Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/07/2009, 11:46 AM   #1
detroit_fan
Registered Member

How to clean wet side?

I was just wondering how often the wet side shoud be cleaned and what is the best way to clean it.

thanks

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home-T.Jefferson

Current Tank Info: 125g & 29g
detroit_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2009, 11:55 AM   #2
EcoTech Marine
RC Sponsor

Every three to six months should be sufficient and the easiest way is to simply soak it in vinegar overnight. Some customers have gone even longer without cleaning it, although the nozzle may get really clogged up in those cases.

President
EcoTech Marine
www.ecotechmarine.com

If the above information doesn't help you, please contact us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2 or by e-mailing [email]support@ecotech
EcoTech Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Raibaru
Registered Member

Do you recommend taking the wet side completely apart for soaking? Or just leaving it assembled will be fine?

Raibaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2009, 12:09 PM   #4
EcoTech Marine
RC Sponsor

You usually not have to take it completely apart unless you are experiencing binding or some other issue. I would remove the nozzle though.

President
EcoTech Marine
www.ecotechmarine.com

If the above information doesn't help you, please contact us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2 or by e-mailing [email]support@ecotech
Unread 05/12/2009, 09:08 PM   #5
asmodeus
SKIMMER WHORE

Thanks Tim , that is what I was going to do. I thought that i would just check it out on RC just in case. GOT TO LOVE RC and the VORTECHS too. I know that i love mine 2 xMP40Wbetter then the tunze's that i have had over the years.

Unread 05/15/2009, 08:30 AM   #6
asmodeus
SKIMMER WHORE

All I have to say is Freaking WOW, soaked both of my MP40W with water and vineger and over night and 10 mins if that for cleaning both. I can't believe fraking amazing, that is why you pay the little extra KEEPING IT SIMPLE....

THANKS VORTECH

A HAPPY CANADIAN MILITARY REEFER.

Unread 05/18/2009, 01:08 PM   #7
detroit_fan
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14969522#post14969522 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EcoTech Marine
Every three to six months should be sufficient and the easiest way is to simply soak it in vinegar overnight. Some customers have gone even longer without cleaning it, although the nozzle may get really clogged up in those cases.
Thanks. So I can soak in straight vinegar, I don't need to add some water to dilute the vinegar at all?

BTW- I have had my vortech for a couple months now and I love it!. Great flow and looks great in the tank. Love the different modes and flow options. Saving up for another one.

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home-T.Jefferson

Current Tank Info: 125g & 29g
detroit_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2009, 10:56 PM   #8
zik74
Registered Member

What's the best ratio of water and vinegar for cleaning. Thanks.

zik74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/01/2009, 10:04 AM   #9
EcoTech Marine
RC Sponsor

You can soak it in 100% vinegar.

President
EcoTech Marine
www.ecotechmarine.com

Unread 06/01/2009, 02:17 PM   #10
the1jake
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15113013#post15113013 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EcoTech Marine
You can soak it in 100% vinegar.
An aged balsamic ok?

/time to clean mine, it's been a good six months+

the1jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2009, 06:43 AM   #11
sjm817
On Yer left!

It may sound silly, but one of my favorite things about the Vortech is ease of clearing. I have 3 in the tank and one spare wet side. I take one out, replace it with the spare and soak overnight in (100%) vinegar. In the morning, replace another with the one that was just cleaned. When I come home from work, swap the 3rd one. The last one gets soaked and is ready for the next time I do the rotation.

Unread 06/11/2009, 07:01 AM   #12
RealFish
Premium Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15118352#post15118352 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sjm817
It may sound silly, but one of my favorite things about the Vortech is ease of clearing. I have 3 in the tank and one spare wet side. I take one out, replace it with the spare and soak overnight in (100%) vinegar. In the morning, replace another with the one that was just cleaned. When I come home from work, swap the 3rd one. The last one gets soaked and is ready for the next time I do the rotation.
That's a good idea.

RealFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2009, 08:16 AM   #13
zik74
Registered Member

Used vinegar for the first time to clean a powerhead and it's awsome

zik74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2009, 08:50 AM   #14
tamu
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15118352#post15118352 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sjm817
how simple and a fantastic idea

tamu is offline   Reply With Quote