User Tag List

Unread 06/29/2016, 08:42 PM   #26
bshow24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvareef View Post
I remember my first rainbow tenius
Oh hey me too......

Equipment: 2x Radion XR15 Pro, Radion XR30 Pro, Vectra M1 Return, 2x MP40 Powerhead
bshow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 07:03 AM   #27
Johnyman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
Did you buy it as Walt Disney acro from a reputable person? This is your answer. I would guess no because of your location.
No I didn't bought it like a WD, and I'm not saying that it is, but after I look to the photo above I ask if my frag isn“t it one WD.

A photo only with the RB LED

Current Tank Info: 90G SPS Reef Tank
Johnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 07:14 AM   #28
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyman View Post
No I didn't bought it like a WD, and I'm not saying that it is, but after I look to the photo above I ask if my frag isn“t it one WD.

A photo only with the RB LED

Definitively no.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 07:16 AM   #29
Johnyman
Registered Member

Thank you Pife

Current Tank Info: 90G SPS Reef Tank
Johnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 09:23 AM   #30
bshow24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyman View Post
Thank you Pife
Walt Disney is a rainbow acro, it has 4 colors in it (purple, pink, yellow, green). If you look at pictures online you'll see how colorful these pieces can get, which is one of the reasons I went for this piece.

Equipment: 2x Radion XR15 Pro, Radion XR30 Pro, Vectra M1 Return, 2x MP40 Powerhead
Unread 06/30/2016, 12:32 PM   #31
frogspawn74
Registered Member

[IMG][/IMG]
Where is Walt lol.

Just added a very small piece. Let's see what happens in a few months.

Last edited by frogspawn74; 06/30/2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: More info
frogspawn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 02:09 PM   #32
offdahooklikeoj
Registered Member

Here is a picture of my WD frag.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13524119_545850295314_1573522148_o.jpg (39.6 KB, 319 views)
offdahooklikeoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 02:46 PM   #33
Joe Cool
Registered Member

older pictures. its much bigger now.
http://i.imgur.com/0BYxqXC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ww8km7a.jpg

Joe Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 03:25 PM   #34
jbvdhp
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cool View Post

Nice!!!

Sent using your IP address

Current Tank Info: 8' 240 gallons of headache
jbvdhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2016, 03:33 PM   #35
bshow24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cool View Post
Does it grow pretty fast Joe? And where do you have it placed in the tank?

Unread 06/30/2016, 03:39 PM   #36
Joe Cool
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshow24 View Post
Does it grow pretty fast Joe? And where do you have it placed in the tank?
It took a while to get started but now it grows pretty fast. I have it about 400-420 par under t5's in the middle of my tank with really high flow.

Joe Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2016, 09:38 AM   #37
Gmerek2
Registered Member

Had mine since March. The colors you see on the Internet are achieved with photographing under 100% blues using gel filters and a talented photographer. Here is mine and realistic colors. Just a typical SPS that was hyped up with crazy photographing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57OQ_h4Ar6s&app=desktop it's the first SPS in the video.

Gmerek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2016, 09:51 AM   #38
bshow24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmerek2 View Post
Had mine since March. The colors you see on the Internet are achieved with photographing under 100% blues using gel filters and a talented photographer. Here is mine and realistic colors. Just a typical SPS that was hyped up with crazy photographing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57OQ_h4Ar6s&app=desktop it's the first SPS in the video.
I don't know about yours, but when I look at mine under 17k lighting, I see pink and purple tips with extremely bright yellow polyps (posted this picture a few days ago).

Just because it's under all blues, doesn't mean it's not actually that color. All corals look better under blues, this one just happens to look extra good.

Unread 07/01/2016, 10:02 AM   #39
cprice
Moved On

I wouldnt say that the "hype" is all based on someones photography skills and not the actual coral itslef.

I have seen many examples of WD that are brilliant in person that sometimes even looked more vibrant than the "photoshopped" pics we see online. I personally think that orange passion is a more desirable acro and my little frag has tons of orange-red polys with blue/green/yellow all over the base. It looks just as good as any example you see online.

cprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2016, 10:03 AM   #40
shred5
Registered Member

Quote:
Agreed:

I think some use these filters.:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...orrection.html

This allows you to turn up the blue so corals fluoresce much more but adds bask in the reds so it does not looks so blue. They also increase contrast.

There is a whole line of these types of underwater filters.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Un...0/N/4183191446

Technically by doing this they can claim it is the actual colors and it is not photo-shopped.

I have seen photos of corals done this way and wow.

