Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/20/2018, 09:57 PM   #5926
OrionN
Moved on

What did you do with your normal pair?

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2018, 06:36 AM   #5927
Chicago
Registered Member

This thread keeps going.. love the great pics..

Current Tank Info: 500 gal starphire, reef sps dominated, 40 plus fish, 300 gallon sump in basement below, reeftek calcium reactor, reeftek kalkwasser reactor, lifeguard fluidized filter for rowaphose, 4 400MH 10k xm, 2 160 vho super attinic, DYI 50 gallon denitrator
Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/21/2018, 10:38 AM   #5928
nav jam
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
What did you do with your normal pair?
Moved them on as singes, I don’t have the means for another tank. One of the singles was paired with a Misbar before I managed to get the second Misbar

nav jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 07:26 PM   #5929
Pslreefer
In Memoriam

Check out this vendor site starting at $53 for yellow belly with a 21 day guarantee!!

https://fishybusinessaquatics.com/fi...es-diacanthus/

Pslreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2018, 07:32 PM   #5930
Pslreefer
In Memoriam

Well starting... looks like the only size they have is adult at $133 but still 21 day guarantee

Unread 05/30/2018, 04:50 AM   #5931
alton
Registered Member

Fishy business just changed their warranty, it was pro rated, and now a full warranty.

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/30/2018, 05:15 AM   #5932
OrionN
Moved on

Anybody ordered from Fishy Business?

How do you pro-rated warranty of an animal?

I am glad that they don't do it anymore.

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 05/30/2018, 12:00 PM   #5933
mitchrapp
Registered Member

It used to be prorated based on number of days, so you only get 100% if it dies on the first day. But moot now since they got rid of it. They use Sea Dwelling Creatures as their wholesaler, just like saltwaterfish.com. I ordered from them and the fish came in fine.

mitchrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/30/2018, 02:11 PM   #5934
OrionN
Moved on

One can prorate something that have a useful life span. Car tires and the like. Is the fish he sale expected to live for 2 weeks only? Se we get the full “use” of the fish if it live two weeks? So if it live 1 week then we got 50% value already and he only refund 50%?

That is prorated warranty of an animal is so stupid. I am glad he got rid of it. Back in the 90’s there is a Fishy Business measured the size of the clam he sale by measure the curvature length of it rather than the actual length of the clam. I wonder if this is the same business.

Unread 05/30/2018, 02:18 PM   #5935
Pslreefer
In Memoriam

Regal Angel Primer

My regal is doing great though! Eats frozen brine/mysis and pellets but not nori or the Hikari mega marine angel food.

Unread 05/30/2018, 06:42 PM   #5936
saf1
Registered Member

Few threads around the net with regards to this site. I looked at them a while back and the warranty, on a fish of all things, just wasn't right and made no sense. Especially when you compare it to LA/DD. If they got rid of that then that is a good thing and maybe get them some more business.

Having said that you are now at the "it starts at" configuration page and what you thought started at 60 is soon to be 160. No thanks I will pass. I received a few weeks back a Lt. Tang from LA and I couldn't be happier. Very well boxed, arrived first thing in the morning, pin hole leak in one of the bags but had over half of the water to spare, bottom half of bag was black, and the fish was in excellent health. Pretty much going to be my source of fish.

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon mixed reef
saf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2018, 05:15 AM   #5937
alton
Registered Member

In all fairness to changing pricing LA does something similar, if you go to the large angels page and look at blue girdled angel it will state as low as $99, but when you click on it, it becomes $149 because that is what they have in stock at the time. Competition makes the world go around. My company competes on a daily basis. since we are off topic any way I have a Tail Spot Blenny coming on Friday courtesy of Live Aquaria.
Back to Regal Angelfish, everyone knows in the summer my tank cleaning sux because it's summer, so I do a once a month 60 gallon water change, and feed the fish daily. Cleaning the glass takes a back seat, which explains the first picture. But it shows how the smaller of the two is catching up in size. The second picture is from a year ago

Attached Images
File Type: jpg regals 5-29-18.jpg (103.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg fish 6-12-17R.jpg (73.3 KB, 43 views)
Unread 05/31/2018, 08:56 AM   #5938
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

hello folks.
i need help with this issue i have with this regal. i had it for about 1.5 weeks now. i did 2 fresh water dips. one for 9 mins on first arrival and then immediately went into a 10 gal with prazipro treatment at 1.5 dose.
3 days later fresh water dip again for 5 mins and changed the tank water and double the prazipro. at day 3 i started to notice these spots. at day 5 onward i see more....

