Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/28/2015, 09:40 AM   #1
jsharp13
Registered Member

Black Sailfin Blenny and Lawnmower Blenny. OK together?

I recently placed my first order on Blue Zoo Aquatics. Good prices, good selection. Looking forward to my order. However, I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

If you spent $200, they were offering either a free lawnmower blenny or some coral polyps. I chose the blenny. However, already in my order was a black sailfin blenny.

I should have done a bit more research before making that decision and placing the order, but I didn't. After reading some, I'm a bit worried the 2 blennys will not get along. Especially in the 20 gallon quarantine tank I was going to place them in. So, here are my options:

1) Call Blue Zoo and switch to the coral (I really do like the lawnmower, just hadn't planned on him right now)
2) See how they do in the 20 gallon and react accordingly (may mean the death of a fish)
3) Take a chance and put one of them directly in my DT (he would be the first fish in there)
4) Take a chance and put both directly in my DT (maybe if they are introduced into a large tank together, they will be ok?)

Any advice?

Unread 09/28/2015, 12:30 PM   #2
Shawn O
Registered Member

5) use two qt tanks (if incompatible), trade him to a friend or LFS for something you want?

Current Tank Info: 55gal tank, sumpless, ReefOctopus Classic 90, Twin bulb T5.
Shawn O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2015, 12:39 PM   #3
mattgumaer
Registered Member

I would call Blue Zoo and switch to the free coral if possible. I think the odds are against you trying to quarantine both in a 20 and putting one or both in the display without quarantine is a pretty big role of the dice.

Matt

mattgumaer is offline   Reply With Quote