Last edited by shred5; 07/01/2016 at 10:13 AM.
shred5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2016, 10:20 AM   #41
Gmerek2
Registered Member

Walt Disney Acro

Frag #1 is worth $200 frag #2 it will be hard to get $25. To me that is hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gmerek2; 07/01/2016 at 10:32 AM.
Gmerek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2016, 10:36 AM   #42
bshow24
Registered Member

Quote:

Frag #1 is worth $200 frag #2 it will be hard to get $25. To me that is hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not saying people aren't able to photoshop or adjust images based on contrast or exposure, I'm talking about what I see with my own eyes when I look at the coral. I have a camera and I can take pictures but I don't really care what they look like there, my goal is to be able to see a beautiful coral in my tank. The WD Acro, as far as I can see, will look exactly like the images I have seen, and since by the time I get home from work my lights are closer to 20k, I'm perfectly content with it.

Unread 07/02/2016, 06:10 AM   #43
Piper27
I love bengals

Everyone is so used to making this coral like the stupid crazy filtered and led blasted pictures no one is trying anything different. Has anyone acclimated this to high par under halides yet? Like some 400w 12k or something? I bet it would show some actual real bold and beautiful colors. Judging from the colors in actual real untouched daylight photos this coral has good potential to get amazing pinks, greens, yellows and purples.

I do not understand when it became ok to represent coral frags as true colors when taken under all blue leds with crazy filters and heavy Photoshop retouching. Let alone just one of these three would turn me from buying a coral in a heartbeat! Imagine if this was done on all websites and threads with all corals for sale, there would be no way to tell exactly what your buying.

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2016, 06:17 AM   #44
Piper27
I love bengals

Gmerek2 I think your picture looks better than the sellers and it's definatly worth more than 25 bucks I would love to try and put that thing in my 3' cube under my two 400w se, t5s and 60 led setup.

Unread 07/02/2016, 11:43 PM   #45
bshow24
Registered Member

It's funny how this thread started requesting positioning of this coral and has turned to this...I honestly don't care what sellers do to photoshop items and using filters, etc. If the coral looks good in my tank and I get to see all the colors, I'm happy. And yes, it looks as good as advertised.

Now, thanks to answers from some helpful posts, I was able to find a great spot for this coral and it seems happy and has a crazy amount of polyp extension. Can't wait to see it grow and color up!

Unread 07/03/2016, 01:58 AM   #46
Mr V
Registered Member

Here mine high under 2 radion G3 pro (70%) and 4 t5s. (45gallons tank)

I just got mine last week.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2016, 02:49 AM   #47
tigersmith
Registered Member

Here's one I'm bakin in the oven at the moment. Picture taken under Radion Pro G3 100%UV/RoyalBlue/Blue. What will it turn out to be? All color possibilites are in place. Pink coralittes starting to show. Time will only tell. It's a nice large colony.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9633.jpg (58.2 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9634.jpg (57.0 KB, 233 views)
tigersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2016, 07:15 AM   #48
Piper27
I love bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshow24 View Post
It's funny how this thread started requesting positioning of this coral and has turned to this...I honestly don't care what sellers do to photoshop items and using filters, etc. If the coral looks good in my tank and I get to see all the colors, I'm happy. And yes, it looks as good as advertised.

Now, thanks to answers from some helpful posts, I was able to find a great spot for this coral and it seems happy and has a crazy amount of polyp extension. Can't wait to see it grow and color up!
My point is you may know this coral looks "exactly" like the original pictures that were altered. But now that one of the most popular corals has been represented this way there will be a flood of hobbiest to vendors to wholesalers using this method of picturing coral. How will you know what new pieces look like in your tank? To me it's not worth paying any money to buy a coral that could look compleetly different in my tank. And a lot of people who don't know how to tell the difference between good Photoshop and misleading Photoshop will be mislead and overpay for average coral.
Not trying to go off topic, but I had to say it. Also I wanted to find out who has theirs growing in very high light? Since the topic was positioning, I did try to keep on track.

Unread 07/03/2016, 09:23 AM   #49
jbvdhp
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
My point is you may know this coral looks "exactly" like the original pictures that were altered. But now that one of the most popular corals has been represented this way there will be a flood of hobbiest to vendors to wholesalers using this method of picturing coral. How will you know what new pieces look like in your tank? To me it's not worth paying any money to buy a coral that could look compleetly different in my tank. And a lot of people who don't know how to tell the difference between good Photoshop and misleading Photoshop will be mislead and overpay for average coral.

Not trying to go off topic, but I had to say it. Also I wanted to find out who has theirs growing in very high light? Since the topic was positioning, I did try to keep on track.

The farmers and suppliers are already over saturating their photos:

Sent using your IP address

Current Tank Info: 8' 240 gallons of headache
jbvdhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2016, 12:16 PM   #50
bshow24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
This isn't the first and won't be the last coral that's been photoshopped to look better by vendors but that's also why we have communities like this to show what things look like, plus we have vendors and sellers who communicate on RC as well (where I got it from) who are willing to go the extra yard to provide more pictures to see what it will look like. I knew what I was getting, and I was ok with that. And I'm happy because it looks amazing.