what are they? i hope the vid is clear enuf to help you diagnose. i dont have a clue what it is. the fish eats brine and mysys. i bough tit from a local petco they special ordered for me said it came from indian ocean. i dont know, i go by what i was told

https://youtu.be/98AbzfgJbGs

AND also some pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180530_202921[1].jpg (39.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 20180530_202928.jpg (39.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20180530_203032.jpg (38.0 KB, 40 views)
Pinkskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2018, 10:06 AM   #5939
OrionN
Moved on

Looks like Lymphocystis. Wait and see if the white mass get larger

Unread 05/31/2018, 11:58 AM   #5940
alton
Registered Member

what caused the fin damage? was it damaged on arrival? And why the multiple FW dips? for me 10 gallon seems to small for an angel QT? I am not a big sterile QT tank for regal angels, give it an algae clip or something it can pick on all day long, and definitely add a hiding place like pvc pipe or something similar

Unread 05/31/2018, 12:49 PM   #5941
Pslreefer
In Memoriam

My lil one

Unread 05/31/2018, 01:01 PM   #5942
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkskunk View Post
hello folks.
i need help with this issue i have with this regal. i had it for about 1.5 weeks now. i did 2 fresh water dips. one for 9 mins on first arrival and then immediately went into a 10 gal with prazipro treatment at 1.5 dose.
3 days later fresh water dip again for 5 mins and changed the tank water and double the prazipro. at day 3 i started to notice these spots. at day 5 onward i see more....

what are they? i hope the vid is clear enuf to help you diagnose. i dont have a clue what it is. the fish eats brine and mysys. i bough tit from a local petco they special ordered for me said it came from indian ocean. i dont know, i go by what i was told

https://youtu.be/98AbzfgJbGs

AND also some pics
Two problems.

1. Eroding of the fins in various area with the bonny ray intact is cause for concern that the fish may have bacterial infection, fin rot.

2. The white spots looks like lymphocystis.

I would treat him (QT tank) with antibiotic for the eroding lesions on the fins. There is nothing you can do about lymphocystis. These lesions, if they are lymphocystis, will eventually go away once the fish regain his health.

Unread 05/31/2018, 02:27 PM   #5943
alton
Registered Member

I agree with everything Minh said, just make sure you feed him as many times a day as you can and at the same time pristine water conditions. I received a couple of regal angels from petco online before they bought LA and the fish where always in great shape.

Unread 06/01/2018, 04:32 AM   #5944
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

Quote:
Two problems.

1. Eroding of the fins in various area with the bonny ray intact is cause for concern that the fish may have bacterial infection, fin rot.

2. The white spots looks like lymphocystis.

I would treat him (QT tank) with antibiotic for the eroding lesions on the fins. There is nothing you can do about lymphocystis. These lesions, if they are lymphocystis, will eventually go away once the fish regain his health.
ok thanks Minh. should i treat with Cipro while i have them on hand?

to answer other questions: no the fish has no damage while in store when it arrived. the white spots comes in after a few days in QT. yes i know the QT is small but i try to change the water every 2 days now.

Unread 06/01/2018, 04:40 AM   #5945
OrionN
Moved on

Cipro would be fine. I would add it to the water, not worry about feed the fish the medication. Don't have much light in the fish QT so you should not worry about degradation of med due to light.

Unread 06/01/2018, 12:56 PM   #5946
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

ok will treat it with Cipro then. thanks Minh

Unread 06/02/2018, 07:29 AM   #5947
OrionN
Moved on

Good luck. Let us know how it turn out.

Unread 06/05/2018, 05:55 AM   #5948
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

updates...

i forgot to take picture. but the fins at the top gets worse, more torn spots. Also, the white spots are not spreading and no new ones occurred. but the place where the old white spots occur now are holes, in other words, the white spot left holes in its place. the fish still eat but only a couple of mysis and ignored the rest. i still change 100% water every 2nd day. treat cipro nightly, appears no effect on the fins and tail infection issue, med doesnt seem to help stop the infection or some sort. perhaps its the water quality? when i do water change i do 100%. last night i did it and plan to move the fish into the DT on the 2nd day, where the water is better and more stable.

Quote:
Good luck. Let us know how it turn out.

Unread 06/05/2018, 08:43 AM   #5949
alton
Registered Member

Moving a sick fish into your display is a bad idea if you have other fish? You take a chance of infecting all of them. I did that once, I thought I was invincible. Moved a sickly fish into my very large sump because of better water quality and lost all my fish in my display, it was not worth it.

Unread 06/05/2018, 09:18 AM   #5950
Pinkskunk
Registered Member

i hear you loud and clear. but the cipro treatment does not appear to do anything, fish actually gets worse. so i thought it may not be the infection???
but water quality......??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton View Post
Moving a sick fish into your display is a bad idea if you have other fish? You take a chance of infecting all of them. I did that once, I thought I was invincible. Moved a sickly fish into my very large sump because of better water quality and lost all my fish in my display, it was not worth it.