spend in a chiller for only 3 months of the year...

The only problem I see with the legs is that I would need to drill holes on the clear plastic of the hood, first I dont want to crack it and second, I dont want condensation to get through the holes once I remove the legs and ruin the inside ofthe hood you know......what do you think

Unread 08/21/2009, 11:45 AM   #116
breeze
Premium Member

Good point. I live if FL, my chiller runs throughout the year.

As long as you drill with a new sharp bit and don't make the holes alot smaller than the screws, the hood wont crack. I would then use some silicone on and around the screws to prevent moisture from getting inside the hood.

Unread 08/21/2009, 08:33 PM   #117
Markk96
Premium Member

I am still running mine, not much to look at since I set it up in Jan. I need to figure out what skimmer to get for it, and does anyone run a sump one?

Current Tank Info: Former 200 Gallon Oceanic Tank. 2 250W SE XM bulbs on Lumenarc Mini Reflectors. 2 Tunze 6100's and a Tunze wavebox. Now a JBJ 28 Gallon HQI Tank.
Markk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/22/2009, 10:32 AM   #118
ctniners
Registered Member

hey guys, Western-Reefer used his midle chamber as a mini refugium, has anyone else done this?.....I was wondering, right now I use regular carbon on the bottom compartment, chemi-pure elite in the middle compartment, and the sponge on top and filter floss on top of the sponge.....Will cheato and live rock do the same as what I am using right now?....

Unread 08/23/2009, 06:59 PM   #119
super six 5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ctniners
I dont like the open top either, specially because I have cats and dogs (hair all over the place)...but here in CT summer last for 4 more weeks, so I dont want to spend in a chiller for only 3 months of the year...

The only problem I see with the legs is that I would need to drill holes on the clear plastic of the hood, first I dont want to crack it and second, I dont want condensation to get through the holes once I remove the legs and ruin the inside ofthe hood you know......what do you think
I've gotten by with an Azoo fan on the rear of the tank hooked to my controller and the ceiling fan on in the room. Obviously the tank heats up less when we've got the AC running, but except for the last two or three weeks of humidity, we haven't used the AC.

super six 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2009, 07:08 PM   #120
mr9iron
15& Over Club

Quote:
Originally posted by ctniners
hey guys, Western-Reefer used his midle chamber as a mini refugium, has anyone else done this?.....I was wondering, right now I use regular carbon on the bottom compartment, chemi-pure elite in the middle compartment, and the sponge on top and filter floss on top of the sponge.....Will cheato and live rock do the same as what I am using right now?....
I did use my center as a refugium when I had the tank going. After I get the tank set up again I plan on using it for skimmer. However, I cant decide whether to get the Euro Reef or the Sapphire. I think I will also put utilize as Phosoban reactor too.

Current Tank Info: Frag tank at the moment, planning another
mr9iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2009, 10:31 PM   #121
jwheeler
Registered Member

Ok guys I bought me a Sapphire skimmer, I got the NC24, because for some reason I thought I had read that the 24 was teh same as the 28 when ordering, or that the 24 can work with the JBJ 28g tank. I ordered mine from Premium Aquatics because they had one in stock, and their local.

My problem is that either I get the skimmer body all the way into the tank, but the collection cup doesnt have room to fit due to the tank lip in the way. Or I raise the body a little out of the water, everything fits, but the collection cup fills up in less than 30 seconds. I seen the NC28 model requires a mod to the tank, do I need to do the same?
Seems like if I did cut that lip out that it would fit right, ANYone have a pic of their lip trim cut out? Its the lip on the very back right?

Thanks!

jwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2009, 04:21 AM   #122
breeze
Premium Member

The NC28 is the same as the AP24. The NC24 is different. The lip on the back of the tank needs to be cut flush. Hopefully, that will make the NC24 fit. I would call Or email Kyle at Sapphire and talk to him. He is very helpful.

Unread 08/24/2009, 10:24 AM   #123
SlvrSurfRidr

No need to call Kyle on this one - follow directions that came with your skimmer. It will explain the lip that needs to be cut to accommodate the skimmer.

Unread 08/24/2009, 11:27 AM   #124
jwheeler
Registered Member

Well the directions that came with the skimmer said no modifications to tank needed to be made. Guess I ordered the wrong one, the NC24. But he emailed me back and told me to go ahead and cut the lip off. Will try soon.
Thanks

jwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2009, 10:03 PM   #125
schall4
Registered Member

Hey guys need a little help. Does anyone remember where the post is for the modification to the MJ1200 in a Aqua-C Remora is located? The modification allows the MJ 1200 to be placed where the stock skimmer is located. I have been trying to find it tonight and I am not having any luck. Thanks for the help.

schall4 is offline   Reply With Quote