Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/24/2007, 03:27 AM   #1
Sway_A_Way
Registered Member

70RR tank thread

My project was put on hold for a couple months and now i can finally start to get my tank ready within the next few weeks here. I live in a tiny apartment so this was a perfect size tank. I was gonna start a thread so here it goes ill try to upgrade asap.
lowgrade pics for now sry

70 gallon reef ready oceanic tank and stand; custom canapy which im in the process of finishing.

everything open and plumbing done, for now right?

short hand plumbing, still have small pieces to cut itll be ready to glue

So far the heart of the system relys in a 20g L sump, 9.5mag return pump, dual 200w titanium heaters, coralife fuge light, and a Euroreef skimmer.

lights will be installed on a custom "rack" in my canapy, they consist of 2 x 175w 14k's and 2 x 39w T5's retro'd, along with DIY moonlights.

flow will be 2 x seio 820's along with my MJ mod 1200.

everything controlled by a neptunes aqua jr

Ill post pictures of everything being installed along the way, Lemme know whatcha think ideas ect....

Sway_A_Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2007, 05:39 AM   #2
nazzy_19
Registered Member

I have the same tank. The only thing that I dislike about it is the location of the overflow. Can't really put a huge piece of rock in the middle portion.

nazzy_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Sway_A_Way
Registered Member

ya i get what u mean, i was gonna spend a day arranging live rock around ive got a couple ideas and lots of epoxy

did u make ur own canapy?

Unread 01/24/2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Sway_A_Way
Registered Member

Here is a google sketchup of how i designed my canapy. This just an open view w/o doors or a top. A couple changes made along the way when building but that program helped me 100%. I designed a light rack that slides in for easy changes or upgrades.

heres a sketchup of the cabinet im building next to the tank

As im sure ur aware of naz that there isnt any room for nearly everything u need on this size tank so im building a matching cabinet to store my QT tank ATO res., and my kalk reactor.

Unread 01/24/2007, 10:39 PM   #5
Sway_A_Way
Registered Member

question: do i need a baffle between my skimmer and return pump? i have the pump in the middle and the skimmer on the right side. what kind of problems could i run into? topoff level/micro bubbles?